ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Don't forget the lunch time restaurant - if the autopsy suggests food poisoning could be a cause (unlikely), then it's likely that lunch time, rather than evening was when it happened.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
No news in Aus, so not sure how a UK paper knows....#tabloid?

Don't quite know what you infer Dunaden but if you are referring to my link...re: Bali deaths: bodies of mother and daughter released after autopsy | World news | theguardian.com

you should note it originates from the Australian Associated Press....it is common practice around the world's media that sources of information come from such companies and are re-transmitted. Not all newspapers have the resources to write their own reports.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Any further info on this?

Seems weird that it's all "rumm-bumm-bumm Bali killed our girls" and now after the autopsy and burial...zippp!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Agree with markit's #47.

It has been over 2 weeks since the autopsy was concluded.....yet no news. I wonder if the family actually know the results, and are satisfied, and don't wish the media hype go any further...I wouldn't blame them. Does anyone know if Australia mandates the result be promulgated...I don't know the law in this regard.

If there was any evidence of a crime then I suspect some charge would have been laid......so far, nothing! Even if evidence of criminal activity came from the Australian pathologist I would doubt it would be prosecuted in Indonesia.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I think with autopsy results, they need to check, double-check, then triple-check the findings. I don't expect there will be anything made public for a few weeks, possibly months.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I think with autopsy results, they need to check, double-check, then triple-check the findings. I don't expect there will be anything made public for a few weeks, possibly months.

Well it has been over 3 months and I've not seen any further from the Australian autopsy result, nor from the family...have I missed something?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I believe the final conclusion was "scombroid poisoning". I think it was the fish, also combined with their allergies.

Noelene and Yvana Bischoff: Family told food poisoning likely caused deaths in Bali - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

From the article about:

"It's nothing to do with Bali, this can happen anywhere at all and, in fact, in Australia the day that has the most food poisoning in the whole year is Boxing Day," she said.
"People have all this leftover stuff and it sits out - very hot.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks spicyayam....but that is the old preliminary news from over 3 months ago. After all the media fuss in Australia over the affair I thought we would get a final report.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
In the meanwhile, the German dude that leased the restaurant has left. The restaurant is now back in full ownership of the hotel.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Aaghh! That's news balibule...so was it a German dude that caused their death?

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
He leased the restaurant from the hotel. He's a chef but wasn't much in the kitchen. The food wasn't really popular with local expats.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Aaghh! That's news balibule...so was it a German dude that caused their death?

He leased the restaurant from the hotel. He's a chef but wasn't much in the kitchen. The food wasn't really popular with local expats.

That might explain it...he was a German chef and maybe, just maybe....printed his menu 'Mahi-Mahi" when he really meant "Mati-Mati"...:confused: