ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thanks for the update Celyna, and please keep us posted with your thoughts after visiting Lovina.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
"but you got snorkling, diving, dolphin.etc"

You have that pretty much everywhere on the island, unless ur up a mountain :icon_wink: then you can forget the dolphins...

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
From the latest Bali Advertiser
“I like it here. Lovina’s different. I think I could live here,” she said.

The roads were more spacious than Denpasar and in good condition. But even more noticeable was the lack of garbage. This town looked loved and well cared for by the local people.

For the full article Finding Bali’s Spirit in Lovina

cintasugi

Aug 1, 2011
australia
anyone schooling primary school kids near singaraja?

i also want to move to Singaraja, already own house there, but the schooling part is stopping me. Not sure if i could handle home schooling a 8 year old!
But i love the north and wouldn t want to live in the south,:icon_wink:

By the way im new to this site, so any info would be great, have read thru the archives and some interesting things on this site

Last edited:

cintasugi

Aug 1, 2011
australia
Regarding schooling up north

Markit, just was wondering if anyone home schools there kids up there and how they manage with internet and getting things done thru the dsitance school of education in Oz. I just read that the new SMS bali mandira school that opened on the weekend in Singaraja is for high school (boarding)students only and costs around $6000 US a year. This was in the Jakarta Post on the weekend.
Thanks

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
My wifes little brother (14) has a smarty pants mate that speaks Indonesians, French, English and Balinese fluently. He gets home schooled by his parent I think in Lovina and attends LAB in Singaraja. But as far as LAB is concerned I wouldn't bother, some times I help little bro out with his English home work and the half of the question don't even make sense. Well at least not to me anyway :icon_e_confused:.

Rosemary69

Jul 21, 2011
Lovina

you make it sound like a place that would suit me, as a retiree and have an aversion to McDonolds and the like. I am currently living in Sanur, however, i will be checking out the area.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Maybe it is genetic? My daughter is just now making the rounds on Bali - Candi, Sanur, Kuta (against my advice, but they know everything), Medawi (yodeling muslims thru the night and a weiny wagger @ 8am) and now in Lovina.

She says all ok (even the weiny wagger!) but Lovina - too HOT!!! Apparently hotter than everywhere else?

cintasugi

Aug 1, 2011
australia
homework in Oz the same

just finished helping my daughter do her homework and half of it didnt make sense. The teach things differently and thats why i was worried about homeschooling in Bali, might not be as patient as i would like,lol. If you live in Bali what health insurance company do you find most people use. If any one can give my an idea of decent companies it would be appreciated as i haven found much info in the archives on this, thanks

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Come on Gil it's only cause you're up at the top of the mountain that it's cloudy - or maybe some other reason for your eyesight not being that what it was?:icon_e_sad:

I'll drink to that!

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Come on Gil it's only cause you're up at the top of the mountain that it's cloudy - or maybe some other reason for your eyesight not being that what it was?:icon_e_sad:

I'll drink to that!

Hi Markit,

:icon_biggrin::highly_amused::icon_biggrin::highly_amused::unconscious:I'm following this thread because I am enjoying your comments very much - let me know when your first book is published.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
as a matter a fact, I was next to the statue in Lovina :icon_biggrin:, up the mountain it was at best to say chilly :cold:
my eyesight is still 10-10, at 15.15 hrs :icon_wink:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
It has been quite hot in Lovina recently, but I think if you didn't like hot weather then perhaps Bali is not the place for you. In the mornings and afternoon it is quite nice, just take a nap during the hottest part of the day :hypnotysed: And spare a thought for the poor school kids having to do marching today :icon_eek:

Celyna

Jul 18, 2011
Perth
www.balifragrance.com.au
Hi all, went to Lovina on the 10th...love it! It is clean, neat and not full of dickheads. We didn't find it hot at all. In fact Bali isn't that hot this time of year . Maybe not for everyone but certaintly is for us. We love it!

sensibilita

Sep 6, 2011
Bali, Europe, and Melbourne
Cheap?? maybe 10 years ago, but trust me it aint 'cheap' anymore..
hot and boring?? for some people it might be hot and boring, a nice cool pool works magic though. For not getting bored, there's loads and loads one can do.
local gangsters?? you mean the beach hawkers selling sarongs, or ? 'cause I doubt you've met any of the 'gangsters'
surabayan hookers, you mean the cewek-kafe? if so, nah I don't think so..(know so :icon_wink:) in the lovina area, most are from Banyuwangi and in Denpasar area most are from Bandung.
miles away from civilization? Lovina ain't miles away from civilization, but then again what is civilization in you book?
thrue about the water shortage in summertime, 99% sure you went uphill (straightline south) from Lovina, so you've just been up the wrong part of the hills.

to the O.P. if it was so bad as markit described, would there be anyone living here?
I think not :icon_wink:...I would suggest sending a PM to spicyayam about the kinda place you're looking for, he or his wife might know something for you.

I totally agree with Gilbert's mindset! and for those who hadn't noticed, we live in an attraction-based universe; what you focus on expands! So I keep thinking about all the wonderful things life has to offer me, and it really does get better and better!!! I stay away from unpleasant people as best I can, and hang around those that are nurturing and sharing people, and the good things keep expanding!

Bali has a lot of the fundamentals in place to make it a great place to live ... as long as you have a loving and open and non-judgmental approach to life! :adoration:

aliciathomson

Sep 15, 2011
Actually Lovina is one of my options, 'cause I am thinking of buying a property in Bali, thanks for posting that question, I also get some ideas. :icon_rolleyes: