marklindsay

Mar 19, 2014
Hi

How much data , part from a basic site plan , position and general dimensions are required for the lodging of an IMB?

Are full architectural/builders plans needed? - showing all specs , all internal layout, building materials, roofing , door types etc etc?

I'm hoping to put forward a basic house and site plan showing pool etc , but not actually specifying everything at the moment. Hoping that the fee is determined by area etc

any clues ?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Here in Karangasem the fee is calculated on covered square meterage as of my last application - that was 12 months ago.

Just a thought: you might want to immediately apply for the Pondok Wisata or permission to rent rooms for a small holding. Even if you don't intend to rent the room out - the authorities see your villa as being rented out to you, presuming you are on a nominee agreement like most of us, and are starting to insist that be applied for when they send out their minions to check it up.

They are looking to increase their tax take - surprise!

marklindsay

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks

I"ve worked out what I want to have built, done some preliminary design work - as the "look" etc. Have a measured plan and elevations - all done by self. Not quite ready to engage a contractor but wanting to get the paper work/feepaying process underway before I have to hand it over to a contractor.

Hence my request at the amount of detail the "officials" might want to see?

As an aside-I'm using a local nominee as my "agent" to file all the required documents and permissions (banjar, neighbours etc) but really wanted to avoid having to go an architect( i KNOW what I want and too expensive) and a contractor just yet.

and yes, will be submitting a Pondok Wisata application as part of the process

QUOTE=Markit;100135]Here in Karangasem the fee is calculated on covered square meterage as of my last application - that was 12 months ago.

Just a thought: you might want to immediately apply for the Pondok Wisata or permission to rent rooms for a small holding. Even if you don't intend to rent the room out - the authorities see your villa as being rented out to you, presuming you are on a nominee agreement like most of us, and are starting to insist that be applied for when they send out their minions to check it up.

They are looking to increase their tax take - surprise![/QUOTE]

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks

I"ve worked out what I want to have built, done some preliminary design work - as the "look" etc. Have a measured plan and elevations - all done by self. Not quite ready to engage a contractor but wanting to get the paper work/feepaying process underway before I have to hand it over to a contractor.

Hence my request at the amount of detail the "officials" might want to see?

As an aside-I'm using a local nominee as my "agent" to file all the required documents and permissions (banjar, neighbours etc) but really wanted to avoid having to go an architect( i KNOW what I want and too expensive) and a contractor just yet.

and yes, will be submitting a Pondok Wisata application as part of the process

I'm informed that a rough sketch is all you will need to get the IMB started but for the Pondok you will need a detailed drawing (and the patience of Sisyphus). If you are anywhere near or in Karangasem I can give you the number of my "contact" in the Pondok offices here - just PM me.

P

paulseawind

. . . you might want to immediately apply for the Pondok Wisata or permission to rent rooms for a small holding . . .

Yes, that is a good idea
In some regions it will increase the value of the property against one without PW

But then you have to pay 'Hotel Tax' which was minimally around Rp250K per annum in 2012 and for usage of the bore water seeing as you'll be 'Commercial'
But all worth it and it serves to show you are observing the rules, or aiming to, even if you do not rent any rooms out

Another thing - I am supposing here - with the push to come for higher wages, if you have a commercial property perhaps your 'minimum wage level' for your staff will be higher than a 'Tempat Tinggal' one? Just a thought and I have nothing to support that with

I have TT and to go to PW will set me back Rp50jt approx
But I do not want PW - not yet anyway - I will wait until they force me to do it
And the Polisi made me sign a Surat (in July 2013) that I will not rent and it's been stamped by the Sekretariat of the Desa who, in theory, will dob me in if I break the law there
But my bore water is gratis and we pump many thousands of litres regularly onto the gardens and lawns

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I have TT and to go to PW will set me back Rp50jt approx An astonishing amount to pay! but I have heard anything up to 100 juta but this is a rabid example of "stupid pays". Here in Karangasem the going rate is 20 - 25 juta and it comes even cheaper if you get it before you build along with the IMB because if you do the PW later you have to renew/redo your IMB so doing at the beginning together is better.

But I do not want PW - not yet anyway - I will wait until they force me to do it That is exactly my point from above - the authorities are starting to do just that because we who live under a nominee agreement are renting our property from the owner and therefore this "rent" should come under the taxation called for by the PW - they want the dosh and are sending teams of enforcers through the land - at the moment the team is in Sideman.

