Nice pictures. I believe you had some "prejudice" toward one of the beauties: no less than 8 pictures, including even couple from the back. (pictures toward the end, before the other beauty serving a bintang). Well, I don't blame you. :devilish: The problem, if there is a problem here, is that she is not the only one in Bali! I also couldn't help from noticing the last picture, which is somewhat shaky...probably a bad ice cube in the refreshments served.:icon_cool:

Wedding Season in Bali.

For all those that know this already stop now. For those lucky few that haven't yet been to a Balinese Wedding this is now the auspicious time in the Balinese calendar for getting hitched and you will see all over the island highly decorated "gateways to heaven" in front of many local houses and meeting halls. These are for weddings in progress and I can recommend you find a local that knows of one and get yourself invited. It's not hard, just ask and most Balinese are very happy to have guests from abroad come along and watch for an hour or two.

It is a Balinese tradition to bring as a gift for the newlyweds: 2 kilos rice, 2 kilos sugar and 2 packets of local kopi (coffee). Anything above and beyond that you care to include is "icing on the cake". Particular dress is not required or reverence towards the gods - just go along and be a part of it - you and they will love it.

Bali to host Miss Scuba International

A bevvie of scuba diving beauties from 21 countries will descend on Bali in November, all battling it out for the International Miss Scuba prize.

Hundreds of women are scheduled to compete in a series of events held in Bali from November 19 to November 30.

Dharmawan Sutanto, representing the organisers told a press conference in Jakarta yesterday that the theme for this year’s event is ‘Saving Oceans Through Beauty’ and expressed his hope that the competition will help to promote the many beautiful diving locations around the island.

“Our country is endowed with many beautiful places to dive but many are still unknown, like the Porsche that sits in the garage and is never used.”

The contestants will be expected to participate in numerous dives and will be tested on their knowledge of marine conservation. On the final night, November 30 they will parade in evening dresses.

With a startling grand prize of US$45,000, the competition which was held last year in Sabah in Malaysia is to feature participants coming from as far as Mexico and Mongolia.

The founder of Miss Scuba International, Robert Lo, explained the criteria for the participants, “They must be between 18-26 years old, never married or had children, with a minimum height of 165cm, fluent in English and certified to dive.

The event is supported by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

Bali to host Miss Scuba International | The Beat Magazine

Dosnt have any venues in the article so we will have to keep an eye out for that for this excellent event. . :drunk:

Two activities in November.

November 2-5, 2012.

The Nusa Dua Fiesta will be held within the Nusa Dua complex. This four-day festival will highlight the theme “Segara Lelangunan” or “Enjoying the Mesmerizing Beauty of the Sea”. The theme aims to encourage the preservation of the seas and to increase understanding among the public of the need to preserve the ocean’s ecosystem in order maintain the sustainability of sea tourism. There will be two colossal traditional dance performances, an exhibition of underwater photography, a Science Film Festival movie titled “Water,” and a cooking competition – Bali Culinary Challenge 2012.

November 16–18, 2012

The Screen Below The Wind Festival will be held in Ubud. It will include 15–20 documentary films & photo exhibition on Southeast Asian cultural diversity. The screenings will take place in 3 venues: 2 indoor and 1 outdoor.

Thanks Tin.

Not so sure the Nusa Dua thing is my "bag" but I'm sure there will be masses of people lined up for a chance to throw there nickers at the stage.

Back