Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Kerobokan and Nice , France
Hi all !
I have had a new beer in Bali a few times at different restaurants, it's called Stark beer.
The beer is from North Bali from Lovina beach brewery.
There are one blond and one dark kind of beer.
I like this beer and would like to know if someone knows if it's possible to buy it from a supermarket ?
Best regards.

Andy

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
not lovina...but gitgit, just go there (you'll drive through gitgit when going to singaraja) and ask for tony..
nice day out jalan2 and you'll get it cheaper at the brewery.

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
I'm confused.
I know that Storm beer has a few different kind of beers.
The one that i'm looking for is Stark beer and i have seen only two kinds blond and dark.
One the bottle of Stark beer it's written Lovina beach brewery.
Thanks for reply.

Andy

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have seen it for sale at Circle K. I haven't seen it in Lovina. I am curious however where or what is the Lovina beach brewery? I also thought it might be made by same people who make Storm.

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
I did find the Stark beer at my local Circle K thanks for the advice.
It was under the section "new products" and expensive Rp 26.000 for a small bottle the curious thing was that i did drink the same beer in a restaurant last night for Rp 16.000.
Best regards.

Andy

Bona - Stark Beer

Feb 19, 2012
Hi every body,

Sorry for the late reply. STARK beer is different than Storm beer.
STARK beer produce Wheat beer (such as Erdinger, Hoegaarden, etc) with 2 variant, which are: Wheat and Dark Wheat. Storm beer produce Ale beer (English Ale style).
Both brewery are in singaraja, north of Bali.
STARK beer are available at circle k, pepito, etc and also available at some restaurant & bar such as: Hu'u
Bar, Cocoon, etc. STARK beer is a craft beer produce in Bali with high quality imported malt, that is why the price is above other mass produced local beer.
If you need more information about STARK Beer, you can contact me.

Regards,
Bona Budhisurya
President Director
STARK Beer

signs65a

Mar 31, 2012
The STORM beer smells like perfume. It really is a horrible drop. I can only hope STARK is better

I drank both recently. I really like stouts. I would class the Stark Dark as a stout. As far as remember the Bali Deli (in Seminyak) sells this. If anyone hasn't visited this place it is great. Really well stocked, and prices are reasonable. You can also eat there for breakfast lunch or dinner. We went for both dinner and breakfast. Very nice food and great service. Low prices and if you want, you can choose from the bakery for stuff not on the menu. I'd give this place 4 stars.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Since my post in February I have also tried the Stark beer. It is obviously made by someone who was involved with Storm. It is also a horrible drop.
I was in a hotel operated by a friend. The special of the day was buy 2 Stark beers for 80,000 and get the third free. I did not make it to the second or third bottle. In fact I did not make it to half way through the first bottle.
There were 8 males sitting at the table with me, they all laughed and all gave the same opinion of the beer. It was a unanimous thumbs down.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
It was a unanimous thumbs down.

I tried the blonde, I see it the same way as no.idea, too expensive & just not delicious or even refreshing....
I like the effort though, can't just somebody on Bali try to brew a cheap simple beer like Bintang? I would support the local :icon_exclaim:

Last edited:

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Does anybody know what sort of costs are involved in getting a license to produce and sell alcohol? I make "beer" at home although some might class it as more of a hooch but I've never had complaints about the taste. The ingredients that I use to make it are cheap so if I could get a license I could sell it for much lower than some other beers out there. Would be a fun project to get going for sure.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Does anybody know what sort of costs are involved in getting a license to produce and sell alcohol? I make "beer" at home although some might class it as more of a hooch but I've never had complaints about the taste. The ingredients that I use to make it are cheap so if I could get a license I could sell it for much lower than some other beers out there. Would be a fun project to get going for sure.

I was surprised to hear about 'Stark beer' because when 'Storm' got their license they were told they had the only license in Bali and there would not be any more. Apparently there is a certain amount of licenses in Indonesia and they are not issuing any more. Maybe can brew under someones existing license. But they do have a quota with each license so that seems unlikely. I'm sure you will find it very difficult if not impossible to get a license. Hopefully someone will come up with something more positive, but I honestly doubt it.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I figured that it would be very difficult to obtain a license for, the government being the way it is in terms of alcohol. While arak is sold without a license I don't have the balls to do it with my stuff, a new type of alcoholic beverage in Bali will certainly attract a ton of attention. Ah well, I'll just continue to brew it to drink with friends, it's enough work to produce enough beer just to quench the thirst of my friends never mind a whole island.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Another new one not worth trying is "el diablo" brewed in West Java.

Its in an oversized black/gold can.

Dont bother....me and a friend bought a can and poured it into 2 glasses....niether of us finished our respective glasses.

The beer in Indo in general is shite.

If you really want to experience angels pissing in your mouth.....go to the Czech Republic. They take pride in their product.