Hello,

what dish/technic is necessary to view the em-football in june? I see the huge metal-dishes and I see small dishes - which one is needed?

Bernd

Hi ... this is a bit off topic ...

... but does anyone know if any of the cable/satellite operators will be showing the London Olympics this year?

Michael

Hello,

maybe I can ask another question? Does anyone know, which provider offers german football live?

Bernd

so to watch any tv you need a buy a satalite dish and pay for programs you watch or is a monthly/yearly fee to watch anything?? If we are not here that often should we just resort to watching dodgy movies....
suggestions... would want to have english speaking programs...

so to watch any tv you need a buy a satalite dish and pay for programs you watch or is a monthly/yearly fee to watch anything?? If we are not here that often should we just resort to watching dodgy movies....
suggestions... would want to have english speaking programs...

No, you don’t have to buy a satellite dish to watch any tv. There are approximately 12 free-to-air stations on our tv. Just like in your own country the free-to-air stations are in the native language so they are not in English. If you want English tv you will have to subscribe to a satellite/cable service. You don’t pay for the programs you watch. You subscribe to the service. I don’t know about other countries but the satellite service here works like it does in Australia. It is just much cheaper. You can google Indovision or Telkomvision, among others, to see the channels they offer and the cost of the service.

yeh to watch Englisch programms you need to have a different sattelite dish, I got two for sale , one wish had 200+ channels incl 26 englisch channels there is a subscribtion needed if you wonna watch movie/sport.
An they other satelite dish is a Australian one with 12 channels.clear vision,check my post thread :For Sale Satelite Tv antenne.

The one satelite Antenna with 200+ channels is a subscribtion from Rp 300.000 per mnd, an you received all sport footbal EK,Auto sport, Tennis,Motorsport
An I believe that you can get Eurosport with this subscribtion.We Subcribed per mnd an we get most of the sport an movies out.
The Foxtel one is a Australian one is on basic if there,s Rugby League season they will send this out.But on this one you can,t receive Football.
Those two Satelites they coming from one company,But they are two different Satelite with different programmes.
That you can received.

I live in Kerobokan and get Telkom Cable and we pre-paid for 1 year.
I just noticed today that they have dumped Aljazeera news from the line-up and replaced with some garbage program about religion...am I the only one or has it happened to others...and...is there anything we can do about it?

Thanks Ronb.....The good news is Aljazeera is back today....seems like it may have been out for just a couple of days...maybe something to do with holidays....I don't know but glad its back.

Australia network must be "up there" with the crappiest tv station of all time ...,
I was looking forward to watching some aussie stuff , but now that Ive had indo vision now for a month, im appalled and almost embarrased to be an Aussie, by the representation of crap they put on that channel . Does anyone else feel the same ?

No, I am happy with it. The news is repetitive - so don't watch it too much. The other programs come from various Aussie channels (and sometimes NZ) so you get things like My Kitchen Rules from Channel 7 - light but OK. When we are not in summer season, my weekly high spots are Sunday mornings with Insiders etc., and Monday evenings with Q&A. But then I don't watch TV all that much - spend quite some time with downloaded movies.

Does anyone have a better TV provider in South Bali than the Telkom outfit. I have had it with their cable and from this forum understand the satellite isn't much better, My cable has been on/off all last week and now the picture is bad on all 3 of my TV's and they don't even respond to help.
My driver says the owner of his Kos just bought a parabola and receiver...has anyone heard of this? He will take me to the person selling so I might have more info tomorrow but meanwhile trying to research .
Also, my B ni L in Jakarta says he has something similar...it consists of 2 antennas on his roof and 2 receivers for his 2 TV set-up. He says it cost him 3.5M but no monthly fees and he gets 300 channels. Anyone know if this is available in Bali?

If Telkomvision or Indovision are going off and on - you have a problem that should be fixable. Most customers are getting reliable service that just keeps going.

The service from a parabola plus receiver is different - it is accessing free channels and gets Indonesian free-to-air and many news channels from other countries in many languages. But you don't get general entertainment (like StarWorld) or movie channels on a free basis. these bigger parabolas come in 2 types
1) fixed position - many locals used a fixed parabola receiving off 2 satellites (a double receiving head) which gets almost everything Indonesian
2) movable - there is a motorised setup to change the tilt. The receiver controls this, so if you request NHK (Japanese news) which is on a satellite to the east, it moves in that direction, while if you go for Indian or Middle Eastern or European channels it will tilt west. Changing from one direction to another can take 15-30 sec to get there.

Surfing with these movable parabalos can be fun - for example you can get Voice of America which has quite a bit of programming from the C-Span cable channel in the US. I can become addicted to that one.

But, in general, Indovision and Telkomvision have the channels that your family probably wants, and they may be pissed off if you spend the money on a movable parabola.

Bumping this thread a bit to see if anyone has a different parabola service to Indovision or Telkomvision.

My neighbor brought a parabola from Jakarta and fitted to his roof...I heard they get good TV and I think it may be like the others I mentioned in post 37. He's gone back to Jakarta so I cannot enquire.

I'm thinking it is a pirated system as there is only one payment for equipment and installation and no monthly subscription. This week I'll go to the store that my driver says sells the equipment (parabolas and decoders) and does the installation, but I'm asking if anyone else has this system......so I'm prepared.

Back