davita

Mar 13, 2012
Cause you'd be out of business within 6 months and would have achieved a stunning record by TripAdvisor for having gotten the worst reviews in the history of the hotel trade. People will put up with almost anything for a cheap, quick flight - not so with a vacation on Bali.

Thanks for the advice markit.....I'll be sure to pass it along to Tony Fernandez, the Group CEO of the Tune Hotels and Air Asia....I'm sure he doesn't comprehend this whilst he's expanding his hotel chain to about 200 world-wide.

btw if you don't mind a bit of advice....relax and have fun when you holiday in Ubud...try a comedy club or purchase some funny DVD's.
Living near Amlapura sounds like it sucks the life out of having a sense of humor!:biggrin:

bakung

May 4, 2011
I wish all people understand that idiocracy.

we just had people in another villa complain because we had no airconditioning in our loungeroom which had huge folding doors opening out onto a lush garden, with twin cieling fans on the roof (not the cheap cieling fans either).

then they bring over 3000w hair dryers and knock out your power coz they have every aircon in every room cranked up 24/7, doors open whilst doing the hair drying.

best we can do is inform people of the water problem and encourage them to hang their towels back on the towel rack - as a sign they dont need changing.

towels left on the floor or in the basket get changed. thats also what most hotels do. daily towel changes unless re-hung by the guest.

and yes, we have installed rain gutters and catch the rain water and are filtering it and using this also.

Ferdi, We are using a gas dryer. Only the tumble motor and exhaust will use listrik. No time to go to JKT. And im banned from Blok M anyway.

For Hinakos, don't worry you are not missing much in the blok except the crazy prices ?, can you tell me where you got and how much for the gas dryer as i might get one. thanks in advance.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
No not trying to go into the laundry business Ferie, was just going to try and do all my own laundry for the new villa's we are building. Still am as i dont believe that its only going to cost me as little as people say it does to outsource all of our laundry.

We have created a space on the second floor of our car park building around 3.5M x 3.5M for the washers/dryer/tubs/storage area. Will be the pembantu's HQ.

And yes, just outside that room, and also on the second floor of that car parking building, we already have an area for drying the clothes under a protected polycarbonate roof. It has plenty of ventilation too.

Adding all that building on top of the car park is what cost the 8K.

So its not only laundry, its also somewhere for storage of everything, pembantus area, and has a shower and toilet for them too.

I just dont see the point of outsourcing everything when labour is something you already have paid for. And we had the space, we just had to be creative about it and design it properly, which we have.

I'll try to get back with cost comparison figures once i've had a chance to operate both ways, outsourcing and also doing it all in house.

bakung

May 4, 2011
That notion did not last long ?, just had a discussion with the staff about getting a gas dryer and was left in no doubt that if i do get one i will also have to get another 25 staff to go with it as they all point blank refuse to be near one and when i asked why they pointed 50 metres up the road where a laundry stood until six weeks ago when the dryer blew up? seems to be a common fault with them ?. I thought they had demolished it to make space but now i know why it disappeared overnight.
so have to stick with winpower.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Have any of you guys factored in how many washes before you have to replace sheets, pillow cases and white towels? To get the fastest, whitest, cleanest, (and cheapest for the laundry) sheets the professional laundries use chlorine bleach, which eats up fabric as fast as Markit eats up cheese. Insist they use oxygen based bleaches (peroxide), it will be more expensive per wash, but your white sheets and towels will last a lot2 longer. There are lots of other tricks of the trade used which i am sure Ferdie is aware of. Hinakos, if there is some way you can channel the hot air from the AC exhausts you can use that to dry your laundry.

:topsy_turvy:

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Thx for the heads up on the short cuts they use Joji, more back-up for my cause.

As for the dryers burning down (not exploding), this is entirely believable.

They require regualr maintenance to clean lint and fluff etc. Also, there are 2 kinds of dryers (gas) one can buy.

One thats meant for the job ($$$), or a retro fit. Meaning any electic one with the electric heating element removed and replaced by a gas heated pipework.

Ill bet you my last left testicle that the dryer that burnt down could be put down to one of these 2 factors.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Smoke I rang Mira yesterday. They came promptly, but don't deliver. The docket says Mira 2 and shows address as Pasar Sindhu. Do they have 2 branches?

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
never looked at the address on the reciept .I use the one on Jalan Tukad Bilok gg.. Maybe they have 2 places

Next time there I will ask them about it ..