Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Hi,
Can someone tell me how many and/or which pages of the passport need to be copied. Also does the actual passport need to be presented and approx. costs involved?.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Never let anyone get hold of our passport, last I heard it was the copy of the ID page and the page with the stamp, but that was years ago

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi,
Can someone tell me how many and/or which pages of the passport need to be copied. Also does the actual passport need to be presented and approx. costs involved?.

To get better info you need to clarify what status you have on arrival.
For example...a tourist doesn't need to do anything. It is the hotel or property owner of the visitor's residence that reports an STM within 24 hours of arrival. This only requires a copy of the ID page of passport.

More info here....Visas and Documentation - Information on working documents for expatriates in Indonesia

My agent tells me that under a new law, an SKLD is no longer a requirement and I no longer have one, although on my 3rd Kitas.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
I have leased a place for 3 years. The owner emphasised I would need to register with police on returning to Bali. I was staying in a hotel at the time. No hassle getting the STM just wanted to have copies, and any other paperwork organised before arrival. Using a 60 day 211 tourist visa. Thanks for the link. Very handy for future reference.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I have leased a place for 3 years. The owner emphasised I would need to register with police on returning to Bali. I was staying in a hotel at the time. No hassle getting the STM just wanted to have copies, and any other paperwork organised before arrival. Using a 60 day 211 tourist visa. Thanks for the link. Very handy for future reference.

As the link specifies it is the landlord that needs to report your stay in his property...not you. However, it isn't a big deal and it's free so dont let anyone shake you down.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
I knew for a fact the going rate for reporting foreigners to the local police here is 25K, because I've seen it with my own eyes when a hotel worker did it while I was visiting a local police office.
Normy, if you're doing it yourself I bet they wouldn't dare asking you even a dime, but if you send someone to do it, prepare some cash in advance.

I agree with Davita, usually the landlord does it for you, I think he's not used to it or he just doesn't like to pay for the "extra fees"

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
As the link specifies it is the landlord that needs to report your stay in his property...not you. However, it isn't a big deal and it's free so dont let anyone shake you down.

Depends upon whether you want the local cops to be friendly or not. I know that theoretically it's free but the 15k idr/month "coffee money" seemed like a good investment to keep the cops at least awake.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Depends upon whether you want the local cops to be friendly or not. I know that theoretically it's free but the 15k idr/month "coffee money" seemed like a good investment to keep the cops at least awake.

Maybe out in the sticks of Karangasem the cops only drink black or white Kope....and why 15k is enough but down here in La La land they drink Maccona....much more spendy:icon_e_smile:

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Yes ferdie I read owner should do it, also have read other posters who say owner wouldn't do it. As I will arrive in evening and don't ride/drive,jalan kaki saja or taxis usually, will have someone fix it for me. Very useful to have idea of going rate.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Yes ferdie I read owner should do it, also have read other posters who say owner wouldn't do it. As I will arrive in evening and don't ride/drive,jalan kaki saja or taxis usually, will have someone fix it for me. Very useful to have idea of going rate.

Please review the link to the law. It is the property owner's duty...if he/she/they fail to perform this duty they are subject, by the same law, to a Rp5,000,000 fine.
There is no mention of the tourists duty, nor punishment for failure to comply.
Previous to my Kitas I've always had my passport copied, by the hotel, for that purpose.
If I were you I wouldn't sweat over it....QED

btw I think markit was talking generally about helping with his policeman's fund much like people in N. America contribute to their firemen's charity fund for under-privileged children...right markit? :cocksure:

Last edited: