Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
Re: post #79

Bill...I suggest you need an agent to get what you want. The rules are clear but, like everything in Indonesia, rules are not always strictly applied...I have my own experience of that.
Registered agents are still being used so I'd suggest you ask a couple to advise, and request cost, to achieve your desire.

We have talked to several agents. I have yet to find one that I really like. also, I find that they know a lot, but are not so good at looking at the entire picture and advising us.

- Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We have talked to several agents. I have yet to find one that I really like. also, I find that they know a lot, but are not so good at looking at the entire picture and advising us.

- Bill

Well Bill the visas you might find useful can be located here....Visas and Documentation - Information on working documents for expatriates in Indonesia

1. Are you qualified for a retirement visa? It still requires a Registered Agent to apply and I haven't heard anymore about the Gov't banning agents.
2. The business visa isn't designed for those doing the kind of business you have explained..it is for those businessmen from abroad, who conduct business within Indonesia, to travel to/fro easily to attend to that business.
3. The multi-entry Sosbud might be useful but still requires leaving RI every 60 days and returning...but it lasts a year.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
Well Bill the visas you might find useful can be located here....Visas and Documentation - Information on working documents for expatriates in Indonesia

1. Are you qualified for a retirement visa? It still requires a Registered Agent to apply and I haven't heard anymore about the Gov't banning agents.
2. The business visa isn't designed for those doing the kind of business you have explained..it is for those businessmen from abroad, who conduct business within Indonesia, to travel to/fro easily to attend to that business.
3. The multi-entry Sosbud might be useful but still requires leaving RI every 60 days and returning...but it lasts a year.

The agent is now saying that we can get a retirement visa (with less paperwork than is mentioned on the website) for IDR 11M.

He is asking the lawyer contact if that can be done while we are in Raja Ampat, and then we get the passport stamped later in Singapore.

- Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The agent is now saying that we can get a retirement visa (with less paperwork than is mentioned on the website) for IDR 11M.

He is asking the lawyer contact if that can be done while we are in Raja Ampat, and then we get the passport stamped later in Singapore.

- Bill
Well done Bill...when you get the stamp in Singapore it will be a Vitas...on returning to Indonesia you are given a short time limit to convert that to a Kitas...your agent should do this for you.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
Well done Bill...when you get the stamp in Singapore it will be a Vitas...on returning to Indonesia you are given a short time limit to convert that to a Kitas...your agent should do this for you.

And this will cost...?

Dare I ask what is the difference between a Kitas and a Vitas?

- Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
And this will cost...?

Dare I ask what is the difference between a Kitas and a Vitas?

- Bill

It should be part of the package from your agent..it was for me. Your agent should advise the procedure seeing you are paying big for his service but below is how it is normally done.
A Vitas is what the Singapore Embassy stamps and on arrival in Indonesia you should, within 7 days, get your agent to convert that Vitas to an ITAS stamp and also issue the Kitas card.

VITAS... is the temporary visa which you get from the Singapore Embassy to allow a return to RI .
ITAS..... is the temporary stay visa and a stamp in your passport, which is what you must get within 7 days of arrival in RI. It should include the MERP which is your exit/re-entry permit.
KITAS... is the yellow card they issue which you are supposed to carry at all times.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
It should be part of the package from your agent..it was for me. Your agent should advise the procedure seeing you are paying big for his service but below is how it is normally done.
A Vitas is what the Singapore Embassy stamps and on arrival in Indonesia you should, within 7 days, get your agent to convert that Vitas to an ITAS stamp and also issue the Kitas card.

VITAS... is the temporary visa which you get from the Singapore Embassy to allow a return to RI .
ITAS..... is the temporary stay visa and a stamp in your passport, which is what you must get within 7 days of arrival in RI. It should include the MERP which is your exit/re-entry permit.
KITAS... is the yellow card they issue which you are supposed to carry at all times.

Ok, we are hearing more about this as I sit here talking to the agent.

Apparently the 11M IDR is EACH YEAR (we had thought it was for five years). PLUS, we have to pay $180 to the Embassy RI when we are in Singapore. So, total $1,000 USD per year.

Is this anyone else's understanding of typical costs?

Thanks,

Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
It's on the high side but my wife and I paid around IDR 6-7 each, per year, when we had Kitas' a couple of years ago. The Singapore charge is once only as you only go once...all extensions/renewals are done in Indonesia.

Like I've said many times...Indonesia doesn't really welcome foreigners...they just like our money.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Absolutely correct and exactly what the rest of us pay.

Only cheaper if you go without the multi exit/entrance visa but that's a bitch to get if you need it suddenly.