Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
That will be enough of the "old" comments thank you! When are you coming out of the cave, out of the hermit town and having a beer with real men in Sanur? (we have cheese) Christ in Sanur we even let women into the Man Shed. Mind you some of them tend to look a bit like men.

What's up tomorrow (Saturday)? Gotta go to the airport so have enough time to get into trouble afterwards I'd guess.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Of course - the Dutch must regard the East with some trepidation - How many times did the Teutons walk all over you guys?

hahaha...how long did it take you to come up with that one?
I mean holy crap, "Teutons"..you're so smart (or so old) that your brain actually has the name of a BC tribe on standby, ready to use in an attempt to be funny..

Whilest I was only hinting at something that happened a mere 417 years ago >>> (1597) after a long sea voyage from west to EAST, the Dutch explorer Cornelis de Houtman arrives on Bali.

bakung

May 4, 2011
hahaha...how long did it take you to come up with that one?
I mean holy crap, "Teutons"..you're so smart (or so old) that your brain actually has the name of a BC tribe on standby, ready to use in an attempt to be funny..

Whilest I was only hinting at something that happened a mere 417 years ago >>> (1597) after a long sea voyage from west to EAST, the Dutch explorer Cornelis de Houtman arrives on Bali.

bell.jpg sorry Gilbert could not resist :icon_biggrin:

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
Old thread but now I'd like some advice. I've been without decent protective gear for riding motorcycles for too long here on Bali. I've pieced together items I've found locally but one thing I needed was a riding jacket that fits. I ordered a used jacket through EBay from Australia and it's somewhere in Bali.

Has anyone here ordered an item from EBay where you pay Customs, Insurance and Freight (CIF) taxes/fees up front through EBay? The parcel was sent by Australian Post with my home delivery (about 3+ hours from Renon) listed. Australian Post tracking says the package "is ready for collection" but I've heard nothing from posindonesia. Oddly, I got a WhatsApp text from posindonesia a few days ago saying I owed 1.5 juta for taxes, and customs. I even tried to pay it at BRI using Briva but I got a message saying all import fees and taxes have been already been paid.

Before I make a 6+ hour round trip to Renon to check if the package is there, I thought I'd ask folks here. TIA.

Reactions: Shadrach

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Old thread but now I'd like some advice. I've been without decent protective gear for riding motorcycles for too long here on Bali. I've pieced together items I've found locally but one thing I needed was a riding jacket that fits. I ordered a used jacket through EBay from Australia and it's somewhere in Bali.

Has anyone here ordered an item from EBay where you pay Customs, Insurance and Freight (CIF) taxes/fees up front through EBay? The parcel was sent by Australian Post with my home delivery (about 3+ hours from Renon) listed. Australian Post tracking says the package "is ready for collection" but I've heard nothing from posindonesia. Oddly, I got a WhatsApp text from posindonesia a few days ago saying I owed 1.5 juta for taxes, and customs. I even tried to pay it at BRI using Briva but I got a message saying all import fees and taxes have been already been paid.

Before I make a 6+ hour round trip to Renon to check if the package is there, I thought I'd ask folks here. TIA.
From what I hear of the posts in 2014 and now, it doesn't seem much has changed. Is this 1885? I think you would better off sending your parcel by Stagecoach, or Pony Express, if you want to take the chance of being robbed by Highwaymen! Oh I forgot your sending it by Post! Good luck! If it ain't made in Indonesia, you might as well be pissing in the wind on the downwind side!
You would be better off strapping your goods to the back of a Dolphin or Turtle! You would have to pay less! A few fish or so!

• Haha
Reactions: Rellek

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021

Maybe see if your tracking id works with "pos indonesia tracking", "EMS indonesia tracking" and then eventually "bea cukai tracking".

Usually pos indonesia will send me a notification via slow mail on a piece of paper stating how much I have to pay to have the parcel released. Maybe (as you suggest) they have started with whatsapp now with all the instructions to do so.

