sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
It's true sometimes it is indeed funny to use their superstition to your own benefit, I had some hectares of land with a HUGE bamboo grove, the locals keep cutting bamboo there for ceremonies etc etc even after I asked them to do so. I tried different things they kept taking the bamboo. Then I told the klian I saw that big snake goes inside and a hantu appeared....after that for 5 years nobody ever cut one piece of bamboo again :)

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
YES. Catholics believe that a cracker biscuit krupuk becomes the body of Jesus and that wine becomes his blood. They also believe that a virgin gave birth to Jesus. Islam believes that their prophet traveled to Jerusalem on a flying horse called Bouraq.

Christians believe that Jesus was the son of God, but that he and God are the same person. More absurd is impossible. A guy who died on the cross, but knew that he would not die because he was God ?

And many people believe in praying to their God, the one who created microbes, viruses and earthquakes. And they thank him for that ? And adore him ? How stupid can one be ?

Justin, what you're saying is MOST sacrilegious: as penance, you will recite 100 "Our Father...", and another one hundred "Hail Mary...", and then go in peace and sin no more.:icon_cry::icon_cry:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I find the comments on each page quite relieving - the majority of the people are still sensible enough to understand that these laws are coming from some very self-serving excuses for politicos and I doubt that they will pass into law against the worldwide gales of ridicule and laughter they deserve and are getting.

Having said that I would like to use it for my own self-serving ends. Can anyone give me some tips on usage and where to find good info particularly about the Balinese flavor?

Cheers and sim, sim, salla bim Markit