Hi Balidavo,
Agree with you. It is not only money that can be lost by acting in haste, but a lot of mental anguish (had the experience!).
This brings me to a quick question or two. Can a person have two Hak Pakai agreements on two separate pieces of property, and does the size of the parcels have anything to do with it? Have received different answers from different legal sources. Sorry if this something you haven't dealt with, but prefer Hak Pakai to Hak Milik because I can have Right of Use Agreement.
Thanks

Hi Balidavo,
Agree with you. It is not only money that can be lost by acting in haste, but a lot of mental anguish (had the experience!).
This brings me to a quick question or two. Can a person have two Hak Pakai agreements on two separate pieces of property, and does the size of the parcels have anything to do with it? Have received different answers from different legal sources. Sorry if this something you haven't dealt with, but prefer Hak Pakai to Hak Milik because I can have Right of Use Agreement.
Thanks

As far as we've been told that you can only have "One" Hak Pakai in your name. For example we wanted a block of land and next door was another parcel which would give us more garden, we were considering one in my name and one in my husbands name to get past this, but we have not done the deal yet, still looking around. Would prefer to have 1 Certificate, our lawyer says that it can be a problem with the IMB if the building goes on 2 certificates. We only wanted the other block for garden but we are now looking around for a larger parcel of land before we get too hooked on the original plan.

Hak Pakai

As far as we've been told that you can only have "One" Hak Pakai in your name. For example we wanted a block of land and next door was another parcel which would give us more garden, we were considering one in my name and one in my husbands name to get past this, but we have not done the deal yet, still looking around. Would prefer to have 1 Certificate, our lawyer says that it can be a problem with the IMB if the building goes on 2 certificates. We only wanted the other block for garden but we are now looking around for a larger parcel of land before we get too hooked on the original plan.

Thanks Georgie,
Well that is 2 out of 3 so I will go with the odds. There has to be an entire semester in notaris school devoted to being obscure! BTW I bought land with Hak Milik and later an adjacent separate parcel for a garden also with Hak Milik after building my house on the original parcel. They are both under a nominee agreement as they are too large for Hak Pakai even if allowed. I don't like the nominee agreement as they have been challenged in court among other things.

Can a person have two Hak Pakai agreements on two separate pieces of property, and does the size of the parcels have anything to do with it?

Hi Don,

hope you are all fine and dandy, you mean two parcels next to each other? I see there no problem I have more than one Hak Pakai land in my name and there was never any headache...or do I miss sth?

Cheers

Marc

Hi Don,

hope you are all fine and dandy, you mean two parcels next to each other? I see there no problem I have more than one Hak Pakai land in my name and there was never any headache...or do I miss sth?

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,
Fine and dandy here. I bought another parcel for a garden immediately behind the original piece. There is so much salt air in front of the house many trees and sayur wouldn't grow. Now there is some protection, and although not perfect, have some things surviving.
I have found some errors with the notaris we both know, and will be happy to send a PM about it if you like; or perhaps you have learned on your own.
Don

Hi Don,

please do so I'm all ears...I sold evth over there, which notaris you mean? maybe better via PM

Cheers

Marc

Hi Don and Marc,
I used a notaris that was recommended, and I had to check the Contract very carefully, especially dates, who was required to do what, and sums of money. We also used a lawyer, who discovered that the plot of land we were buying was NOT the plot of land referred to in the Contract of sale... same owner, same street, different plot of land. There again, in the UK I had the same problems when dealing with UK land/house purchase. I think it is the 'professional ' problem rather than a problem with Indonesian lawyers! Buyers really have to beware!
Good luck with the land deal. I am looking forward to opening a bottle of wine when ours is completely settled!
Barekarma

Other things to consider when buying the land is how the village is, some places are not very foreigner friendly. If you want to build you could also do a soil test to find out how good or bad the land is as this can affect cost of building (could also ask to neighbours who have build). Maybe find out how high or low the water level is. If there is a place where you can get rid of your "stormwater" in rain season. Where the septic tanks are from your neighbours (you will want to avoid those when drilling for water), if there is polutoin (noise; dogs, mosque, bars / rubbish burning, radiaton of nearby mobile phone antennea, ...) and then the obvious one being access, PLN and PDAM.

Good luck with your piece of land!

If there is a place where you can get rid of your "stormwater" in rain season.