P

paulseawind

I have TT and to go to PW will set me back Rp50jt approx An astonishing amount to pay!

Yes, and thanks for the info because I have not really dug down on this yet, to find out what the provider will bear at the end of the day
But it's the old story: if you arrive at the business in a Porsche they bump the price up automagically - I know a woman who sells car batteries who said those exact words to me

I would have come across as a total rookie and they treated me accordingly
The first was an experienced developer - he said 40-50jt - but it would be all done and be of good use
The second was Polisi who started higher and then came down to 50jt - but they told me a lot of info as well, for example, just Pondok Wisata on it's own does not achieve anything - I think it is the first document that entitles you to pursue the other 4 or 5
I do not know but maybe one is for Fire Safety, for Pest Control, Staff Amenities Rest Area - all that stuff that we know of from other countries

The Team has been and gone here, for now . . .

Also, I am close by the shoreline and that 100 metres rule is still in place
But, and I have heard on good authority, that rule is going to be altered to only 50 metres which makes a renewal of my IMB a tad easier
My property is a 2004 build - well before the Jan 2010 100 metres rule

All these situations are really case by case

dino

Mar 25, 2014
Real story of getting IMB and other required licence's for business

Hi

How much data , part from a basic site plan , position and general dimensions are required for the lodging of an IMB?

Are full architectural/builders plans needed? - showing all specs , all internal layout, building materials, roofing , door types etc etc?

I'm hoping to put forward a basic house and site plan showing pool etc , but not actually specifying everything at the moment. Hoping that the fee is determined by area etc

any clues ?

Hello,

First of all, your certificate of rental the land, should mention RIGHT TO BUILD, otherwise forget all the rest, it is NOT possible then you can build something on the land. If certificate have correct status, you need a approval letter from the owner that you allowed to build on his land. ps, RIGHT TO USE is NOT the same as RIGHT TO BUILD.

I hope i do not disappoint you, but here is the real facts what is required for your IMB and Pondok Wisata Licence / hotel Melati licence ( if more then 5 rooms for rent ).

so please forget and dont get focussed on those story's i read, ' you need only some sketches on a napking' for IMB.

the Drawings you need is :
1. map of location
2. Siteplan
3. Denah plan (groundplan)
4. Denah setiap lantai (floorplans)>(it can filled furniture or not)
5.Tampak (elevations)>( it must add by balinnese vernaculars/style)
6. Potongan memanjang dan melintang(sections)
7.Pool details (rencana dan detail kolam/jika ada)
8.Fence details ( it must add by balinnese vernaculars/style)
9.substructure plan(rencana pondasi)
10.upperstructre plan (rencana balok dan kolom)
11. Roofed plan/(rencana ring balok dan atap)
12.schedule of structure details(schedule detail kolom dan balok)
13.Substructure details(detail pondasi)
14.Rainharvesting details(detail sumur resapan hujan)
15. Septcitank details(detail septictank)
16. RAB ( estimated building cost, include labour, material, machinery etc.... )

Further on, those drawings MUST be signed by an architect, and no architect what to sign your own made drawings ( since no money for them then ) so you can not avoid using an architect.
Without signing, your application for IMB will be refused, and you keep going back and forward and cost you alot of time and going nowhere.

Further on, since you not the owner of your villa/building, means it is rented out, you need a pondok wisata licence ( in fact, you applying for IMB in name of the owner, whom rent out the land/villa to you )

The licence for renting out a villa, the pondok wisata, is unfortuanally not enough, you need also a HO- SITU licence ( business licence )

except the drawings and licence's, you need also recomandation from neighbours ( at 4 sides ) , ADAT, kepala Desa, Camat, Bupati and kantor Lingkuan Hidup ( envoirement )

When you got this all, you are ready to go file for your IMB.

What does it cost?

The architect cost is ofcourse depending on the architect you use, in my case, for 1100 m2 buildings the IMB drawings cost me 26 juta ( but i used him already for several projects, so i got abit discount )

Recomandation from neighbours ( uang rokok ) 1 juta
Recomandation from ADAT, 1 juta
Recomandation from kepala Desa, 2 juta
Recomandation from Camat 5 juta
Recomandation from Bupati, 15 juta
Recomandation from kantor lingkuan Hidup 10 juta

ps, all the recomandations comes all with an official nota, so it is NOT bribing money, except the neighbours signing/approval

This is the cost you gone make already, even BEFORE you can file for IMB, be couse you need those documents otherwise your application will be refused.

