pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Well, when I did a BoliPod search for "eBay Indonesia" I didn't find what I was looking for but I did see some interesting posts from 5+ years ago. It was almost like a history lesson.

I'm looking for an Apple laptop computer and thought I'd try eBay. What I'd like to know is whether the eBay Indonesia site is defunct. I cannot get past the home page. When I try to do a search I get a dialog box saying "this page is having some technical problem."

I'd also be interested in any advice on where to go for an Apple laptop computer.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I once helped a friend find service for an Apple computer in Denpasar. The main location was on Jalan Imam Bonjol on the west side halfway between Kuta and Denpasar. They also had an outlet in the Discovery Centre - so that one could be easier to find.
The website for Rimo Trade Center (RTC) which is RTC Bali - Rimo Trade Center - Toko Komputer Online di Bali - Menjual Laptop, Notebook, Netbook, Printer, Network, Modem, Server, Software, Speaker, Flash Disk, Monitor does list Apple, but I could not find any details.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You could try the US or Australian based ebay site. The people in the US though, might not be willing to ship to Indonesia. Might be easier to deal with Australian sellers and email them in advance to see if they will ship to Bali.

The Indonesia ebay site is not working for me also.

I haven't had a chance to visit this store yet http://www.pcmax.co.id but the prices they sent me seemed reasonable.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Thanks RonB and Spicy,
I'll go to Denpasar on Friday and look for the place you mentioned, Ron.

I've seen some good prices for computers on the Australian and the U.S. eBay sites but wondered whether I'll get stuck with a huge amount of duty. I'm not too worried about shipping since my son can ship the computer from Australia, just concerned about getting it through customs. Could this be a problem?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thanks RonB and Spicy,
I'll go to Denpasar on Friday and look for the place you mentioned, Ron.

I've seen some good prices for computers on the Australian and the U.S. eBay sites but wondered whether I'll get stuck with a huge amount of duty. I'm not too worried about shipping since my son can ship the computer from Australia, just concerned about getting it through customs. Could this be a problem?

Yes - an import duty is payable on computers. If someone was travelling and brought it like their personal computer - that would be easy - but I would hesitate to ship it because customs is likely to over-value it and charge the import tax on an inflated price. There is not much you can do.

I would check out what seems to be a good model and price via eBay or similar, work out the Rupiah price - then go to a local dealer with all this in mind and see how you go. Hopefully, they will give you a price that is close, then you can buy locally and depend on going back to them for service and advice.

There is this site - Apple Resellers - Indonesia Macintosh Society - that lists Apple re-sellers. They have 3 for Bali, and none seem to be the one I remember on Jl Imam Bonjol. The third in their list has a web page with contact details - Nyama Bali SOHO - Indonesia Macintosh Society They give lat/lon location so I have attached the Google Earth pic of where this is - right near the airport. But there is also a phone number, so you could call before you go searching

Attachments

• nyama-bali-soho.jpg
    nyama-bali-soho.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 110

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
I
'd also be interested in any advice on where to go for an Apple laptop computer

Hello Polyannna,did you check the Apple store in Ubud?It is at the east end of main street,opposite the Ubud property real estate office.On the south side of the street,50 meters from the Peliatan intersection.
good luck!

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
RonB, you have been a big help and I appreciate it. I have sent an email to Nyama Bali asking if they have the computers in stock. Hopefully I'll hear back from them. I noticed that iPhones are also in their list so hopefully I can kill two birds with one stone or is that shoot two apples with one arrow.

@Hermit, I haven't been into the PCMax Ubud store recently. I was in there many months ago and the guy didn't seem to have much stock. But I'll go in the morning. After all, its only 5 minutes away so its easy enough to do. Thank you.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
PCMax are really your only option as far as Macs go here, Singapore is the best place to buy them as they're assembled there and are a little cheaper so you could look at getting a air asia flight and pick one up. As far as customer service and warranty issues go PCmax can not be trusted. I've had a number of dealings with them where they have tried o rip me off

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
I have sent an email to Nyama Bali asking if they have the computers in stock. Hopefully I'll hear back from them. I noticed that iPhones are also in their list so hopefully I can kill two birds with one stone or is that shoot two apples with one arrow.

Hi Pollyanna.
I've just joined this forum after noticing your post here to be able to respond. I do not see any email from anyone around the date of your post. Please double check your sent items and resend the email.

As Ronb has mention detail + map to my office, you are welcomed to drop by. I'm based by appointment so its best to call first.
Thank you Ronb for referring me :)

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Well, when I did a BoliPod search for "eBay Indonesia" I didn't find what I was looking for but I did see some interesting posts from 5+ years ago. It was almost like a history lesson....

Yes, our most prolific poster, Roy was around at that time. :icon_razz:

Hi Roy, if you pop in to read occasionally. :icon_e_geek:

Edit: just noticed Pollyanna posted the original message in September last year... where have I been?

Last edited:

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Yes, our most prolific poster, Roy was around at that time. :icon_razz:

Hi Roy, if you pop in to read occasionally. :icon_e_geek:

Edit: just noticed Pollyanna posted the original message in September last year... where have I been?

Matsaleh, you've been doing major renovations to a hotel and entertaining Balipodders in Sanur. I think you've had your hands full.

@ Nyama Bali, I cannot check messages from that time because I was on someone else's computer since mine, having been stolen, was wandering around Bali in the cruel grip of the Bad Guy. If I need any service in the future I'll be happy to let you know and set up an appointment.

For anyone looking for Apple Macs in the end I went to PC Mac. I was in the hands of someone kind enough to drive me around the intimidating streets of Denpasar and speak BI for me so I didn't want to impose to much by asking him to search out too many places.

I ended up buying a MacBook Pro and paid a reasonable price for the computer. Hopefully I won't need any service from PC Mac based on what Spicyayam said about them.