rasi

We have just built a house in Kerobokan and are thinking of renting it out for a year. Has anyone rented there own personal house out before? We plan to move into it in about 18 months. I am worried that it will get trashed (as rentals anywhere in the world sometimes do). But to leave it vacant seems a bit silly when it could be making a bit of money. I am just very undecided. If anyone has any experiences they would like to share (positive or negative) I would be grateful!

Hi did you ever rent your villa? I have a house in kerobukan that I am trying to rent long term. Would appreciate Any info

Maybe you could just rent your house to someone you know. I can imagine the difficult thing in Bali is that you can't do any kind of background or financial check on prospective tenants. Another option would be listing it on Airbnb and make people pay a security deposit and have a minimum stay of say 1 month. Of course then you would need to have someone who can hand over the keys and check the house before releasing the security deposit.

Well I am in Australia and want to rent it for a year. I do have a neighbor who looks after my property. I do have it listed with an agent but no word yet. Thanks for taking the time! Paula

we have one house in Jimbaran since 2006, until summer 2011 my husband and i could visit Bali just one month on summer Juli-Aug. We rent out our house to tourist and students from Germany (who living and studi in Bali for 3-6 months) ...and we have good experience with our guest. Important is, you must have house personal, who care your home ... Now we can enjoy our house 6 months every year, and we rent out for the other 6 months ... I have homepage for my house and listing in several internet offer for holliday rental ...

I agree with Dyah. If you advertise that the house comes with a pembantu that will be appealing to your prospects and, if you have a good relationship with the pembantu, s/he will let you know if the tenants are not taking care of the house.

Back