ibis69

Hello,
I posted the "planning to plan to Move to Bali" some time ago and have spent a considerable amount of tiem reading posts on this forum. and we will be in Bali for 13 Days Mid-august .(The five of us from 2 years of age up to 15 Years of age and mum & dad,)I am Interested in meeting up with some people.(Families/People with 3 or 4 bedroom Villa houses/Long-term Expats..) who can help us build a better picture of what it is like to live in Bali, and what Budget we would need, How open and Accepting the Expat community is like and so -forth.

SO Hope to hear back from everyone here and meet up and Chat.

Regards

Balipod get togethers are enjoyable, so I would be interested. Of course, it all depends a bit on when and where. So if you suggest a date and a neighbourhood you may get some responses. Good luck.

No-One is keen to meet and share /Imaprt some Knowledge and stories? mmmm ?Quite strange...

yea like rob said name a time and date then some people could be interested .
On a bit of a side note im just trying to work is your name ibis named after those big white scavenger birds they have in aussie , heaps in the gold coast ??
also nice touch with the 69 on the end. Is it because there is already 68 people with the name Ibis or did you choose that number for another reason ??

You're welcome to visit us (in Sanur). Send a PM if you can.
And some more precise details of your trip would be helpful.

:icon_cool:

Hello,
thanks for the response, I was a bit worried no-one wants to meet up, WE will be in Bali from teh 9th of August Until the 22nd of AUgust, Primarily for a holiday with my family BUT with view to visit rental properties & Hopefully meet up with some Expats /to gain a better Understanding of what we are in for if we Move hopefully beginning to Middle of next year,as for Location I was hoping we could be given a few hints ,as Im not from Bali I would not know what would be a neutral place to meet that is sutiable, we are willing to travel to meet up Obviously,also as for name "Ibis" used to be the name of a Band I palyed in and "69" well just a laugh for the end as I needed a number,My real name is Damian.I thought of meeting up as it has been mentioned on this forum that if people are serious that is the way to do it face to face, and I would like to talk more in detail on cost of living, what it is like for a family with young children,,common mistakes made,What the expat community.(western community.) is like? kids groups? meet a few people have a laugh over a coffee & learn,,

Hope this helps and keen to meet up and chat.

Cheers

Just a hint Damien old mate, from past experience, more likely to get a bintang than a coffee :icon_e_wink:

Hi all,
After a bit of thought and checking dates how about we Meet up in Sanur.(ANy Cafe/Pub,I am not familiar with Sanur at all.) for a coffee/Or Bintangs/Food and have a chat. The date I hope is suitable is The 13th of August around 10am??

How does that sound?

10 AM is possibly a bit early for a beer but I am willing to give it a go.
Since the demise of the Bonsai parking can be a hassle in a number of places.
The Ducks Nutz Bar & Grill is along Jalan Tamblingan in between Ratatoutille and Cinnamon restaurants. Maybe we could try there.

Yes 13th is ok with us, I don't normally do beer for breakfast but why not as long it does not become a habit!

Hi all,
What a response sounds great,we dont have to have beers for those are Not keen,I dont want to turn anyone off or sound boganish but if it turns into a afternoon why not,My wife & I look forward to meeting everyone.

Kind regards

So the consensus seems August 13, from 10 am @Duck Nutz. Since there is some time to plan for the day, maybe we could organize some sponsors, with a competition raffle/auction etc with proceeds going to a charity here? If everyone just wants to keep it informal that is fine also. Just a thought. If someone knows the owner there maybe we could organize something with them also.

Back