dino

Mar 25, 2014
So just to clarify

"so if you looking for land as foreigher, drop a line to me, i have several location, and rental time 30 years, so enough for your enjoy/business you can use it for 30 years."

but

"if you refere to me, i NOT selling anything, becouse i am HONEST"

and us foreigher can't tell the difference becouse we are all idiots pffffffffffffffffffffftttt

seems you not know the different between SELL and RENT, now we coming somewhere, so the issue meaning in the tread is actually, ' foreigner RENTAL property appears to be LEGAL'

read first carefully what i did post, before you reply, it says RENTAL time is 30 years, NOT SELLING

i can understand the most foreighners get in trouble and loosing money, if they follow your ADVICE here.

dino

Mar 25, 2014
Gee Dino thanks so much for coming out of your cage to join the discussion - was it cage cleaning day?

Now take your keyboard and coat it in the spiciest sambal you can find an shove it right the way up there where the sun doesn't shine so you can taste those chilies on the back of your tongue.

If the forum needs another complete idiot we know where to find you.

you are the most idiot

posting lies, and hope foreighners trap into it

you evel, trying to put people into the got

but you know, all you do, comes back to yourself again, the black magic involved

davita

Mar 13, 2012
seems you not know the different between SELL and RENT, now we coming somewhere, so the issue meaning in the tread is actually, ' foreigner RENTAL property appears to be LEGAL'

read first carefully what i did post, before you reply, it says RENTAL time is 30 years, NOT SELLING

i can understand the most foreighners get in trouble and loosing money, if they follow your ADVICE here.

English is my primary language so don't try getting pedantic with me...I can eat you alive with words in the English language. i.e. 'Loosing' has no meaning...you either meant 'loosening' (contrary to tightening) or 'losing'. I could go on...but will refrain and ask the moderators to intervene.

Whether you are 'selling' or 'leasing' or 'renting'....this thread and forum is not the place for that activity. There is a Classified section for that.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
At least you might be better off than these unlucky folks in Thailand: Eviction threat for Australians who put life savings into Thai dream homes

Awful story about those expats in Thailand but, is that the same issue as we face here in Indonesia? I understood the Thai story is about the developer not actually owning the land as he had mortgaged to a bank..... but wouldn't any Thai investor face the same problem as the expats?

Here in RI foreigners face discrimination due to the law. Some other countries also use those same practices but I note, last week, Vietnam is changing similar laws to be in-line with other progressive countries like Malaysia.
So long as the ordinary citizen is protected from speculators both those countries welcome foreign investment in property.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Awful story about those expats in Thailand but, is that the same issue as we face here in Indonesia? I understood the Thai story is about the developer not actually owning the land as he had mortgaged to a bank..... but wouldn't any Thai investor face the same problem as the expats?

Here in RI foreigners face discrimination due to the law. Some other countries also use those same practices but I note, last week, Vietnam is changing similar laws to be in-line with other progressive countries like Malaysia.
So long as the ordinary citizen is protected from speculators both those countries welcome foreign investment in property.

D you got any sources on that? I could google it but feck google...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
D you got any sources on that? I could google it but feck google...

Sorry...don't understand...what source on what...my comment about Thailand, Vietnam or Malaysia? Happy to help if I knew what you meant.

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
Renting is selling a service or offering a facility for money, and whilst you are saying you are not selling anything, you are offering a service for money, and as Dear Ole Davy says, you are being pedantic, but as you probably don't know what that means anyway, who cares.

I can't see where I actually offered advice, but I do have some advice for you and it involves a pretty complicated sexual act requiring a fair amount of athletic dexterity.

I can't be bothered to insult you any further than that, so I will leave it those who do it so much better.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Renting is selling a service or offering a facility for money, and whilst you are saying you are not selling anything, you are offering a service for money, and as Dear Ole Davy says, you are being pedantic, but as you probably don't know what that means anyway, who cares.

I can't see where I actually offered advice, but I do have some advice for you and it involves a pretty complicated sexual act requiring a fair amount of athletic dexterity.

I can't be bothered to insult you any further than that, so I will leave it those who do it so much better.

"complicated sexual act' and 'athletic dexterity'. The innuendo really 'turns me ON'...please insult everybody as much as you like BSB...it gratifies this 'Dear Ole Davy' ....:devilish:

marklindsay

Mar 19, 2014
All of the above is not helped by Balinese land agents advertising VILLAS, HOUSES , LAND .......FOR SALE.
And the worst are the agents using prominent Western real estate brands.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I thought magic mushrooms were banned? Where do you obtain your supplies?

many supply places even 2 in Sanur that I know of

There you go normy...PM smoke for your quest on the magic mushrooms but don't ask him about any whore-houses in Sanur.... 'coz, according to another thread, he doesn't know they exist..:icon_e_surprised:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
All of the above is not helped by Balinese land agents advertising VILLAS, HOUSES , LAND .......FOR SALE.
And the worst are the agents using prominent Western real estate brands.

Interesting your nic can be reduced to MLS (in western parlance... Multi Listing System).
Can you elaborate your point as it makes little sense. Why wouldn't realtors advertise such and how else can they sell? There are many Balinese people involved in selling property...do you deny them their job?

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
"complicated sexual act' and 'athletic dexterity'. The innuendo really 'turns me ON'...please insult everybody as much as you like BSB...it gratifies this 'Dear Ole Davy' ....:devilish:

Randy Ould Sod!
Ok I'll bite, send a recent photo, NO Speedos or 'budgie smugglers', a copy of your latest Angiogram and a scan of your bank balance as of this morning and we'll see if romance develops.

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
Interesting your nic can be reduced to MLS (in western parlance... Multi Listing System).
Can you elaborate your point as it makes little sense. Why wouldn't realtors advertise such and how else can they sell? There are many Balinese people involved in selling property...do you deny them their job?

Naw Uncle, I think the poster is ruing the fact that there are adverts claiming 'FOR SALE' which implies that anyone can stroll into a real estate company outlet and BUY land and property, at no point during any initial spiel or bumff do they state clearly that foreigners cannot own the muck they want to live on.
Nobody wants to deny folks the right to work and earn a bob or ten, but during my last visit I was accosted at Sanur by a very pushy tout flogging 'new villas' at Ubud and I was asbolutely assured that yes I could own the land and sell it onwards at will.
Said tout lost interest when I asked if I could have that in writing.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think everyone here knows foreigners can't own freehold property here and anyone who goes down the nominee path knows the risks involved. If however someone wants to use a nominee then should at least make the agreement they have as strong as possible. I don't believe just because a foreigner is involved they will instantly lose in a court. A foreigner can get their name on the certificate (Hak Tanggungan) not as owner, but as lender of the money, just like a bank would. It would then be illegal for the nominee to sell without the foreigner's permission.

Don't just believe foreigners have ownership problems here. Locals can easily run into the same problem if the notary handling the transaction doesn't do their job. I have heard of properties having like five certificates all to different owners. Notaries are supposed to act independently between the buyer and seller, but of course it doesn't always happen. Getting independent legal help is one way to put yourself in a stronger position.

At least you might be better off than these unlucky folks in Thailand: Eviction threat for Australians who put life savings into Thai dream homes

Spicy I agree with this whole-heartedly and would further suggest that the example you show of problems in Thailand were largely caused not by the Thai system or laws but by a Brit klepto-property developer - note the buying of a new house in the British Midlands... say no more!