spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
At the embassy in KL, you can get in one day direct from the embassy. Go there early in the morning, and pick it up in the afternoon. Make sure you wear long pants and no sandals. If you already have a couple of social visas in your passport, they may only give you 30 days :icon_e_sad:

In Singapore I have used Ismail also. They ask you when your flight leaves, so I think they are used to getting it done in a hurry. Very efficient service.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Take 3 days off, give yourself a little time. I have heard that you will have trouble getting the visa from KL or Singapore in one day. Just allow a little time, both cities are beautifully to visit

Feb 7, 2011
Previously, when I did visa runs to Singapore, I would fly in late night/early morning and call the visa agent at 7:30am. A runner would pick up my passport at 8:30am and return with it around 4:30pm the same day. Sometimes I would stay the night, sometimes return to Bali same day.

Just be sure to check it's not a holiday in either Singapore or Indonesia, or the consulate may be closed. If you call the agent beforehand, he'll let you know.

The agent I used was Ismail. His numbers are:

Mobile +65 6334 5520
Office +65 9636 4854

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

1) If you will please explain how long the social visa lasts. From what I understand, 1 60 day period, then 4 * 30 days. Is this correct?

2) Can I renew the Social Visa in Bali or do I have to travel outside of Bali to renew everyday 30 days?

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Thank you very much for your recommendation.

1) If you will please explain how long the social visa lasts. From what I understand, 1 60 day period, then 4 * 30 days. Is this correct?

2) Can I renew the Social Visa in Bali or do I have to travel outside of Bali to renew everyday 30 days?

1. Yes correct.
2. Yes get the extensions in Bali up to four times. So a total of 180 days before you need to leave to get another visa.

bunny

Feb 8, 2011
My understanding is all you need is a ticket out of Indonesia. So a ticket from Padang in Sumatra to KL usually costs about $25.00 US. Generally from Australia they want proof you have a ticket out of Indonesia (proof) can just be a flight number and a booking reference number hand written on paper is ok. Generally a hard copy ticket is not needed as most people book on-line anyhow, sometimes without access to a printer. I have never been asked to produce a onward ticket by Indonesian Immigration; though who knows, maybe one day it will happen.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2011
Just an update.

Upon entry, I was granted a 30 day VOA without having to have proof of an onward flight. They did not even ask.

I am now applying for a 30 day extension and they require proof of the onward flight.

Does anyone have any recommendations for "agents" in Denpasar that are reasonably priced??

The VOA 30-day extension requires me to visit the immigration office a total of 3 times and 5 business days to process! A bit tedious.

caloundraclan

Nov 25, 2010
At the embassy in KL, you can get in one day direct from the embassy. Go there early in the morning, and pick it up in the afternoon. Make sure you wear long pants and no sandals. If you already have a couple of social visas in your passport, they may only give you 30 days :icon_e_sad:

In Singapore I have used Ismail also. They ask you when your flight leaves, so I think they are used to getting it done in a hurry. Very efficient service.

How many times can you travel in and out of Bali, extending your voa for another thirty days each time, before they refuse the 30 day extension?

caloundraclan

Nov 25, 2010
Previously, when I did visa runs to Singapore, I would fly in late night/early morning and call the visa agent at 7:30am. A runner would pick up my passport at 8:30am and return with it around 4:30pm the same day. Sometimes I would stay the night, sometimes return to Bali same day.

Just be sure to check it's not a holiday in either Singapore or Indonesia, or the consulate may be closed. If you call the agent beforehand, he'll let you know.

The agent I used was Ismail. His numbers are:

Mobile +65 6334 5520
Office +65 9636 4854

My family and I will have to go to Singapore in June to get a social visa. Is it still possible to get this visa processed there in one day or will we need two working days to be safe? What do I need to bring to Ismail in Singapore in order for the visa to be processed and when is it best to call him in order to tee this up?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
It's possible to do this in one day, as long as your flight arrives before 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning and your departing flight leaves after 7:00pm, therefore allowing enough time for your passport to be delivered to you and then to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight.

You will need a sponsor letter for the family (not sure if you need one for each person), a copy of the sponsor's KTP (ID card) and a passport photo of each family member, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in size.

However, it's an extra SGD100.00 (total SGD165.00 per person) for the same-day visa service, so it may work out more economical to book a hotel room for a few days and only pay SGD65.00 per person for the visas. From memory, the normal processing time is 3 days, but you can check with Ismael.

caloundraclan

Nov 25, 2010
It's possible to do this in one day, as long as your flight arrives before 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning and your departing flight leaves after 7:00pm, therefore allowing enough time for your passport to be delivered to you and then to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight.

You will need a sponsor letter for the family (not sure if you need one for each person), a copy of the sponsor's KTP (ID card) and a passport photo of each family member, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in size.

However, it's an extra SGD100.00 (total SGD165.00 per person) for the same-day visa service, so it may work out more economical to book a hotel room for a few days and only pay SGD65.00 per person for the visas. From memory, the normal processing time is 3 days, but you can check with Ismael.

Will do. Thank you for the info and advice.