kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hi all
I have been looking through the threads and most of the posts seem to be about social visas. I came across some info on renewing the 30 day tourist visa but it was from early 2010 so not sure if it is still accurate. From what I gather, I can renew at the immigration office near the airport or in Denpasar for 250,000 rupiah.Is this accurate...do I need to apply within a certain time before the original visa expires? I read it could take several days to get it, is that usually the case? I am definitely leaving after this point but I am not exactly sure where I am going yet. Is proof of leaving the country one of those technical requirements they never really ask for or is it something I need to provide. Thanks!

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Start the process 7 days before your VOA expires, you fill out the form & pay, then you need to go back & pick up your passport with the new stamp. A return ticket is sometime asked when you are leaving your home country, Immigration here will not usually ask to see a ticket, but may ask when you are leaving.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Start the process 7 days before your VOA expires, you fill out the form & pay, then you need to go back & pick up your passport with the new stamp. A return ticket is sometime asked when you are leaving your home country, Immigration here will not usually ask to see a ticket, but may ask when you are leaving.

My experience is (1) fill out the form (2) go back a few days later and pay (3) go back a few days later after paying and pick up the passport and visa.

I was also required to provide a photocopy of my return ticket details (online booking itinerary). The form also requests a lot of other details which I left blank (e.g. employment details, mother's place of birth, inside leg measurement etc. etc. etc.)

That is why I am getting a 60 day visa from my local consulate before leaving this year. No VOA queue and no visits to the immigration office).

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
A friend of mine applied for VOA extension a few months ago. The process was similar to SamD except:

(1) fill out the form, (2) go back a few days later, only to be told the extension was still processing, (3) return a few days later to pay, (4) return for the 4th time to pick up passport and visa. What a headache. :icon_rolleyes:

alphonso

May 26, 2011
I've had VOA extensions. The process is:

1) send an sms
2) the agent comes around to collect the passport
3) 4-5 days later the agent comes back with passport including new VOA extension stamp
4) pay agent the money
5) bid the agent farewell

Costs roughly double. No forms/stress/waiting/drama/traffic.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia

1) send an sms
3) 4-5 days later the agent comes back with passport including new VOA extension stamp
4) pay agent the money

And who said Immigration in Bali was difficult:icon_mrgreen:

kayoticlaudia

Mar 10, 2011
Indonesia & Germany

1) send an sms
4) pay agent the money

Double... not really if you add the time you save multiplied by what you could be doing instead, then add the expenses for travel, water needed whilst waiting..... Might even be less....!

alphonso

May 26, 2011
Double... not really if you add the time you save multiplied by what you could be doing instead, then add the expenses for travel, water needed whilst waiting..... Might even be less....!

That is very true. Doing it yourself, to have to go into Denpasar 3 or 4 times for the one extension and wait around or fill in forms or whatever is a big hassle. And then add in the travel expenses, it all adds up. I'd rather be doing something else with my time for sure.

ozbuckley

Aug 24, 2011
realconstipationremedies.com
Im in Southern Thailand and was planning to head up to Bangkok to get the 60 day visa... but with all the floods I might as well just get the VOA extended for another 30 days while Im in Bali than risk going up to 'bangers' and drowning ;o)

Im glad I saw this thread!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Went to the immigrazi for the first time in all the years I've been coming here on Friday to renew my VOA always used an agent before but for some reason I was feeling all righteous and good.

First lady tells me that they close at 12 - time was 11:55

Next lady tells me I need photo copy of passport and of my return ticket (don't have one!)

Then lady tells me I will overstay my visa if I don't do this all in the next 2 minutes (time 11:58)

I pointed out that I should have used an agent.

Kind lady asks if I want to use an agent? Price is 600k

No prizes for guessing who the agent is....:icon_wink:

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
@Markit

Being "righteous and good" doesn't always work.
...my return ticket (don't have one!)
You could have carefully doctored an old one in Photoshop.

Few people in their right mind would go to a government office here on a Friday - especially five minutes before closing time.

Seems like they may have you by the short and curlys now. I bet your "agent" is unimpressed with you, too.

What next? Did you pay the Rp 600,000 or spending some unplanned nights near the airport?

Maybe if you were nicer to the "kind lady", you could have arranged to deal with the matter at her home, later that day. Armed with a few cakes, or other goodies.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
@Markit

Being "righteous and good" doesn't always work.

You could have carefully doctored an old one in Photoshop.

Few people in their right mind would go to a government office here on a Friday - especially five minutes before closing time.

Seems like they may have you by the short and curlys now. I bet your "agent" is unimpressed with you, too.

What next? Did you pay the Rp 600,000 or spending some unplanned nights near the airport?

Maybe if you were nicer to the "kind lady", you could have arranged to deal with the matter at her home, later that day. Armed with a few cakes, or other goodies.

Very true, I've found that "righteous and good" never works - or maybe you have to be those things for a while first?

Trying to not be too obvious I see that my main drift has .... drifted. The "agent" was the immigrazi officer herself. Short and curlies are now all gone, by the roots.

Altogether I found the time at the Immagrazzi quite interesting. It actually seems that there are more Immagrazzi officers out in the carpark looking at passports than inside the building. Wonder why...? (sarcasm alert!)

Thought it might make an interesting addition to Youtube for a hidden camera action some afternoon when I'm feeling particularly indestructible.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Altogether I found the time at the Immagrazzi quite interesting.
Well, it was your first time, right?
It actually seems that there are more Immagrazzi officers out in the carpark looking at passports than inside the building. Wonder why...?
Not been my experience and I've been there lots of times. You sure they were looking at passports, and not car/motorbike ownership papers, or something similar?

Whilst Immigration officials have a bad reputation in this country and are not renowned for their overall intelligence, they are not that stupid to conduct funny business in the car park. (They don't have to - most have their own offices or shared offices).
You might be confusing that with the main police station.
Thought it might make an interesting addition to Youtube for a hidden camera action some afternoon when I'm feeling particularly indestructible.
Why some afternoon? Action is during office hours (forgotten already?).

Oh - I get it - you'll secretly film officials supposedly working, playing Solitaire and watching Sinetron. Maybe capture someone practising their lip-synching skills to a Bollywood song.

"Indestructible" is a relative term. Good luck!

So - How much did you pay in the end?

:ghost:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Um to my shame ... 600k :icon_e_sad:

I went back to pick up my docs at the appointed hour of 1-2 and saw in the time I was waiting sitting quietly on the step 3 different officials viewing (discretely) various Indo passports in the car park...? Noted: Indo passports!

Thanks for that Gil. In the mean time I've found another service coupled with your Singaraja Imagrazzi where my passport will be picked up in Amlapura and taken north and delivered back to me a couple of days later - not sure yet of the price but it can't be anything like a trip to DumpassR and 600k.

Can it?

ivari732

Nov 20, 2011
It took me about 20min to fill in the forms, get the photocopy and submit the application. Not as hard and time consuming as I had expected. IMO not worth using agent. They asked to see the return ticket though, just a copy of the air asia confirmation will do.