mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
Hi There,
I am trying to find a bank in Bali that I can transfer money from via the internet to Australia. I have a Permata bank account with a so called VISA Debit card, which i thought i could use to pay bills at home with the visa facility...alas NO...I dont see the point in calling it a VISA debit card if you cant use the Visa online for anything:icon_cry:

I enquired abuot getting a credit card through Permata then to pay online and bills overseas but was advised as an expat that I had to deposit the same amount as the credit limit as security....doesnt this then become a VISA debit card in reality because i would be using my own money????
This is becoming a nightmare, I cant get to the branch often to be able to do the international transfers, I need some way of transfering online. Somone mentioned the commonwealth has this facility online but is it only back to a commonwealth account at home or can it be any australian bank?
PLEASE HELP I AM GETTING QUITE FRUSTRATED WITH THE LACK OF ONLINE FACILITIES FOR BANKING PURPOSES!!!
thanks

mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
Try Bank Mandiri. There online service is good.

Thanks Jimbo. I cant see anything on the Mandiri website about online international transfers but I was thinking about opening an account there anyway as a few people have recommended it...cant hurt with the way im feeling at the moment!

Rainbird

Feb 25, 2011
For nearly two years now I've been using Kangaroo Services for transferring money between Australia and Indonesia, and they do Indonesia to Australia as well. They've been great. SAME DAY cheap service, easy and prompt to communicate with. Once you've registered with them, you transfer money from your account to theirs, then email them with proof of the transfer (eg a .pdf or screen shot) they do the international transfer direct into your account in the other country. Costs are fixed (up to allowed maximum amounts) reasonable (eg 20,000rupiah to transfer 10 or 100 million) and their exchange rates are fine. One thing I've liked is that they don't wait for your money to arrive in their account, but will transfer in response to your proof of payment only.

Last edited:

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
Hi, I can do this online with my Niaga Account. I checked and there is an option to transfer to overseas accounts and IDR to AUD is possible too. Im happy with Niaga they have been very helpful the last weeks for transers, paperwork etc.

mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
For nearly two years now I've been using Kangaroo Services for transferring money between Australia and Indonesia, and they do Indonesia to Australia as well. They've been great. SAME DAY cheap service, easy and prompt to communicate with. Once you've registered with them, you transfer money from your account to theirs, then email them with proof of the transfer (eg a .pdf or screen shot) they do the international transfer direct into your account in the other country. Costs are fixed (up to allowed maximum amounts) reasonable (eg 20,000rupiah to transfer 10 or 100 million) and their exchange rates are fine. One thing I've liked is that they don't wait for your money to arrive in their account, but will transfer in response to your proof of payment only.

Thanks so much...I did have a look at Kangaroo and couldnt see that it could be done with a Permata account, i will have another look thanks..

mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
Hi, I can do this online with my Niaga Account. I checked and there is an option to transfer to overseas accounts and IDR to AUD is possible too. Im happy with Niaga they have been very helpful the last weeks for transers, paperwork etc.

Thanks Josh I will check them out too...this has been such a pain in the butt!!!!

Rainbird

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks so much...I did have a look at Kangaroo and couldnt see that it could be done with a Permata account, i will have another look thanks..

They respond promptly to emails, so just write to ask them. I've not transferred from Indo to Oz, but it's likely to be the same method.. you internet transfer to their bank account from yours.
Good luck, let us know how you go.

hollywood

Mar 3, 2011
canggu
moving to bali

Hi Everyone,
We are moving to bali in the next few months,house is nearly finished,great aussie builder,does to aussie standards.but the reason i am asking anyone on the site is:::: we are coming from the gold coast in QLD Australia,has anyone used a container to ship their furniture etc over there? and who did you use,how much? and was it difficult or any thing else you can tell us.i will have a retirement kitas. cheers:icon_wink:

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hi Everyone,
We are moving to bali in the next few months,house is nearly finished,great aussie builder,does to aussie standards.but the reason i am asking anyone on the site is:::: we are coming from the gold coast in QLD Australia,has anyone used a container to ship their furniture etc over there? and who did you use,how much? and was it difficult or any thing else you can tell us.i will have a retirement kitas. cheers:icon_wink:

We used Movements International and were not happy with them. After we'd signed our contract we found out we'd be charged another AU$2,000. to clear customs. We were unhappy with the movers they are connected with in Bali who were not at all professional. We had some broken and damaged furniture. No one seemed to be in charge. When a chair was dropped the guy just looked at us and giggled. Not an experience we want to repeat.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Hi Everyone,

Try Crown Worldwide. They have an office here and I think in Brisbane as well. We moved from Singapore to Bali with them (20ft container) all went well. Call them and ask for a survey. Hope this helps.

mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
Hi There
Crown are good but first time I shipped I found them quite expensive. Second round I used Vanguard and this seemed to be a little cheaper...having said that both times there were some hidden costs that had to be "negotiated"

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah, they are a bit expensive...but from a to z everything is handled by their own personnel, good insurance and not picky when claiming damages.
Personally didn't have issues as to hidden costs...paid in full before shipping, so there were no additional costs they could add here. Ofcourse I gave the guys who unloadad the boxes and other things a carton of smokes, made their day :icon_razz:

whitepowder

Mar 7, 2011
yeah, they are a bit expensive...but from a to z everything is handled by their own personnel, good insurance and not picky when claiming damages.
Personally didn't have issues as to hidden costs...paid in full before shipping, so there were no additional costs they could add here. Ofcourse I gave the guys who unloadad the boxes and other things a carton of smokes, made their day :icon_razz:

No coke? What about coke?