Freewind

Sep 6, 2010
Hello, guys!
Maybe you can help me.
I wanna open bank account in bank in Indonesia (not nessesary indonesian) with open debit card (not a credit!), which I can use for on-line payment for international airlines tickets.
And also will be good to have mobile banking.
The problem is - I don't have a KITAS, so need a bank, who will let me open account. And second problem - is no enough information in banks's websites and actually, it can be wrong.
So, who had a good experience with banks i here, maybe can give some advice?

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Banks and kitas

You just need a friend with an indonesian bank account to verify you, take your passport and other identification.BII is a good one to start with. Also Commonwealth Bank will open an account, as long as you have a letter from Commonwealth Australia Bank. There are probably other indonesian banks that do the same as BII, just check.

Good Luck
:icon_razz:

Channel1

Dec 11, 2010
Kuta - Bali
www.channel1.biz
Bank Account.

The only bank who will accept new bank account for personal saving either in Rupiah account or US$ account is Bank Permata but for this you will need to be referred by an Indonesian who own an account at the mentioned bank.

For more info, you may contact me I may as well help you to this.

Cheers,

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Banking

The only bank who will accept new bank account for personal saving either in Rupiah account or US$ account is Bank Permata but for this you will need to be referred by an Indonesian who own an account at the mentioned bank.

For more info, you may contact me I may as well help you to this.

Cheers,

Bank Permata is not the only Bank to accept a new account. BII extends the same service, if you go with an Indonesian who has an account too, as I mentioned before.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
same with mandiri, bca, danamon, bii, and all the rest.... You also get your atmcard right away, without your name on it, if you want an atmcard with your name it will take aprox. 10 days.

Freewind

Sep 6, 2010
gilbert de jong , so, u sure, that all indo banks can open account, just need to have a sponsor (reffery) who has account in the same banks? Dont need to have any tax number? (I hope)
But which bank can provide debit mastercard/visa (not electron), which I can use in internet to buy tickets and other stuff? It is the most important for me. ATM card is not what i need..

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Atm is not what i need

You now have a great list of banks to choose from. Get in there and ask these questions to them directly. :icon_rolleyes:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
As for the referral (friend who has an account at the bank) I can only tell you my personal experience when I opened an account, I did it without and wasn't asked for one either.
I just walked in and took a number and waited for my turn at the customer services desk, at the c.s. desk I explained what I wanted and she then grabed some forms and started filling them in, asking me questions along the way. she made copies of my passport,kitas and blue book. I signed and that was that. Got an atmcard right away..not the card you want. Since it's a rupiahaccount I didn't see the sence of having such a card, the Dollaraccount is a 'long-term' deposit so no card.
Up to you now where to go, but do as scout suggest...(if you're in the country already) just go to a bank and tell 'm what you want. Might help to mention how much money you're going to deposit in their care ;).
friendly greetings, gilbert.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
As for the referral (friend who has an account at the bank) I can only tell you my personal experience when I opened an account, I did it without and wasn't asked for one either.
I

Yes, but you had a kitas. I think the "friend" (who has identity) is used when you do not have a kitas.

msveuve

Jul 24, 2010
Bali
Comm Bank

if you have an Australian Commonwealth bank account you simply take proof of identity,passport etc..and they will open an account for you in either rupiah or AUD...and they do it on the spot.

Went there yesterday on Jl Legian, and was told that my OZ Comm Bank acount means nothing here to open a local one. Have to start afresh

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Went there yesterday on Jl Legian, and was told that my OZ Comm Bank acount means nothing here to open a local one. Have to start afresh

If you dont have a kitas, you will need a letter of introduction from your commonwealth branch in australia, along with your passport copy. friends of mine doing the same thing, took copies of their latest bank statements, so the bank staff can see that you actually have money to transfer. Hope this helps

steelersman

Jul 3, 2011
What can an American do to open a bank account in Bali? I need to transfer money into an Indonesian account for living expenses because American banks will not allow for more than $100 transactions at a time. Maybe if I go in the bank I can withdraw my rent money?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
The BCA Card Centre on jalan Raya Kuta allows you to take up to Rp10 million (about US$1100) per day on credit card. The Card Centre charges Rp50.000 per transaction.

Previously, I would transfer cash to my credit card via internet the day before and then withdraw my own money from the credit card.

My bank charges $4.00 for a Rp10 mill transaction (as long as my credit card's in "credit", otherwise there's a "cash advance" fee) and the exchange rate is comparable to that on the street.

Suggest you check with your credit card company about their charges and exchange rates first, then this might be the way to go.

steelersman

Jul 3, 2011
The BCA Card Centre on jalan Raya Kuta allows you to take up to Rp10 million (about US$1100) per day on credit card. The Card Centre charges Rp50.000 per transaction.

Previously, I would transfer cash to my credit card via internet the day before and then withdraw my own money from the credit card.

My bank charges $4.00 for a Rp10 mill transaction (as long as my credit card's in "credit", otherwise there's a "cash advance" fee) and the exchange rate is comparable to that on the street.

Suggest you check with your credit card company about their charges and exchange rates first, then this might be the way to go.

In the past, I could use my ATM like a credit card. It has a visa logo. So I believe that I should be able to use BCA card center to withdraw $1100 every month.

Hopefully I will find an Indonesia friend to help me open a bank account. I would like to have my salary transferred into an Indonesian bank account.

alphonso

May 26, 2011

I have withdrawn Rp10 mill several times from random atm's i don't remember the name of. i think they all do it (the ones that display the 100,000Rp sticker on the machine). Just stand there, withdraw your cash and rinse & repeat. No fees with my card though.