bevan

Are real estate agents in bali (lj hooker) etc. worth checking out for a rental property or is it best to just go private. such as the notice boards in the supermarkets ( I have heard it mentioned before on this site) We are looking for a villa in july,

around 30-40 j for 1 year if anyone has some good info
need to access ubud and denpasar

Cheers
Bevan

I wouldn't even bother with LJ hooker, very unprofessional... I like Bali Indo property, they worked very hard looking for property for us!

But I think private would be worth a look first, cut out the middle man :)

I doubt if it's possible to rent a "villa" for 30 to 40 million a year in the south of Bali or in Ubud. You may get a small house in Kerobokan / Canggu with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, small garden but no pool. With a pool, you'll probably be looking at somewhere between 65 to 70 million and upwards.

You might have a chance in Sanur, but I've heard the prices have skyrocketed there as well.

I would be looking at everything you have time to see, whether it's with an agent or not. Just because a property is listed with an agent, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will pay more.

I am sure just by posting your requirements here you will get some people contacting you.

A renters market.

I would seriously look on the 'other side' of the bypass in Sanur. Soooo much construction ion the past couple of years has many a villa standing empty. Whilst they may be offered at 70, 80 or 90jt a year the majority of the owners, private owners, just want to get revenue from their investment. Offer them your price, I think you'd be surprised with what you could end up with.

Cheers,
Cam.

If you have no preference on where to stay then go private. But I doubt you will get anything with 30-40jt/year. My friend pay 90jt/year with 20 years contract in kerobokan. The villa is less than 200m2 with 2 bedrooms, a pool, a kitchen, and a car garage but not furnished. So for you to rent just a year it is impossible to get around 40jt.
Maybe if you can find a one bedroom with no pool in kerobokan you can get around 70jt/year but don't quote me on that.

I doubt if it's possible to rent a "villa" for 30 to 40 million a year in the south of Bali or in Ubud. You may get a small house in Kerobokan / Canggu with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, small garden but no pool. With a pool, you'll probably be looking at somewhere between 65 to 70 million and upwards.

You might have a chance in Sanur, but I've heard the prices have skyrocketed there as well.

YES prices have skyrocketed in sanur!!!! we are here at the moment looking. if you want beachside of bypass seems between 150 - 200 j per year!!!!!! :icon_e_sad:

30jt is possible, if you know where to look.

Look around. We live in a two storey, three bedroom house with office and rice field view, almost 1km in one direction. We can see Mt. Agung on a clear morning and have great sunsets at times. Where are we? Denpasar, in fact off the Bypass just after BIMC. Our landlady is an Australian, living in Australia and we pay 30jt per year on a one year renewal basis.

Happy to be amongst the locals and we've never had any issues here whatsoever. If you target the bule enclaves then yes, you will pay through the nose, be asked for multiple years up front and generally have to go to quite some expense before the house is a home.

Cheers,
Cam.

Thanks all for the info. To clarify:

What is the difference between a villa and a house, it seems in Bali this is significant??

I have seen many houses advertised for around 35j a year, on lj hooker website. i imagine if we go local (via bulletin board etc.) then we should be able to get cheaper??

now i don't know if a villa is more sought after? I am guessing it is by the responses here

Cheers
Bevan

Look around. We live in a two storey, three bedroom house with office and rice field view, almost 1km in one direction. We can see Mt. Agung on a clear morning and have great sunsets at times. Where are we? Denpasar, in fact off the Bypass just after BIMC. Our landlady is an Australian, living in Australia and we pay 30jt per year on a one year renewal basis.

Happy to be amongst the locals and we've never had any issues here whatsoever. If you target the bule enclaves then yes, you will pay through the nose, be asked for multiple years up front and generally have to go to quite some expense before the house is a home.

Cheers,
Cam.

ok, I am about to give up in sanur!!! where did you find your house?? I am not sure what areas are good or not?? does anyone know about renon??? I am getting desperate and frustrated. can anyone help???

What is the difference between a villa and a house, it seems in Bali this is significant??

The distinction is fuzzy, but roughly a villa is aimed at expats or tourists, while locals live in houses. So that means the villa will have western touches such as pool, larger living spaces, both indoor and outdoor, oven in the kitchen, western toilets, etc.

thanks ronb

we dont want a pool and only basic house (villa)
I'll keep looking and if anyone out there has cheap house let me know
Cheers
Bevan

Back