BoogeyWoman

Aug 29, 2010
Hai,

from the past years, we open business in Bali, we always feel the Human Resource were very troublesome.
Every one month, there is at least 4 employee quit their job, without good intention.
Once we only employed the youngster, who actually work 4hour, feel bored and straight quit their job.
then we tried to employed, those who has family, hoping they need the money for the living, but end up they bring their kids to the work place, and when they have problem with the job, the spouse will terrorize our mobile, office and home.

Then I followed most of the business owners in Bali way, by keeping their original school certificate to make them commit a lil bit. but end up, none really care with their school cert, if they want to quit, they just quit their job.

I dont know if its only me, or is there any business owner or HRD management here feel the same way like I do?

any advice?

BoogeyWoman

Aug 29, 2010
yesterday I talked with some business owner in bali, such as security company G4S, Indomaret, versus & dng and the gangs, and some finance company. and its not only me the one holding the original certificate.
for the lower educated people, original school certificate (even smu or smk) is a gold for them, so by keeping the cert at least it makes them stay within the contract. eventhough not every one is care enough with contract. once they feel bored they can just leave.

I was a bit frustrated seeing this everymonth and then I start to talk to my lawyer, he says, there is no law in indonesia, prohibit employers to hold a sch cert, as long as they want to give it, you can have it. we're trusting them with our asset, goods, money and clients. so by holding the cert at least make them commit a lil bit for their job.

and oh gilbert, to let you know, making a new KTP only costs 15k, and a school cert, takes years and more than 15k.
:icon_rolleyes:

confused*

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
It seems a strange way to keep your employees in their job. Why not try and make their job fun and interesting so they are motivated to come to work. How are you finding your employees and what kind of staff are you looking for? Some forum members might know of people looking for work. I think the best way to find staff is through referrals from your friends and colleagues.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
and oh gilbert, to let you know, making a new KTP only costs 15k, and a school cert, takes years and more than 15k.
:icon_rolleyes:
confused*

no really, just 15k? :highly_amused:....just kinda hard to get a new KTP, if one can't leave the island to go and make one..all of the girls are from java, know what I mean? And most if not all of the girls only have finished smp. Holding their KTP, is more of a way to make sure the don't change employers within the given
contractperiod of 3 months..after the 3 months they get their KTP back and are free to go work for whoever they want..but most stay for at least a year.

btw, if someone looses their ijazah, he/she can just go their former school bring their rapportcards and they will issue a new one.
another thing wich can be done (for people who have not finished school), is buy a ijazah (without rapportcards) SMP for about 4jt.
SMA for about 6jt. depending IPS or IPA.
Moral of the story, there are no guarantees what so ever when employing someone.
It does seem to me that you somehow attract the wrong kinda people, employees who quit on you...the guy who you rent from...

katek

Aug 27, 2011
hard to say

truly most of ppl in Bali try to find enjoyable job. If the feel the they work under pressure or not feeling comfort, the just quit.
sometimes finding a loyal employee can be so hard.
it's better finding employee from friend's recomendation...

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I am with Spicyayam on this one.
Most of our staff smile and laugh from the time they start work until they leave. To me they are friends rather than staff. Okay a few will leave but overall most of them stay for years. We hold no sort of security over them.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
I am with Spicyayam on this one.
Most of our staff smile and laugh from the time they start work until they leave. To me they are friends rather than staff. Okay a few will leave but overall most of them stay for years. We hold no sort of security over them.

Couldn't agree more. Laughter and happy staff. Who wants to have unhappy people around who are staying because they are "forced" into it. I don't anyone working for me who doesn't want the job and doesn't like the conditions.

BoogeyWoman

Aug 29, 2010
well, I couldnt agree more with that. make it fun and enjoyable work. our branch in ubud, sanur is really stable. our employee is happy and the turnover is slow. they're happy with their salary, bonus or commission. but but but, the one in kuta, seminyak and oberoi, sucks big time. I dont know why, the longest they work is 6 months.

I always seen the indonesian owned business is always do that, even periplus, they even give straight 1 -3 year contract. geez, ours is only every 3months.

yeah, KTP is only 15k, sigh. I also heard that they can reprinted the cert (mostly SMK or SMA). for the fake cert, I read it in the indonesian forum, SMU/SMK costs 1.5mill. kinda cheap eh. hahaha. university 8mill.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah for 1,5jt, those are fake SMA/SMK ijazah's :icon_wink:
The prices I mentioned, then the one who buys it is actually fully registered with the school as a student (backdated) also results of the Ujian Nasional are real and can be checked at the
regional depdiknas.

oh and as for the workplace has to be fun and enjoyable, ofcourse I totally agree..now picture this, working just 7 or 8 hours a day, 6 days a week,
and then can drink and dance and sing and get paid for doing that, now I don't think there are alot of jobs wich can be more fun...
It's just expenses have been made, 'uniforms'/housing/food...so making sure they don't change employer before breaking even,
the rule is KTP to be handed over. Another reason is to make sure the girl is not a minor, and if in case there's a check by police (razzia) all people in the building can be indentified by their
KTP...Moral of the story, they are not forced into working :miserable:

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
yeah for 1,5jt, those are fake SMA/SMK ijazah's :icon_wink:
The prices I mentioned, then the one who buys it is actually fully registered with the school as a student (backdated) also results of the Ujian Nasional are real and can be checked at the
regional depdiknas.

oh and as for the workplace has to be fun and enjoyable, ofcourse I totally agree..now picture this, working just 7 or 8 hours a day, 6 days a week,
and then can drink and dance and sing and get paid for doing that, now I don't think there are alot of jobs wich can be more fun...
It's just expenses have been made, 'uniforms'/housing/food...so making sure they don't change employer before breaking even,
the rule is KTP to be handed over. Another reason is to make sure the girl is not a minor, and if in case there's a check by police (razzia) all people in the building can be indentified by their
KTP...Moral of the story, they are not forced into working :miserable:

Haha you run a cafe/karaoke of sorts huh? I could tell from your first posts, but this one definitely confirmed it. :p

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@calitobali, not as much running it or managing it, but have some money invested in 2 KF's (yes, the naughty kind) , used to be 3..but one mysteriously caught on fire somehow
and burnt to the ground.

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
my parents been running a business in bali fro a long time ad the way they keep there staff happy is buy being a friends instead of a bos but still show them you have power. indo like it when you show interest and care and if they ask for help with problems at home maybe give them abit of advice. or if they have a ceremony tell them they can have day off with half pay of something. sit down with them talk to the find out what they want out of job and meet half way so both parties are happy.