Reactions: Rellek

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
From what I hear of the posts in 2014 and now, it doesn't seem much has changed. Is this 1885? I think you would better off sending your parcel by Stagecoach, or Pony Express, if you want to take the chance of being robbed by Highwaymen! Oh I forgot your sending it by Post! Good luck! If it ain't made in Indonesia, you might as well be pissing in the wind on the downwind side!
You would be better off strapping your goods to the back of a Dolphin or Turtle! You would have to pay less! A few fish or so!
The only way for me to get proper protective riding gear is from western foreigners leaving stuff behind. I found one gear shop called Contin on Java who appeared to sell my size and he refused to sell to me because he thought Indonesian sizing wouldn't fit me (He gave me chest and waist measurements but said they vary too widely for him to sell to me...I was pissed off about that). It took me 6 months to get a good quality helmet here, other than the $10 USD plastic helmets sold here. So I'm basically fucked.

If the jacket gets lost forever, it's still worth the risk. The other thing is I fly to New Zealand in December for 3 weeks of riding and I'd like to bring gear with me instead of spending time shopping and ordering there.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
The only way for me to get proper protective riding gear is from western foreigners leaving stuff behind. I found one gear shop called Contin on Java who appeared to sell my size and he refused to sell to me because he thought Indonesian sizing wouldn't fit me (He gave me chest and waist measurements but said they vary too widely for him to sell to me...I was pissed off about that). It took me 6 months to get a good quality helmet here, other than the $10 USD plastic helmets sold here. So I'm basically fucked.

If the jacket gets lost forever, it's still worth the risk. The other thing is I fly to New Zealand in December for 3 weeks of riding and I'd like to bring gear with me instead of spending time shopping and ordering there.
The well to do Indonesians love to show off expensive motorbikes (and bikes) and associated gear. There is a place in Kuta selling imported helmets and jackets. I have not been there myself. The best thing is probably to contact them to find out what they have in stock before doing a long trek.

https://www.facebook.com/knnmotorsportbaliofficial/photos

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
The well to do Indonesians love to show off expensive motorbikes (and bikes) and associated gear. There is a place in Kuta selling imported helmets and jackets. I have not been there myself. The best thing is probably to contact them to find out what they have in stock before doing a long trek.

https://www.facebook.com/knnmotorsportbaliofficial/photos
Thank you. I genuinely appreciate your help but that website has been inactive for 6 months and the gear does not suit me. Foreigners like me have larger heads, longer legs and bigger stomachs which is my problem finding gear here. Like you said, the gear there for sale is more for show, generally.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017

I order and receive regulary stuff ordered through AliExpress China.
we are speaking over a 100 orders since 3 years.
Yep, Posindonesia will sent we a W.A. with the usual txt and amount to pay, I just wait the next.day and the guy from the Post Office will show up at my place with the parcel.
A nice tip to make sure he remembers me for next time, problem solved.
Then again, I dont live in the middle of the Sahara (3 hours from Renong...)

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
"wife beater" ?
Wow, haven't heard that one for a while.
You sure you not Aussie Markit?

Cheers
Don't wear singlets so not wife beater
Ken
You lost me there? What is a wife beater? I get the Tupperware helmet and flip flops. The helmets now are much better than the plastic baseball caps from before.

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
I order and receive regulary stuff ordered through AliExpress China.
we are speaking over a 100 orders since 3 years.
Yep, Posindonesia will sent we a W.A. with the usual txt and amount to pay, I just wait the next.day and the guy from the Post Office will show up at my place with the parcel.
A nice tip to make sure he remembers me for next time, problem solved.
Then again, I dont live in the middle of the Sahara (3 hours from Renong...)
Balifrog, When ordering stuff from AliExpress do you get delivery to your door?
Regarding where I live, western Bali is quiet, peaceful and beautiful and you couldn't pay me to live in Kuta, Legion or Seminyak.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Balifrog, When ordering stuff from AliExpress do you get delivery to your door?
Regarding where I live, western Bali is quiet, peaceful and beautiful and you couldn't pay me to live in Kuta, Legion or Seminyak.
Yes, well till now.
I am living in Pensioners.city....
Legian would have been OK when I was 45 / 50 !