spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to buy wash basins, baths etc. I have been to Mitra 10, but I was wondering if there are other places worth checking out that are better or cheaper.

rexdu

Jul 5, 2010
Berawa, Canngu, from Australia
try this place

Spicy,
You could try

PT. DHARMAMAS BALI PUTERA (Galleria Bali)
Jl. Teuku Umar No. 222 A
Denpasar 80114
Ph. (62 361) 243 248 / 238 408

They have several floors of bathroom supplies from Chinese and locally made through to European quality (Grohe supplier). Well worth a look and they often have good sales. Staff are helpful too.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Mitra 10 is more expensive than most places. We brought all of our stuff from my wifes cousins shop in Cunggu, his place is quite popular with both the local and foreign builders in the area. When ever I was in there there seemed to be a line of people waiting to be served. They how ever don't carry a lot of stock as far as baths and wash basins are concerned, if you know the make and model though they will be able to order it in for you and have it delivered anywhere on the island. I'll get you his phone number when my wife decides to pick up her phone. His wife (good english) should be able to get you a quote over the phone.

Also if you're buying Toto the prices should be the same everywhere.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks for the replies. It's a big help.

I love this on the Galleria website:

Bathroom is not built merely for sanitary purposes. Rather, it can also be a place where you relieve all the stress you’ve acquired from a hard day’s work. Research has shown that aside from the bedroom, people spend the most time in their house in the bathroom. In fact, some people are known to find their best inspirations in the bathroom.

http://www.galleria.co.id

Populaire

Jun 22, 2011
Bali
www.populaire.com
Hi SpicyAyam,

Surya Pertiwi is one of Indonesia's largest distributors for sanitary ware if not the largest.

They have a great online catalogue at Surya Pertiwi (.co.id).

They have an agent in Denpasar.

PT. ADIKA JAYA DEWATA
Jl. Teuku Umar No. 200
Denpasar

(0361) 264410

Make sure you tell them you want contractor pricing - there's a significant difference between such and retail.

All the best..

Populaire

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
There is also the big builders suppliers (like Mitral 10) in Gianyar - sry can't think of the name but it's on the main road from Ubud to the east.

In all of them you should go for (or if you have the time, wait for) special offers - they are usually %50 cheaper. Quality isn't the same though, some of the toilets break if you look at them hard - maybe that's the sourse of the "daily inspiration" what to do with the 2 cm mess all over the floor after the toilet bowl shatters after the big job of the day - open the door and it spreads or clean it up with hands.....:eek:

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
I like you helpfull and informative posts ....

Hi SpicyAyam,

Surya Pertiwi is one of Indonesia's largest distributors for sanitary ware if not the largest.

They have a great online catalogue at Surya Pertiwi (.co.id).

They have an agent in Denpasar.

PT. ADIKA JAYA DEWATA
Jl. Teuku Umar No. 200
Denpasar

(0361) 264410

Make sure you tell them you want contractor pricing - there's a significant difference between such and retail.

All the best..

Populaire

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You don't know by chance what price he paid?

What he said! These guys are good - ask for one of the Chinese brothers that run the place and tell em Mr. Mark sent you (or Smoke's mate). To ask for price is silly - there are 30 million different types of shitter - you want one that lasts, get American Standard (1.4 juta each) - bullshit name but the quality is good.

Any others are made so bad a good fart will shatters them.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
I just bought 8 small (420mm x 280mm x 150mm) cute oddly 'different' oval bathroom sinks in Singapore at S$80 (about Rp748,976) each from Sim SIang Choon 21 Changi South Ave, Singapore (near the airport) .... also push-on automatic off taps & a whole bunch of other stuff.

Now the problem is getting them to Indonesia... so if anyone has any suggetions on how to get them in at 'reasonable' customs duty, I'd appreciate the suggestion

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Shog ur fucked. You could get some refugees to carry them across but they'd probably end up at the bottom or in Queensland.

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
What he said! These guys are good - ask for one of the Chinese brothers that run the place and tell em Mr. Mark sent you (or Smoke's mate). To ask for price is silly - there are 30 million different types of shitter - you want one that lasts, get American Standard (1.4 juta each) - bullshit name but the quality is good.

Any others are made so bad a good fart will shatters them.

The wife rung and they told her the 1.4 Juta ones were american standard made in China.
She was told to get american standard made in Indo the price is 1.65 juta.

Indo, american, china...
Sheesh, am i confused or what.

Anyway, she has told the manager and our tukang to go down there and talk personally so we will see.

Cheers
Ken

Kennetha Kost - Home

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
The wife rung and they told her the 1.4 Juta ones were american standard made in China.
She was told to get american standard made in Indo the price is 1.65 juta.

The difference is $22 a shitter. Over 10 thrones that is $220. Just buy the bloody things and install them. Is every one on this site on the bones of their arse? My Indonesian wife left school at the age of 10 due to her father's death. She had to look after her 6 younger siblings while her mother went to cook in a nearby village.
Under my guidance she earns 5 times that every week. Bloody hell I bought 16 light shades at $25 each today. They are already installed. It is all too easy. Just do it, stop procrastinating.

Nov 29, 2011
bali
We have done the rounds and have always come back to 2 or 3 places. Depo Bagus in Gianyer, the boss is Andry and always gives us a discount but not the greatest for sinks but ok for toilets. (also a great place for plain coloured cement tiles, miles cheaper than anywhere else). Cancana, the big bathroom place which is on Sunset Road. For us, they looked a bit 'fly' in the first instance, but overall their prices are pretty good for santiaryware and taps and we have found no one else that can match their prices for these things. Their ranges are the best and widest on the shop floor. Depo Bangunan is just ok. Tried all the places mentioned and many many more but it always comes back to Depo Bagus and Cancana after shopping around.

We have Toto which are really expensive and we have Chinese. Sometimes you are just paying for the name of Toto.

Also have a good supplier for terrazo baths etc.

Hope this helps and if you need contact no.s etc, justs let me know.

Last edited: