davita

Mar 13, 2012
I've heard that the cost of all visas and entry permits to enter Indonesia have increased. I also heard that a Visa on Arrival (VOA) can be for 7 days and costs US$15. We are hosting some visitors soon and ask if anyone can confirm this new VOA...I remember there used to be a 7 day VOA but understood that was cancelled a few years back. Has it been re-instated?

Also, does anyone know the official cost of a Retirement Visa...I'm aware that agents have their own fees but wondered what the Government gets.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks matsaleh...I thought it was too good to be true.

The new RI President already said he wants to increase tourism from 8M to 9.5M next year... and then they go and increase the VOA from $25 to $35.
Malaysia had 25M tourists for the last couple of years and gives 3 month visas. Thailand, with all its political woes, is expecting only 25M tourists against their normal 28M......so they announced today they are adjusting their visa requirements to attract more.

I wonder if Indonesian lawmakers read anything other than their own rhetoric and if they even consult with each other.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
[MENTION=11670]davita[/MENTION] check out "PERATURAN PEMERINTAH REPUBLIK INDONESIA NOMOR 38 TAHUN 2009" , if you want to know how much of what you pay actually goes into the governments pockets.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks gilbert ...I copy/pasted your info above but it really wasn't very informative....it referred to law #38 in 2009 and I didn't see any reference to how much "I pay actually goes into the government's pockets". If anything.....it said kosong (O)!

Perhaps you can help out with an explanation or elaboration....otherwise...I'm no wiser than before.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks gilbert...if the gov't only gets between 1-2 juta for the visa and 1 juta for the MERP, then my previous retirement visa/merp at 8 juta to the agent is a big mark-up.
Goodness knows what it will be in November, when it's up for renewal.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
about or over 10 Juta would be my estimate !

I guess you guess right....so I guess I'll need to fire our gardener or the security guy.
Ooops...my wife just told me the security guy resigned when we were in Canada on holiday...I didn't even notice he wasn't there.....so there's a cost saving.
She also mentioned about the cost of Hatten wine.....so I reminded her I sponsor her visa...:icon_wink: We cannot be too stingy now can we!

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I guess you guess right....so I guess I'll need to fire our gardener or the security guy.
Ooops...my wife just told me the security guy resigned when we were in Canada on holiday...I didn't even notice he wasn't there.....so there's a cost saving.
She also mentioned about the cost of Hatten wine.....so I reminded her I sponsor her visa...:icon_wink: We cannot be too stingy now can we!

you not train her from start that wine/beer/liquor come 1st then neccessarys such as gardener, staff or any thing else

davita

Mar 13, 2012
You are so right smoke...I will need to chastise her...actually, I think she likes being chastised...:icon_e_surprised:

kleasey

Sep 4, 2014
A friend of mine has told me there are guys at the airport that for a small fee you exchange your passport and money and they get you your visa...is this safe??

davita

Mar 13, 2012
A friend of mine has told me there are guys at the airport that for a small fee you exchange your passport and money and they get you your visa...is this safe??

Do you think it advisable to give someone you met at the airport your passport and some money.....and is his name Katut or Made?

kleasey

Sep 4, 2014
NOt sure of names although both of my mates have done it and cleared immigration 20-30min before the rest of the plane.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Sorry kleasey...I misinterpreted your post #12. I can now see you mean the express fastrack facility for a VOA.
You are correct...there are licenced agents inside the secure area of the airport who, if pre-ordered from their travel company, do provide a fastrack service. I'm not sure of the cost but guess it would double the VOA fee of US$35. I wouldn't be surprised if they also deal with passengers, on an ad-hoc basis, if there is a big line-up. They are identifiable with a badge and maybe even a uniform.

I would avoid those approaching outside the airport purporting to get visas from the immigration office.

kleasey

Sep 4, 2014
Sorry kleasey...I misinterpreted your post #12. I can now see you mean the express fastrack facility for a VOA.
You are correct...there are licenced agents inside the secure area of the airport who, if pre-ordered from their travel company, do provide a fastrack service. I'm not sure of the cost but guess it would double the VOA fee of US$35. I wouldn't be surprised if they also deal with passengers, on an ad-hoc basis, if there is a big line-up. They are identifiable with a badge and maybe even a uniform.

I would avoid those approaching outside the airport purporting to get visas from the immigration office.

DO you know how to find the pre booked ones? We have around 2 1/4 hours to clear immigration and get a flight to lombok so we would like to get through quickly as possible. Or are the guys always there?

Cheers

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
from what i have heard yes usually around for expidiating a voa.

never used them at all

davita

Mar 13, 2012
DO you know how to find the pre booked ones? We have around 2 1/4 hours to clear immigration and get a flight to lombok so we would like to get through quickly as possible. Or are the guys always there?

Cheers

Here is one I googled....Bali Fast Track: vip voa service #1.

I would see how long the line-up...if short...save your money and go through as normal...if many aircraft arrive at the same time might be best to hail one of those fellows.