Day 7. The first sign of any improvement was not until the 4th day of the 5 day course of anti-biotics which is slower than usual as I have on a previous occasion had a positive effect after only one tablet. I had a bit of an appetite at last and managed a non-spicy bakso and 3 beers a little later. Have just eaten a big breakfast and can feel some strength coming back. I feel almost human again. I have removed some of the tusuk gigis from my voodoo-doctor-doll. Thank you all for caring enough to contribute.

Day 7. The first sign of any improvement was not until the 4th day of the 5 day course of anti-biotics which is slower than usual as I have on a previous occasion had a positive effect after only one tablet. I had a bit of an appetite at last and managed a non-spicy bakso and 3 beers a little later. Have just eaten a big breakfast and can feel some strength coming back. I feel almost human again. I have removed some of the tusuk gigis from my voodoo-doctor-doll. Thank you all for caring enough to contribute.
there's half your problem right there BAKSO

there's half your problem right there BAKSO

But wouldn't 3 beers be overkill as an antidote?
I've heard that excessive consumption of beer is similar to excessive prescriptions of anti-biotics....the more you imbibe the more you need next time...:icon_wink:

Glad you're improving kiteman...next time stay off the vindaloo. It isn't fit for man nor beast!

nothing cures the tongue,hooves and nose they make bakso out of,now I donate the meatballs to my wife

Kiteman glad your getting better . finish the antiboitic to full term . wait on the ice cold Bintangs till all meds are finished .

I always complete a course of anti-biotics. However, a doctor told me 30 years ago that the "alchohol ban" was a load of cobblers as it actually improves the speed of metabolism. Of course, "excessive alchohol" intake was not advisable. No doubt they have to advise people down to the Lowest Common Denominator so the only way to prevent abuse of a guideline by idiots is to simply "ban" it. The medical profession, for all its merits, is still more driven by covering its ass.

I have been given a course of antibiotics 500mg amoxylin by a doctor and also a 'chemist' both times were 9 tablets 3*3 days..is that correct? In aus I usually get a weeks worth !

I have always been under the impression that most courses of anti-biotics run for 5 days...... but I'm no expert!

Back