One thing I like about the builder we have been dealing with is that he has all storm water pipes into the garden with slits in the pipes so it basically waters the garden.

Good advice on things to check balibule. We will be having a lot of blessings on the land, then the building in stages as we have a large Balinese family so our new neighbours will basically think we are Hindu, they may be surprised when they see our white skin after all the Upacara's our family have lined up for us.

Hi Georgie

Yup, am planning for similar things in regards to the stormwater. I was going to have water catchment tanks as well but my water level is rediculous high (about 1-1.5 meter from the surface) so water catchment tanks will do no good as they would be full anyway with ground water.

That's why a Balinese style of septic tank would also not work (I think) as the level of ground water would make my septic always full.

Are you building? I gues you have no problems in Bukit with the water level being too high :)

Hi Balibule

We have town water, for how long I do not know, we are on a big rock on the Bukit (limestone), it's dry and with almost no surface water or streams and with the 2 golfcourses who knows how long the water will last so we have been looking at rainwater tanks etc. We haven't secured our land, but have 2 parcels in the same area in negotiations - 2 more days!!

Properties have septic tanks here but I rarely see a rainwater tank, when we lived in country Australia they were the only water supply or a bore which gave you bright orange (clay) water but okay for bathing and washing but not drinking, maybe that's why Aussies have a great tan?

We are also looking at Solar panels and a back up generator as in the 3 years we've been on the Bukit power has been a problem, more of a problem then when we lived in the mountains in Bangli.

Also, one BULE is building in the same street and he is putting in a Desjoyaux Pool, now this is interesting to us as it has a built in pump, not a pump house and uses a third of the electricity, can't wait to see his first power bill as he just finished his house last week. 10 year guarantee on the pump and pool, not tiled, its a plastic recycled moulding and guaranteed even with earth movement.

The Balinese believe that using "rain water" for bathing will make you sick, so they don't collect it.

I checked with a friend from Sumatra the other day and he said the same applies in Sumatra. They don't use rain water for the same reason.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The rainwater filters through the earth to join the groundwater and it's then pumped up via a well. That's ok to use for bathing.:fatigue:

The Balinese believe that using "rain water" for bathing will make you sick, so they don't collect it.

I checked with a friend from Sumatra the other day and he said the same applies in Sumatra. They don't use rain water for the same reason.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The rainwater filters through the earth to join the groundwater and it's then pumped up via a well. That's ok to use for bathing.:fatigue:

That's strange as they collect it in the village we work in for everything, the adults generally bath in the Lake but the children are often bathed in the buckets that collect the water. Black buckets are left in the sun to heat the water for bathing. Many of the homes have rainwater tanks as well, that's rural Bali though, maybe the city slickers have some other ideas.

I talked to my balinese builder about it (as he scoffed at the tanks i put in), and he says its because the rain water makes lumut (moss) grow inside your tanks, this in turns makes you feeling slimy and itchy.
I dont think theres anything wrong with putting tanks in, but ive been unable to find any of the automatic roof rinsing valves here which dump the first 5 mins of rain every time it rains....to stop all your roof dust going into your tanks.
Hujan Sakit is another one that loses me....its ok to get wet when its overcast......but when its sunny and raining, this is "hujan sakit" and should be avoided.
?????????????

I talked to my balinese builder about it (as he scoffed at the tanks i put in), and he says its because the rain water makes lumut (moss) grow inside your tanks, this in turns makes you feeling slimy and itchy.
I dont think theres anything wrong with putting tanks in, but ive been unable to find any of the automatic roof rinsing valves here which dump the first 5 mins of rain every time it rains....to stop all your roof dust going into your tanks.
Hujan Sakit is another one that loses me....its ok to get wet when its overcast......but when its sunny and raining, this is "hujan sakit" and should be avoided.
?????????????

Well, your builder is wrong about rainwater making moss grow. Rainwater is the purest water in the world until it is contaminated with very dirty air or what it absorbs when it hits earth. And rainwater certainly won’t make skin feel slimy or itchy. But rainwater is exceptionally soft because it doesn’t contain the minerals that make water “hard” and it has a soft or slick feel in the shower. I like knowing it is pure.

Balibob can tell you about the first-flush diverter system we’ve installed. Maybe I can talk him into describing it here.

And someone else mentioned not having enough land for the rainwater tanks. If it is planned from the outset the tanks can go under the house with just enough of the tank jutting out to allow a manhole access.

Back