Ibis, we are in a similar position to you but unfortunately will not be in Bali the same time. I'd love to hear a report from you based on the intel offered by the very generous people giving up their time.

No worries, we will try our best to Update you, we are still not 100% Moving as the usual stuff back here we are still dealing with,but that is part of the "social" fact-finding Mission to better prepare ourselves with what we "think" we need to know and need, and meet up with soem fantastic people.

Cheers

I am not sure what you mean?, Im flying in to Bali the 9th of august and meeting up as per the arrangement on the 13th of August??, Tuesday week?

Cheers

For me it will probably be closer to 1:00 or 1:30 but I'll get there as soon as I can after a meeting unless the meeting just goes on for too long. I'll be coming from Ubud.

We got there rather late, but pleased to say a couple of the balipod guys and friends stayed on for the afternoon shift. Enjoyed the banter, the drinks and food and the attention from the proprietor - insults included :icon_biggrin:

Sorry, no photos that I know about. I got there around 12, ibis69 (both of them) were there till around 1 and seemed happy with the meeting. The Bintangs were really cold (but then what else would you expect if no.idea has any say in it) - and the Ducks Nutz platters (I leave you to imagine) were impressive and welcome.

Ibis69,

Is there any info you can share after the meeting with the local folk in Bali? I'm particularly interested in cost of living estimates and anything you learned about cost of buying a villa.

Thanks,

We're coming

Ibis69,

Is there any info you can share after the meeting with the local folk in Bali? I'm particularly interested in cost of living estimates and anything you learned about cost of buying a villa.

Thanks,

We're coming

Werecoming, I think it will difficult for you to have your questions answered until you're on the island, looking around, and asking us specific questions. Cost of living varies greatly in Bali just as it does in Australia. Your cost of living would be entirely different in Launceston than it would be in the Sydney CBD. The same is true for buying a house or villa. The size, location, views and amenities, condition, who you buy through, etc. all make a big difference. If I were to ask you about the cost of buying a home in Australia you couldn't really give me a useful answer.

Generally speaking, the southern part of the island is the busiest and also the most expensive for expats. Lovina in the north is lovely (I'm told) and much less expensive. Amed and the surrounding area in the east is also less expensive than the south. Some pockets even in the larger towns are less expensive than others but often there is a valid reason for that so you'll need to investigate. Finding a trustworthy Balinese to help you is the very best thing you can do for yourself, especially in the beginning.

We're in a very small village about halfway between Sanur and Ubud. When we bought it was cheaper than either Ubud or Sanur. You'll just need to plan some time for looking around. And, by the way, if you want a Balinese guide to help you find property when you get here I can give you the name of a man who could be a huge help to you. There are other Balipodders who could do the same.

Good luck! Many of us would be happy to meet with you when you arrive.

Back