Then the IMB cost is, since it is commercial building ( rented out villa ) is 1,5 % from RAB ( estimated building cost )
in general they calculate 3 juta / m2 for building cost, so your RAB should be around that amount,

In excample, if your building ( include septic tank, pool, parking, garage etcc ) is 400 m2 ( ps, every storey calculated seperately ) your IMB cost will be then 1,5 % x 400 x 3000000 = 18 juta

so roughly, without a NEEDED architect, it gonne cost you, based on 400 m2 total building area ( also 2nd floor ) :

RP. 50.000.000 - RP.55.000.000

include architect about RP. 70.000.000

How long does it take?

If you have all the documents prepared as i mentioned above, it is done in 2 weeks
If you think or try to skip some, takes you months, be couse the keep you going back and forwards till they have all documents, and after all, cost you the same or even more, and you lose months of time.

Tips

dont use an Agent, Brooker or some local to arrange your IMB, do it yourself, i did also, and people there at office are really helpfull and speak english
They cost you alot of money, and they not committed with your building ( IMB ), besides you have to go there anyway for interview and discuss your plan to build, So better you meet them already at fist stage, then later on.

Get all aplication forms first from the IMB office, so you know what is required in that province of Bali ( can be abit different in each province )

Go to kepala Desa, and do donation for the village where you wanne build ( 3-5 juta will do ), and register as citizen there. This will help you alot when finally building ( people not complaining when truck passing by their houses, and damage the road )

After building done, donate for in direct area living people ( about 500 m2 radius ) and for the people along the acces road to your land, some money or material for their houses ( i did renewed for every one the roofing ) so you fully accepted as neighbour/citizen in the village ( very important, if you dont do, can be a hard time living there, even with your new investment / villa )

For your building, use local tukangs ( workers ) DO NOT use a contractor whom got his workers from Java

Ok, i think this is enough for now, and i hope my message is clear.

Do not believe all those stories on internet for getting an IMB, maybe 20 years ago it could be done on a napkin, but now a days they need real documents.
Use an Architect to make you the right drawings, otherwise you going nowhere
File your IMB yourself
Dont forget the people in village

marklindsay

Mar 19, 2014
Thank you Dino

lots of good advice!

I have printed it all and placed it in my Ubud House file- the "working bible"!

Mark

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I would just add that, as with so much here in Asia, the above is just one of many possible outcomes. There is no definitive right or wrong way to do things. For my part here in Karangasem the process was considerably easier and cheaper.

Many times I get the feeling that the closer to south of the island you are the more complexity (aka cost) has been built into the system without any increase in efficiency or speed.

But what do I know?

dino

Mar 25, 2014
I would just add that, as with so much here in Asia, the above is just one of many possible outcomes. There is no definitive right or wrong way to do things. For my part here in Karangasem the process was considerably easier and cheaper.

Many times I get the feeling that the closer to south of the island you are the more complexity (aka cost) has been built into the system without any increase in efficiency or speed.

But what do I know?

yes maybe more to south is even more expensive, but my situation is based on Buleleng regenci, north/west bali and i applyed as date of 18 september 2014, so really actually prices.
And as mentioned before, all comes with official kwitansi, it are fixed prices for recomandations, and for IMB, it cost 1 % of RAB for private building, and 1,5 % of RAB for business related buildings.

The only thing you can try is to get the RAB as low as possible, but believe me, those officers whom handeling the request for IMB are not stupid, They handle over 100 IMB applications a month, they really know the prices.

I think the most here are talking about their IMB years ago, when it was possible to bribe abit to an officer, but that is out of question now a days.

Besides, try to find the website of kantor Bupati from your province ( for buleleng i have, so if needed sent me email ), and read / see there about IMB.

the Buleleng website is quite helpfull, with alot of needed information, unfortuanally not all information there. You can even download the application forms online, so no need to go there to collect them. check the form carefully, there are the extra requirements mentioned what is not on webside.

But summary all you need, i mentioned before.

good luck and keep us informed