Australia and UAE Dubai
Looking for villa (rent)

Thank you ,I am still in Dubai UAE I will come to Bali in January
I am looking for nice villa and I am not sure witch locations is good for me
can you advise me pls ,thank you have a nice day

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
If I were you, I would stay the first couple of days in a hotel...in those days, drive around the Island a bit to see and get a feel for the different area's. (south of Bali is very different compared to the north)

then when feeling comfortable with a specific area, start searching for a villa in that area that suits your needs.

Mickey

Dec 7, 2010
Welcome to this forum.

You can look on this facebook page (Bali rooms for rent: Bali Rooms for Rent - Wall | Facebook), there are plenty of properties and rooms for rent in villas for good prices compared to hotels. ideally should be something between 2.000.000 - 3.000.000 IDR or 200-300 USD per month. Hotels are a bit more expansive though for long term stay...

Good luck

Last edited:

EcoPlastic

Dec 14, 2011
Australia and UAE Dubai
Eco Environment Project in Bali

Hello ,I am thinking to set up first Waste Plastic Managment and Waste Recycling Factory in Bali
I need some leds where I should go to reg my investment It is Environment Friendly Project
It will be also assets for Goverment and local people/workers
Any opinion and help pls email me back ( sorry my english)
Thank you

C

CanonMan

Its an ambitious project. You may want to check out Bali Clean and Green on facebook as there are a lot of people there involved with sustainability, ecological awareness and also addressing problems facing Bali such as waste mismanagement.

Best of luck with it.

Bali Clean and Green

Cheers,
mark.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
I think what canonman meant to say with 'ambitious project'...you must have a big starting capital, and not expect any fast amount of money coming in.
just my thoughts...I do admire your initiative.

C

CanonMan

I think what canonman meant to say with 'ambitious project'...you must have a big starting capital, and not expect any fast amount of money coming in.
just my thoughts...I do admire your initiative.
Exactly, part of our expansion plan is to look into the feasibility of creating a fully sustainable textile production facility on the island. By nature the very industry is a logistical nightmare. Not to say the land issue. We have 25are set aside for the initial plan but something tells me to be profitable we will need at least five times that.

Challenges make the World go round!

Cheers,
Mark.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
What research have you done?

I don't mean to pour water on the idea, but what research have you done?
  1. What's your motive? Environmental or profit?
  2. What type of plastic are you looking at recycling? PE, PP, PET?
  3. What volume is consumed in Bali per day/month/year AND where?
  4. How would you get your source feedstock?
  5. How much do you plan to pay for the discarded plastic waste?
  6. Who does the current garbage collection? How willing are they to let you, as a foreigner, have a slice of that business?
  7. What type of 'recycling' are you looking at? A/ Returning the collected waste to flake/granules, or B/ using the plastic directly (making bags or kites for tourists out of candy-wrappers... eg the TeraCyle model)
  8. If it is A/ You'll need a factory What's the cost of the: land, building, equipment, running costs? What's the process of registering that type of business; costs, restrictions (its is fairly industrial process)?
  9. If it is B/ That involves getting product designs, villagers to craft the plastic & a sales mechanism?

And those are just the starting questions.....

biomicrobe

Dec 17, 2011
Jakarta
I am ready for this project I have 3 years expirance with recycling ,thank you very much for your comment and advise:))

I don't get this plan

like SHoggard said:
What research have you done?

Have you ever been to Bali or Indonesia?

I do like you enthusiastic approach,
but to frank, as long as you are not part of some huge Foreign company
whit millions of dollars (or your self have that kind of money) of investment capital &
and friends in high places &
a very long breath
And then still your changes of succeeding are very slim, let alone you will be profitable over here.
I have been indirect active environment in Indonesia for over 15years
And seen all the biggest players from around the world, come here with great set-ups and capitals
and each leaving with their heads low and empty pockets.
But I repeat I love people trying to do some good towards nature, which is really needed here in Indonesia

so I wish all the best with your project!

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I agree with some of the others, while your enthusiasm is definitely nice, it probably isn't enough. I am not talking financially either. If you have never been to Bali or Indonesia then you need to spend a good amount of time here before before just coming and trying to change the ways people do things no matter who has the right or wrong method. It is great that you have experience in recycling but I recommend you have an equal amount of experience with Bali before attempting to do what you are planning, you might find that your strategy will be very different once you know the place better.