manda

I probably won't be able to get up to Ubud this trip, where a lot of the welfare agencies are..altho I know I can donate online..was curious if there's other ways? It kills me to see them the way they are, would giving a dog treat to every 1 I pass seem futile or perhaps dangerous? I'll be in the legian region.

I stay clear of most of the dogs, son in law was nearly bitten when he tried to pat one that was in a bar.... thought it would be friendly.

If it were to be friendly it may just follow after you...
Be careful if there are a couple around as they do fight. maybe over the treat.

good luck

ehm, how would you feel if someone would pat you, without asking/introducing...if you know what I mean?

BARC is a good option if you want to help stray dogs..you can volunteer for a day, or adopt a dog (sponsor the dog financially).
there's also BAWA (spelled right?) but they get subsidi from the government and BARC does not.

I probably won't be able to get up to Ubud this trip, where a lot of the welfare agencies are..altho I know I can donate online..was curious if there's other ways? It kills me to see them the way they are, would giving a dog treat to every 1 I pass seem futile or perhaps dangerous? I'll be in the legian region.

You can help on Kuta/Legian beach if you like, visit this facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/krisbali2, Kris does a wonderful job feeding the dogs every day there (keeps them happy and social contact keeps them friendly), she get's Linda from BARC to vaccinate and sterilize them for free. Kris and the others do a tireless job and I know as I have a habit of bringing too many home and they help us with vet bills, we've had about 100 fosters in 7 years and only keep the un-adoptable pets, so we have a little bit of a zoo going on at home, we have dogs and cats and half the reason we are building a house is to have more land to fit them all in. Kris might need some rice bought for her if you want to help.

I like to volunteer a day of work at the Puppy orphanage on Monkey Forest Rd in Ubud..also I throw a little donation to the owner whenever we visit.. every bit helps I reckon..

No, sorry I couldn't get the meaning. I mean, whats the meaning of mentioning dogs there.
Tone! your are a rock star because you got the essence of sympathy and mercy for others.
I believe that their is a reward for such people above the heavens(I wish my Siberian husky with
me there.. :p).

there are some dog kennels too in Bali which can secure them and it is free if you want to adopt them as long as they are safe with you :icon_lol: something you can do if there is no time, is donating their life

Christ on a Crutch why don't you people spend your time looking after the kids here?

They are people, you know, your species.

They can potentially contribute to the well being of this planet.

Not the bug infested, syphilitic, unfriendly animals that are potential carriers of DEATH and disease you seem to have an irrational affinity for.

Give me strength!

:cupcake: 'strength for Markit'

Oddly there's no :beer: icon, so a cupcake will have to do, hope you appreciate it, if not you can always throw it to the dogs

Last edited:
Christ on a Crutch why don't you people spend your time looking after the kids here?

They are people, you know, your species.

They can potentially contribute to the well being of this planet.

Not the bug infested, syphilitic, unfriendly animals that are potential carriers of DEATH and disease you seem to have an irrational affinity for.

Give me strength!

wich kids would that be ???
sometimes, most of the time actually, it's way more satisfying to help some animal then it is to help a human being.

sometimes, most of the time actually, it's way more satisfying to help some animal then it is to help a human being.

Why can't you do both at the same time? Is there a law against it? Of course, with people , it is more involved, but a life is a life.

Well that's just grand news there Gil. I think you should have as much satisfaction as you can stand.

Where is your house?

I'll start with the first car load of street dogs today and I'm sure most of the other animal lovers will be happy to join in and supply you with all the dogs they can get their soft, white hands on.

@markit...
still don't know wich kids you mean that need helping?
but if you need to highlight the fact that there are people on this Island who need help,
then I would suggest you visit your local retirement home (panti jompo) now those people need help.
Much more so then kids imho..

I've actually never seen an old folks home Gil, now that you mention it. I assumed that most oldies were looked after by their families.

I have on occasion seen some of my local friends see an oldy walking down the street and spontaneously give them 20k or a kilo of rice. Started doing similar when I'm driving the back roads stop and pick up an old fellow if I see one. Funny thing is first time I did it the old guy got where he was going and turned and asked for some money too haha - I thought "bloody cheek" give em a ride and now I gotta pay for it too.

Since then he waits for me by the side of the road. Not surprising really.

it would be more charitable if the donation is given to the "same species". there are some orphanages who will manage your money and your help would be more useful to them instead of helping dogs

it would be more charitable if the donation is given to the "same species". there are some orphanages who will manage your money and your help would be more useful to them instead of helping dogs

Guess you have no clue how most yayasan's actually work..."managing your money" give me a break, giving money isn't helping at all.

well okay, let me revise it Gilbert
i think let say use the money to buy useful things like food, clothes, daily needs ,etc then give to the yayasan, it works at all i guess

Back