Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
onwart ticket for australia .. :icon_mrgreen:

"received instruction from Indonesian Immigration to crack-down" .. crack down exactly what .. hahahahha

What an joke ...

I think what is more obvios .. since Australia is well settled state . .and cares more or less for their citizens ... they have done some obligations to flight. comp. from aust. that they have to be responsible for people who are going anywhere with them ! meaning .. if you are traveling with JetStar t osomewhere .. and you get stuck somewhere in some airport or in some immigration office .. Australian Embassy obligatory (not just teoreticly) is to provide any help neccesary for their citizens ! and what comes next is they migh spend some nice pile of $ to return you safe and sound home ... But they probobly decided that airliners (at least those Australia based) should take little more risk (and get involved in VISa check etc .. little more .. not just transport) since type of those cases are constantly rising ...

Or some scheme like that !

Why Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific do not check VISAS in your Passport .. well .. If you can affort that airliner ... logicly you should be able to afford yourself a decent visa in your passport ! heheh

Wich is not case with other airliners .. especially today when they got so cheap !

I doubt that Indo. Imm. gave "ultimatum" to JetStar ... :D
What ultimatum should sound like? Something like: " .. if not we will have no way but cut dow your business in here ..bla bla " And directly-indirectly cut dow $ flow to Indo. in a sec ?
I dont think so hehehe !

It is more likley that Aus. Gov. is the one who at the end pays for their citizens "egzibitions" so they decided to "spread" the "risk" to those involved directly into business (airliners) !!!

I was going to give a completely different answer but because odez999 comes from a country that doesn't give free education.
odez999 you mite google IATA.:icon_mrgreen:

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
As a matter of FACT I come from country which STILL have free education !

I am aware of IATA regulations etc etc ...

But as I said ... I do not rely on written law and regulations so much as common practice (REALITY) !
And I allow my mistake on this subject due to lack of experience on deportation issues :D

Seems like Indo. Immigration is more powerful than multimillion companies ! Which I doubt ...
At the end .. its all about $$$ !

Who is gaining what and from who .. we cant tell from this perspective !
But one thing is granted (in this "case") .. its Aus. traveler "loss" now !
Now you HAVE to buy return ticket, right away .. and probably risk the usage of same ..
Because of visa extensions and flight cancellations-changes (if possible on extra fee) later !
And who gains from that ?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
As a matter of FACT I come from country which STILL have free education !

I am aware of IATA regulations etc etc ...

But as I said ... I do not rely on written law and regulations so much as common practice (REALITY) !
And I allow my mistake on this subject due to lack of experience on deportation issues :D

Seems like Indo. Immigration is more powerful than multimillion companies ! Which I doubt ...
At the end .. its all about $$$ !

Who is gaining what and from who .. we cant tell from this perspective !
But one thing is granted (in this "case") .. its Aus. traveler "loss" now !
Now you HAVE to buy return ticket, right away .. and probably risk the usage of same ..
Because of visa extensions and flight cancellations-changes (if possible on extra fee) later !
And who gains from that ?

Well free education doesn't seem to be working, as I'm not sure if this is a answer or question.
So if you are aware of IATA you understand that travel agent & airlines use these rules around the world not just in Australia?
IATA rule for Indonesia are set by Indonesian Immigration not the Australian Government?
If in Australia the travel agent check your passport & if you need a visa. At the airport the check-in staff check your passport & visa requirements.
If you are booked on a flight for Indonesia, The Indonesia Immigration set out rules so you can enter Indonesia.
Now these rules are simple odez999 so you should not have toooooo much trouble understanding them.
30 day VOA you must show a passport with your name & photo on it & a return ticket no later then 30 days or if extending the visa no later than 60 days.
Now I think the VOA has been around since 2000 I think, before that your passport & return ticket were sent to the Indonesian embassy.
Flight cancellation-changes would be up to your airline not the Australian or Indonesia governments?

Now the bit about the Australian government helping there citizen, I hope that happens with all governments But not so with your government?
As Australian Citizen we hope the Australian government will do everything within the law to help us if we get into trouble.
So when Ansett went down the Australia government, did not pay for return ticket to Australia, for all the tourist that were stuck here.
Miss Corby & Bali 9 are still in jail, the Australian government did not pass any brown paper bags to have them sent back to Australia.
Australian government still gives foreign aid to the Indonesia government even with Australian citizen in Indonesian jails.
Not sure this has covered all you question odez999 but please post again.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Why Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific do not check VISAS in your Passport .. well .. If you can affort that airliner ... logicly you should be able to afford yourself a decent visa in your passport ! heheh
Heads up odez999
You should know that anyone using a Singapore or Hong Kong passport have different requirement to enter Indonesia then someone using a Aus,NZ, USA, etc passport.

TomYum

Feb 10, 2012
Bali
After I work for 12 months on a 'KITAS' can I change and stay longer? Seems hard with visas here. I'm ok for now for the 12 months but good to look fwd.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
you would have to leave the country first, and then come back on either a sosbud or touristvisa.
the only way you could stay longer without having to leave the country after 12 months is if your contract is being extended for another 12 months.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
If your workcontract is being prolonged for another year, then you do not leave the country...but your employer takes care of the extention of Kitas and IMTA.

if your contract is up after 12 months, you would get an Exit Permit from the imigrasi (again via your employer), this enables you to leave the country.
if you would choose to return here (not to work) then you can immediatly apply for a SosBud visa.

processing a IMTA and KITAS, can take long, maybe a month or two 'tops'. Ofcourse if all paperwork is in order and IMTA paid for on time.