davita

Mar 13, 2012
One for Davita
The world’s shortest commercial flight is between Orkney Islands, Westray and Papa Westray, The flight is only 1.7 miles and can take as little as 47secs if good weather

Thanks geedee for that info...1.7 miles (approx. 10,000 feet) is actually longer than when we used to do '2 times' circuits and bumps in a Chipmunk on a 6,000ft runway in Seletar, Singapore. i.e. land...rev-up and get airborne...land...rev-up and get airborne again...do a circuit and repeat.
But that wasn't commercial, except to say.......most of our students ultimately became Singapore Airline Captains.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Little Brown Fecking Machine springs to mind...!

Lets see:
obscene
vulgar
sexually-oriented
hateful
threatening
or otherwise violative of any laws.

Check, check, check, check, check and possibly

I'm still waiting for you to show this forum where your above quote is what I said. When will we see that statement. You have the opportunity to show the evidence or, retract what you quoted me as being wrong....

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You are completely vindicated Davita!

I was horribly, viciously, sinfully and entirely wrong. Mea Culpa!!!

There, happy?

This whole forum thing means less to me than the famous "cup of warm spit" so can we please move along peacefully now in the spirit of the approaching holiday?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Fact in Woolworths Supermarket Today

Eye fillet steak $47.99kg
1lt coconut water $6.49

Someone mention cost of living of living in Australia so if interested have attached total docket

IMG_2558.jpgIMG_2560.jpg

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Geedee, thank you for that. I have not been back to Oz for 10 years so I often wonder about prices there nowadays. Here the same product is under $20.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Geedee, thank you for that. I have not been back to Oz for 10 years so I often wonder about prices there nowadays. Here the same product is under $20.

Australia very expensive now
Total shopping was $196this was in the low range normally ranges from $190 -$260
Depending on how quick i can get my wife to move and if we are buying toiletries soap powder etc
We also probably spend another $20-30 during the week

P

paulseawind

Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.

Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content.

Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory.

Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.

Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content.

Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory.

Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.

Upstart, the biggest lender in the USA, has no capital.

P

paulseawind

Upstart, the biggest lender in the USA, has no capital.

Very good.
I think Rangi is getting fact-ed.
LOL
He asked for it, really.
And he should get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Very good.
I think Rangi is getting fact-ed.
LOL
He asked for it, really.
And he should get it.

Sorry I am a simple sole and I am not really sure what you mean by this.

But I think it is nice that the thread has generated some interest and activity as that was my hope for the thread when I started it.

14.jpg

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
The best time to drink coffee (to wake-up) is after 9am. If you drink it before you are messing with your natural cortisol levels.

[video=youtube;0mgmayMSESI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgmayMSESI[/video]

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
More pizza was sold during the OJ Simpson car chase than any other day ever due to them all being glued to TV.
Ford Bronco sales climbed 25% the following year

chrisgj

Feb 25, 2022
Kerobokan
Markit is absolutely correct. One can eliminate, or at least mitigate, extraneous noise by creating an anti-phase noise of similar but opposite phase.
That's how all noise-cancelling headphones work. They measure the extraneous noise and produce an anti-phase harmonic which then only allows the noise that one wishes to hear.

This was taught in physics since I went to school with Pythagoras.

The same principle is applied in our grid electrical systems where phase transformers are used to eliminate power factor correction caused by frequency harmonic inefficiencies....but that's deeper knowledge that what I learned 'cribbing' from Pythagoras.
My wife taught me that....:icon_e_biggrin:
Actually, inverting and advancing are not the same thing. Inverting is what is needed. If you just advance (or delay) the signal, it will only work for a pure sine wave and a particular frequency.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Actually, inverting and advancing are not the same thing. Inverting is what is needed. If you just advance (or delay) the signal, it will only work for a pure sine wave and a particular frequency.

Pretty old post there friend and you failed to touch on the most important part in your knowledgeable answer: Was "Markit is absolutely correct" still the case?