What ownership structure are you considering for Bali property purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
The law states it like that, but the truth is there's a number of Indonesian people hold a dual citizenship and a long as they don't get caught or published, they can sleep soundly at night and go on with their life.

So, as long as you don't get caught, you are a smart man, and, as soon as you get caught, you are a stupid sonofabitch.
Sounds so familiar. Remember Bernie Madoff?

No thanks, rather be a safe sonofabitch, and ngorok aman at night. :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
So, as long as you don't get caught, you are a smart man, and, as soon as you get caught, you are a stupid sonofabitch.

No thanks, rather be a safe sonofabitch, and ngorok aman at night. :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:
Its a wise decision, I was just pointing out the difference between the rules and the applications in Indonesia:icon_e_smile:
If you have been long enough in Indonesia you won't be surprised anymore, right?

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Its a wise decision, I was just pointing out the difference between the rules and the applications in Indonesia:icon_e_smile:
If you have been long enough in Indonesia you won't be surprised anymore, right?

Ferdie, this is my 40'th or 41'st year in Indonesia (maklum, udah tua, mulai pikun, suka lupa) but, I still get surprised just as often as when I first arrived, the only difference is now i have learned patience.
Alon alon.:topsy_turvy:

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
PMA (Foreign Investment Company) 2 33.33%

Long-Term Leasehold 1 16.67%

Nominee Freehold 3 50.00%
hypertokyo
Don't know 0 0%

Erase the other user but guess what the OP picked :icon_evil:

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Hello.
If you are looking for an Indonesian nominee for your property purchase in Bali, I might be able to help.
I'm an Indonesian citizen and would be pleased to offer my services as a third-party nominee.
I'm non-Balinese and have no interests connected with local families or groups. As a finance and real estate professional, I'm familiar with the legal aspects of owning property in Indonesia, although I've lived overseas for more than 2/3 of my life.
I can assure you of impartiality, reliability, and sound advice.
Your notaris or real estate agent may suggest nominees, or you may ask a friend, but for your added security I think it is always best to have a third party like myself. An added advantage of having an Indonesian nominee (and a creditworthy one :) is that under the freehold structure you may be able to take advantage of local bank loans to finance your purchase.
Please ask me if you need a director for your PMA or offshore investment vehicle.
Contact me by PM or email (see my profile) for more details.

Regards
A.T.

The West Australian has done a very good editorial on (the fallacy of) expatriates thinking they can legally buy freehold land in Bali.

The West Australian has carried an article quoting the director of the Bali-based Saville Rowe Property Group describing how “freehold ownership” is increasingly popular among Australians investing in real estate in Bali, as opposed to those merely leasing land and property on the Island.

Quoting Jason Vershaw of the Saville Rowe Property Group, the property broker readily admits Indonesian law specifically prohibits foreign ownership, but then describes “how to get around the law” by using renewable leases and nominee Indonesian landowners.
Read on below.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/a/-/national/16868204/australians-look-at-bali-ownership/

Comments Pak Hypertokyo?
Input from those more in the know?

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
You are right Davita, I read both articles and got them a bit mixed up while writing the post. But one interesting thing the West Aust editorial says is there will be a conference in Nusa Dua about land investment in Bali.

Jason Vershaw, director of Saville Rowe Property Group in Seminyak, said freehold ownership was now the more popular investment vehicle because Australians were increasingly satisfied that it properly protected their interests.
The matter will be among the issues discussed later this month at an Australian Property Institute conference called Bali - Perth's northern-most suburb.

WA president of the Australian Property Institute Dennis Volk said the upcoming conference, on at the Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua, was designed to boost awareness about Indonesia's legal system and different property ownership rules.

That would be an interesting one for to turn up to and listen in on. How would they get around the legal uncertainties of nominee ownership, and how legal would the "safety clauses" be?

Everything I have come across says it is illegal, so maybe the bule2 will be teaching the Balinese new tricks?
:topsy_turvy:

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Here it is fred2 SAVILLE-ROWE

Looks SMOOOOOTH

His offering franchise for his property business, why do you offer franchise if its flourishing? LOL
This is the first line in for the top reasons to be his one of his franchise partners :
Reputable and highly ethical company ---> :devilish:

He is also offering property loans from a group called "APFM" whose website is not up and running now:highly_amused:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Talk about going in hard this bloke can do everything, even get you a loan (www.apfm.biz) There web page is not working for me yet. Do tourist not do any checking or is it the magic of Bali that blinds them. In Australia you have backstops, Real estate bodies, government bodies, lawyers but at the end of the day you have a title with your name on it. So at the end why pay for something that you don't get. Have a lease with your name on it, in fifty years you will be dead & your kids will trash the joint so live large now & have fun:applause:.
P.S did you see some of the prices of the properties on there wed site, you will need a bank loan:icon_razz:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur

One of the crew I mentioned has had dual citizenship for 32 years now. Most of you live here and are suddenly talking about the rules?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
So why would you pay a nominee anything? If it is someone you trust and they also trust you, I would assume that this is called a friendship.
My Indonesian wife has happily taken on the role of nominee for friends of mine and not expected money in return.
I have one Kiwi and two Australian friends who have become Indonesian citizens. They are also happy to help people without expecting money in return.

I suggest using a Nominee on Hak Milik title is legally scary for any foreign owner but agree with no.idea that it is an element of trust.
However, if the Indonesian Nominee has a foreign spouse, and no pre-nup arrangement, it compounds that legal detriment.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
One of the crew I mentioned has had dual citizenship for 32 years now. Most of you live here and are suddenly talking about the rules?

The rules only matter when you get caught. And then you have no recourse but to pay (and pay and pay) until you are either broke, or the other guy dies of old age.
It is no big deal paying off a cop when you run stop sign, or park in a no standing zone, but when you have a large amount of money riding on something, I follow the rules 110% mate. In the past it was not so bad, indonesia was not computerized. You could negotiate your taxes with someone from the taxation dept. Try that now since computerization, and you might be sitting in the "free of charge government hotel" in gerobokan that market likes to remind us of.
As Bob Dillon said "The times, they are a-changing". :topsy_turvy: