samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
I've just had returned my copy of 'Julia's Jihad' by Jakarta post columnist Julia Suryakusuma. It's an easy read as it's a compendium of many articles and essays she has had published separately so the book can be put down, and restarted, without missing any plot.
It's refreshing to read about the taboos of the Muslim world written by a modern Muslim with a sense of the ridiculous and humor. She even gets a bit risque....

An example...
'Ali, the driver looked depressed. "Aduh, Pak, I have 8 children and my wife is pregnant again...what can I do?"
Pak Paul suggested all sorts of contraceptive devices but, according to Ali...to no avail.
Paul then suggested the withdrawal method but Ali cringed as the best part of making love was to ejaculate inside his wife while she held him very tightly.
Paul had run out of ideas but noticed Ali now had a big smile...he had found a solution..."what's that?" asked Paul.

"I took a second wife!" Ali declared triumphantly.'

Interesting.

i know i am supposed to say more than that.....but......well, why was it returned ?

G

Gurkha

I have pointed to this post a number of times and probably will again in the future unless Management decides to make it a bit sticky?!

Here you can download all the books in the world - Old and NEW!

Just scroll down to my lovely baby picture and follow the instructions.

Good one Markit! - You have done a true service to humanity!

Last edited by a moderator:

prudentia

Oct 22, 2014
... and for those who don't use Windoze computers, there's a link for a mIRC Mac-client ... but I'm not allowed to post the link yet ... gosh ... :icon_eek:

"You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

oih

May 8, 2015
Quarantine
sorry for disturbance .. seems I need a count of ten .. which may, or not, allow the adding of links / attachments here >> balipod.com/bali-expat-forum-f2/bill-dalton%92s-first-edition-moon-publications-1973-a-t10927. html