kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello

I see a lot in the forums about the social visa and I have become quite familiar with what it entails, how to get it,etc... If you come to Bali on a tourist visa and want to obtain a social visa, can you change it in Bali or do you need to leave the country?

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I have 60day tourist visa in my passport ! Living in here (Glogor Carik KOST, In Between Denpasar and Legian) with my GF (who is from Bogor, KTP from Bogor) for 1 month allready !
Can I extend my 60 day tourist visa for Sos. Bud. Visa my GF as my sponsor !?
And where it could be done ? And what would be the price .... approx .. !!? And in wht time frame is necessary to apply, how long does it take to make !?

Since its said that is possible to extendit without having to leave the country !?

THX

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You need to have sponsor who's address is in Bali. I expect you will need to go through an agent to get this done. You probably want to make some enquiries now. Usually you need to extend at least one week before your visa is due to expire.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
If you go to one of the dodgy agents you may not have to leave, But the normal way is to get your sobub from a different country & come into Indonesia on you sobud visa & then you can extent it.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Theroticly .. why do I need sponsor from bali for Indonesian Sos. Bud. <---? ( any later implications if I take KTP from let say .. Jakarta region ???)
And BTW can it be done with that temporarly ID wich they get on Bali if they are more then 1 month staying (or like that) !
I read on this form that some got Sos. Bud. visa (outside Indonesia) with that and invitation letter only !!??

Anyhow .. what do you sugest me to do ? (CHEAPEST) Can or can not make this 60 day into Sos. Bud. Visa ???
(sinceI plan to stay for only 30 days more till exiting for longer again - approx. 85 days in total)

How those dogy agents usually ask for it !?(I read on some of ther WWW its around 1.5 mil) Is it too much ?
and any future implications on such scenario .. (on imigration at airport .. for example?) ...

:D

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Theroticly .. why do I need sponsor from bali for Indonesian Sos. Bud. <---? ( any later implications if I take KTP from let say .. Jakarta region ???)

There is no logical reason why you need to do this, but that is the rule. I believe that the rule is that you need to renew the visa at the immigration office closest to your sponsor's address. From other posts I believe that you cannot use the temporary KTP.

To get the social visa outside of Indonesia, you just need the sponsor's letter, copy of their KTP and a picture. It can be done in a day in Singapore or KL. The Bali Advertiser has advertisements for visa agents.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Anyhow .. what do you sugest me to do ? (CHEAPEST) Can or can not make this 60 day into Sos. Bud. Visa ???
(sinceI plan to stay for only 30 days more till exiting for longer again - approx. 85 days in total)

If you only want to stay 30 days, just get the cheapest return ticket to anther country and pick up a VOA when you return.
If you want to stay longer you can extend your VOA by 30 days.
Then take a copy of all the paper work you need for a sobud visa for your next visit.(You must extend you sobud in the area of you sponsor KTP)

Last edited:

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
A few years ago when I started with social visa here I got the sponsor letter from my friend with Jakarta KTP. And I could do the extension here in Bali without any problems and without any agent.

Werner

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Bali is always a little different then the rest of Indonesia, The rule is you are visiting your sponsor & your extension are done were your sponsor KTP is from. If you tried to extend your sobud visa in Jakarta & the KTP was from Bali you would have problems. The same with a 60day tourist visa, some people have had it extended in Bali But try to extend it in Surabaya/ Jakarta it won't happen.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Today I was in Immigration Office in Tuban (100m in front of Airport Enterance) and was told (by official in uniform at helpdesk) that my 60day VISA is in fact Type of Visa: 211
Wich is same type as Sos. Bud VISA .. meaning that I will be able to extend it up to 4 times !!!

I just need to provide all necessary papers (Form No 23, Guarante Letter + Stamp Duty,Sponsorship Letter, Full size copy of: Passport,Visa,Arrival Stamp, Sponsor ID (I asked KTP or temporary KIPEM she said if you have KIPEM its OK)
I asked is the sponsor obligated to be from BALI, becouse my GF have KTP from Bogor, she said theat is NOT the problem!!

Just when I told my KOST adress (by adress they did not know where it was) but I said near Denpasar .. they then said to me that I need to apply for this at another Imm. Off. in Denpasar !! And was asked ... do I want to change my current residence adress or want to go to Denpasar to apply! I did not know what does it mean ATM since .. but he was politley pointing to me that in fact current place of residence (where I stayed) is quite irrelevant (but he cant say it to you that way behind the desk I guess) So "should I change my adress of residence or go to apply at Denpasar" ... he said to me ! ! I was looking at him lik .. WTF I wanted to chenge my residence .... and I said no ... I will try to apply in Denpasar !

But later I figured out that was just pro-form, your place of residence .. .since you can change it every 5 days theoreticly!

Tomrrow I am goingto Off. in Denpasar .. will se if they goint to be so helpful as in this one !

Last edited:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You looked a gift horse in the mouth & you said no!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both visa's are B211 & have never changed. When you filled out the paper work for your visa there was a box to tick, if you had a sponsor.
If you had a sponsor you would have received a sobud visa, No sponsor you should have received a tourist visa.
Because of this problem some countries only give 30day visa & allow you to extend it for anther 30days.
As I said money talks in Bali, 500,000rp should get your visa extended but you may need to shop around.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
This sounds kind of strange, but I suppose not untypical. Yes to every question, but finally, no you will have to go to Denpasar! My understanding and experience has always been that you have to apply at the immigration office closest to your sponsor's address. Well it will be interesting to hear what immigration in Denpasar have to say.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Was in Denpasar in Imm. Office ...
My 60 day VISa stamp in my passport (type: 211) IS ACTUALLY same type as SOS. BUD. VISA ! And CAN be extended (up to 4 times)! - confirmed !

And in immigration off. they was quite pleasant this time too!

BTW... one english guy after the woman at counter said to him that he need to bring copes of passport said to her *dont you have photocopy device in here ..bla bla " and started monologue debate ... :D Something like: why he needs to photocopy bla bla bla ...

I think that those westerners are too spoiled and many comes in shorts at office .. althought it is noted with CAPITAL LETTERS at entrance that you should be wearing pants etc etc ...
:icon_mrgreen:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
My impression was that he was asking odez999 to supply a closer address (like any cheap hotel in Kuta) so that they could go ahead and extend the visa.