spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
When I did it in KL it took one day, but someone recently posted you pick it up the next day after applying. I prefer going to KL over Singapore, but the staff at the KL embassy ask a lot of questions and may only give you 30 days if you already have had a few social visas in your passport. I went to Penang a couple of times also when I was staying in Sumatra and the staff were very friendly there and not busy at all.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The same day visa in KL is now only available to Malaysian residents. Normally, if the applicant gets to the Embassy early and presents the application it is available the next afternoon. They hava a quota system so if you are a bit late you will be out of luck. Also, they have a dress code and if you don't dress accordingly they reject entry to the Embassy.

recently took a visa run to Kota Kinabalu. The only thing is that you have to stay there for two nights as Air Asia doesnt have flights every day to KK.
prices: Tickets: USD 130, car from airport USD 10, visa USD 55 (issued within one day without any agents), two nights stay USD 60 , extra expences for excursions and guinness....
I wish I could stay there longer as there are some interesting places to see there which I did not manage.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Social Visa? Looking at the map it would seem you could just about drive over from Indonesia in a couple of hours?

Did you get a contact name over there in the immigration dept?

not necessary to have anyone in immigration dep. there
I just came to Indonesia embassy at 9 o clock, filled anketa, paid 170 ringgit ($55), and returned to receive passport with visa 211 at 15:30
What is good that Malaysian visa issued free of charge upon arrival. So it is only personal matter how much to spend for staying there.