gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
I've been called many things on here, from "drugsdealer" to arrogant SOB to someone wishing me dead, hahaha...
so I figured let me be beat them to it, and call it tax-evasion myself..LOL

TVResearcher

Sep 13, 2012
Hello Deb. I'm researching a documentary television series about Australians relocating to Bali and would like to connect with Aussies who love to spend time in Bali, so much so that they have made the choice to make it their home. We are a WA based production company called Electric Pictures with a home in East Fremantle. I posted on the Expat/Travel forums for the first time today with my research request. I have been reading your posts and I'm very keen to hear if you are still planning to make the move to Bali with your family and where you are at on that journey? I was wondering if you might be interested in having a brief chat with me about this exciting process? I cannot send a private message to you until I've posted 10 or more times, so perhaps you could message me and we can go from there? Would absolutely love to hear from you. Hope it's all going well. Regards, Ingrid.

TVResearcher

Sep 13, 2012
Hi Bec,
I'm researching a documentary television series about Australians relocating to Bali and would like to connect with Aussies who love to spend time in Bali, so much so that they have made the choice to make it their home. We are a WA based production company called Electric Pictures with a home in East Fremantle. I posted on the Expat/Travel forums for the first time today with my research request. I have been reading your posts and I'm very keen to hear if you are still planning to make the move to Bali and where you are at on that journey? I was wondering if you might be interested in having a brief chat with me about this exciting process? I cannot send a private message to you until I've posted 10 or more times, so perhaps you could message me and we can swap email addresses? Would absolutely love to hear from you. Hope it's all going well. Regards, Ingrid.

TVResearcher

Sep 13, 2012
Hi Lea,
I have just read your post re moving to Bali in December. I'm a researcher for a WA production house, Electric Pictures (I put out a general post earlier today) and would love to email you and have a chat about your decision to make the move and the processes involved in doing so. If you are interested, could you please send me a message and I'll email you directly? (I have to make 10 postings before I can message someone one-to-one). Cheers, Ingrid

TVResearcher

Sep 13, 2012
Hello Rasi,
I am researching a documentary television series about Australians relocating to Bali and would like to connect with Aussies who have made the choice to make Bali their home. I gather from your postings that you are settled in Bali with your family and would love the opportunity to chat to you about how it came to be that you moved to Bali and what life is like for you there. I have less than 10 postings at the moment so am unable to message you directly. If you could message me I can send you my email address and we can go from there if it suits you? Kindly, Ingrid.

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Just my 2 cents, but I think renting here beats buying every time. It's perfectly legal, so you never have to worry about anyone having you over a barrel, having to pay constant "fines" or losing your property. Renting, especially long term, is very good value here in comparison to "freehold". You can do anything you like with a rental property just as you would if you bought one. We've completely altered ours, pulling out parts of the kitchen because it was too boxed-in etc and our landlord is perfectly happy. A long term lease, done properly, is not even an agreement between 2 private parties, but a government issued right of use certificate that gives you the same rights over the property while you hold it as owning it does, and first option on renewal. Even "short" (a few years) term leases have very favourable conditions for the most part. You pay up front, and you take more responsibility for the care of the property than you would on a rental in Australia, but overall it's a simple transaction - pay and enjoy your home. Lease is not only legal but more respectful, leaving land in the hands of its rightful owners, the Balinese, for future generations.

Forgot to mention that a Hak Pakai certificate gives you the same benefits as ownership in that you can mortgage it, resell it and sublet.

Last edited: