hahahaha i find it all so amusing... the little pizza man is sooo serious i don't think he has any scence of humour.....Go fast yyaaahhhh.... please don't start selling that rubbish here.

hahahaha i find it all so amusing... the little pizza man is sooo serious i don't think he has any scence of humour.....Go fast yyaaahhhh.... please don't start selling that rubbish here.

We've started new businesses in the past and a friend is in the process of doing so now in Bali. I understand why the pizza man is serious. Usually a lot of money, effort, emotion, time, and energy go into starting a business even if it is a second outlet as I believe it is for the pizza man. Hopefully his business will grow and prosper. I applaud that he is doing all he knows to do to make that happen.

Why are you disparaging his business name?

We've started new businesses in the past and a friend is in the process of doing so now in Bali. I understand why the pizza man is serious. Usually a lot of money, effort, emotion, time, and energy go into starting a business even if it is a second outlet as I believe it is for the pizza man. Hopefully his business will grow and prosper. I applaud that he is doing all he knows to do to make that happen.

Why are you disparaging his business name?

I agree good on him for coming and promoting his buisness . . The only thing i didnt like is how he came on and said it was actually voted best chicken in bali but then wouldnt show any details of the poll conducted, which leads me to believe that he was lying about that . To me that is misleading and "false advertisment" .
But apart from that I like his enthusiasm and wish him all the best. When i get around to it I will try his stuff and see for myself i guess.

Last edited:
you are right Pollyanna. I see his shop opposite Bali Buddha, and it is very clean and looks to be well organised, well thought out and very clean. I, too, join you in wishing him all the best as he 'grows' his business around Bali. It isn't easy and very stressful ... so, of course he is serious!

sorry i didn't mean to disrespect his business just found the comments from others amusing.....I do have a weird scence of humour......

it's a fricking franchise chain...
i.e. doesn't take a whole lot of money and/or effort to start..

I do wish him the best, but like hanzrobby said...claiming to be the best (like some banner ads too) without any proof is just stupid imho.

it's a fricking franchise chain...
i.e. doesn't take a whole lot of money and/or effort to start..

I do wish him the best, but like hanzrobby said...claiming to be the best (like some banner ads too) without any proof is just stupid imho.

Ah Gilbert, I can't remember disagreeing with you before and I sure have learned a lot from you about living in Bali but I do believe that starting a new business, even if it is only the purchase of a franchise takes a lot of money, time and emotional energy except for those who are already hugely successful from other ventures. I don't know anything about this guy so this isn't a personal defense of him or his business.

Yes, he shouldn't have claimed to be the best without supporting evidence but he may not have realized that. And it wasn't that claim that the op made fun of. It was the business name.

My only connection to Go Fast is that I dropped in there one afternoon for a cooked chicken when I had no idea what to fix for dinner. The chicken was good and I'm glad to have a source for chicken that isn't going to take me a few hours to go from raw bird to the table, especially since I don't eat chicken.

start up money, weekly costs, overseeing, admin - if he is serious about this, he is working his butt off and has to remain focussed. Claiming to have best chicken? plenty of businesses claim they are the best - same old, same old.

However, I was disappointed. The potatoes are not at all to my taste or to anyone else in our house. The chicken was dry which was really disappointing - we had the French chicken. Maybe an off day? Based on our experience, they need to lift their game because there is plenty of competition around.

Hi pollyanna, yeah we often see and think about things the same way :)
do you know that the beautiful thing of an un-established franchise name like "Go fast" (not like McDonald or KFC) the price is not that much to become a franchise..
back-office help i.e. advertising,prints, menu's, pricing, location of store/resto, interior, sourcing chicken and such, staff-training, etcetc..is all done/organised by back-office management (headquarters). a Personal business-plan is therefor absolete (no headaches), but also no personal input.

Like I said I wish him all the best, like I wish almost all people who start a some sort of business..creating employement and such.
I'll stick with my ayam kampung since he doesn't deliver here ;)

Hi pollyanna, yeah we often see and think about things the same way :)
do you know that the beautiful thing of an un-established franchise name like "Go fast" (not like McDonald or KFC) the price is not that much to become a franchise..
back-office help i.e. advertising,prints, menu's, pricing, location of store/resto, interior, sourcing chicken and such, staff-training, etcetc..is all done/organised by back-office management (headquarters). a Personal business-plan is therefor absolete (no headaches), but also no personal input.

Like I said I wish him all the best, like I wish almost all people who start a some sort of business..creating employement and such.
I'll stick with my ayam kampung since he doesn't deliver here ;)

:icon_smile: Yeah, I don't think he would deliver to me either even though I'm not as far away as you are. To have pizza delivered with all the effort of a phone call sounds like luxury to me.

Okay Pollyanna, I will slip up your way this week with a pizza. I realise I no longer look that good in a leather mini skirt and fish net stockings but the boss said we have to wear them when doing house calls. ( hang on! maybe I am getting confused with my previous vocation).
Hopefully we will see you at the get together at the Ducks Nutz in Sanur on the 13th of August. I had a chat to the management and have negotiated a bar tab of 1,000,000 rupiah. With a bit of extortion and black mail this may even get increased.

No worries, this is just my humor. I have a first hand understanding and personal interpretation of the French having served with some pretty dubious non French buddies in an organization created to defend France derived from many nationalities, the least represented being France. And no I'm not an Aussie.

Cheers.
Maybe something closer to Assie?

Okay Pollyanna, I will slip up your way this week with a pizza. I realise I no longer look that good in a leather mini skirt and fish net stockings but the boss said we have to wear them when doing house calls. ( hang on! maybe I am getting confused with my previous vocation).
Hopefully we will see you at the get together at the Ducks Nutz in Sanur on the 13th of August. I had a chat to the management and have negotiated a bar tab of 1,000,000 rupiah. With a bit of extortion and black mail this may even get increased.

No.idea, we'd love to see you up this way, pizza or not, but only if you leave the mini skirt and fish net stockings at home. I've seen you in pants and that's fine but I DO NOT want to see you in your mini skirt.

The management of the Ducks Nutz is being very generous. I hope those voices in his head aren't causing him too many problems.

No.idea, we'd love to see you up this way, pizza or not, but only if you leave the mini skirt and fish net stockings at home. I've seen you in pants and that's fine but I DO NOT want to see you in your mini skirt.

The management of the Ducks Nutz is being very generous. I hope those voices in his head aren't causing him too many problems.
The manager at the Ducks would be more worried about how his football team is going to win a game any time soon

The manager at the Ducks would be more worried about how his football team is going to win a game any time soon
The manager of the Nutz has been sent back to his country of origin. Sadly he did not realise that running a restaurant and hotel actually also included being friendly to customers.

The manager of the Nutz has been sent back to his country of origin. Sadly he did not realise that running a restaurant and hotel actually also included being friendly to customers.

Huh? Some details? I really don't believe you've been "sent back to your country of origin?

Back