hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
Suggestion for your buyssiness

am asking here what business more effective to start now in Bali.

What about a catering and convenience service for foreigners in Kerobokan Jail?
There surely is a huge demand for that.
Dont forget my commission!

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
1. I want my investment get back in 3 years.
2. No. Just me and my business partner.
3. I do not know exactly now. That's why I'm trying to discuss it here. Also we're not sure in district. Seminyak or Canggu..?
Or maybe north of Bali or Candidasa... We've been everywhere in Bali, even in Gilimanyuk :)
We're thinking of cafe with it's own character.
And of course about guest house, it is never enough in Bali. But guest house also with our own way.
4. We are the owners of SPA-hotel in the USA for 6 years. We have an MBA in Hospitality Management.
5. Mostly we will stay in Bali, cause frankly it is the main idea :) Sure we have to be back in the USA sometimes for some weeks but we can do it in turn, so business never be without supervision.
6. We've been in Bali for 5 times. Last time it was in May-August of this year.

Is your business partner Indonesian?????
Guest house or cafe I think you need a Indonesian partner.
Both of these business will make money, but if you want your investment back in 3 years, you need to stick to the southern tourist spots.
You need to look at the local market in Bali, because what you like in America may not be what they want here.
If you look at Matty's thread for a business, he wanted to throw 500,000 at he's project. With a Indonesian business partner you can do very well, with a small shop selling .......... to tourist:icon_mrgreen:.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Thank you very much for your care. I'll fix it by myself if I need it :)
It wasn't my question.

Regarding living in Bali I have been living in Bali for 15 months in 2009-2010 with short comebacks to the US and trips to others asian cities
and countries. :)

So, if you haven't any useful information for me please do not trouble yourself writing me big sheets of totally useless words.

thank you :)
Good luck to you and your work )

[jealous? :)/QUOTE]

you want useful information...here is some for you
GET AN ATTITUDE CORRECTION !

Otherwise just come here, bring your small change USD 150K, and burn through it within 15 months...because that is your future when doing business here with the attitude you've got now.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Wow Gil! Invasion of the body snatchers been down your way lately?

Or have they run out of that horrible brew you drink? shudder What was that stuff in the tupperware container that ur missus loved so much?

Coming east sometime soon?

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hahaha...nah, just getting fed-up up with people who ask for help on this forum, when they clearly think they already know everything about running a business on Bali.

ooo...that was long-island tea, equal parts of gin and rum and doubledown on the tequila and vodka, splashed with tehbotol and ice.
going south before going east..dropping off mom in sanur on saturday, but I go back north the same day...
you're back from the gilli's?

Nelon

Mar 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your care. I'll fix it by myself if I need it :)
It wasn't my question.

Regarding living in Bali I have been living in Bali for 15 months in 2009-2010 with short comebacks to the US and trips to others asian cities
and countries. :)

So, if you haven't any useful information for me please do not trouble yourself writing me big sheets of totally useless words.

thank you :)
Good luck to you and your work )

Hi peut_etre_moi,

Just email me and sit down together to discuss if you have not find anything and wanna do the biz with me in Bali.
We'll see what is needed in the market. Who knows you and me could find something new.

Kind regards,
Nelon

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
gilbert de jong;66557t..dropping off mom in sanur on saturday said:
:icon_evil:I would not be all that confident about the heading back home on the same day. Odd things happen in the deep south of Sanur.:icon_evil:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think that's sweet. Gil's got his old mum a little job on Saturday nights in Sanur. He delivers her and all - now that's a good boy.

Wonder what the job is there Gil? hmmm Saturday night in Sanur hmmmm I got it she's a DJ right?

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
:icon_evil:I would not be all that confident about the heading back home on the same day. Odd things happen in the deep south of Sanur.:icon_evil:

hahaha...unfortunately I have no choice..after dropping mom off, need to meet with the owner of grahadi and boshe :icon_mrgreen: and after that bring a
new arrived girl to Lovina.

@markit...yeah, wanna introduce mom slowly to the beats of the south :highly_amused:
nah, she's gonna spend a couple of nights there, meeting a friend from NL who fly's in on saturday.

kalsum

Oct 12, 2011
i have suggest for you,
how if you build a villa n than you sale.....
i am ready help you to do that

sensibilita

Sep 6, 2011
Bali, Europe, and Melbourne
French hauteur ....

who's this arrogant French p...k? Does this guy have no manners?? Let him discover himself that well-meant advice came to him for free,
but of course, being a Frenchman, he knew better ... don't waste your breath on him! Best he stay where he is .... let's keep Bali beautiful!

Celine Chauveau

Jan 10, 2012
The pros and cons in investing in a traditional lambo?

What are the pros and cons in investing in a traditional lambo, to be used to take tourists in cruises around Bali?

Celine

Celine Chauveau

Jan 10, 2012
sorry, a lambo is a traditional boat from the Sulawesi, they used to transport merchandises and now some of them have been transformed in order be able to transport passengers (tourists that is).

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
the two happiest days of a boat owners life are the day they buy a boat and the day they sell it

oakbamboo

Jan 12, 2012
this is an interesting topic of which i actually have similar question with peut.. but boy did the reply messages from the group open my eyes.. surely don't wanna burn my money away.. still searching for the right business to do in bali.. :icon_wink: