balilover09

Oct 11, 2011
Hey guys,
just wondering im going to bali on a tourist visa for 60 days and plan on extending it as im not sure when im returning i havent bought a return ticket home
will i be hasseled at either airport about not having a return ticket? should i get one?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
It is usually a requirement to have a ticket to somewhere outside of Indonesia.
Many people buy a one-way ticket from Medan-Penang, (or whatever the cheapest available ticket is at the time).

If you don't want to do that, you might need to buy a more expensive return ticket, one that allows you to change your return date within a specified time (6months, 12 months).
Most airlines apply a charge for this, but it's the simplest way.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
When you applied for your 60 day tourist visa you need a copy of your return ticket? It should have a return date no more than 60 days?
Legally you can not extend a 60day tourist visa (thats why its called 60 days)
If you applied for a sobud visa your return ticket can be up to 6 months.

balilover09

Oct 11, 2011
thanks guys i bought the return just to be safe :)

were getting our visa through an agent she said we didnt need one but heard some stroies and got one just to be safe we havent picked up the visas yet but since she will be acting as our sponser i think we will recieve the sobud visa

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
hey im not sure but im know coming in from Sydney you need a return ticket otherwise they wont let u on the flight in bali im pertty sure it ok sorry not much help

On one flight from somewhere in Oz, can't remember where, the agent didn't want to let us fly even though we could plainly show her our Balinese address, Indonesian driver's license, and our KITAS. She was so programmed that everyone going to Bali must have a return ticket that she couldn't think past that. It wasn't doing any good to say we didn't have a return ticket to Australia. We were trying to get on the "return" flight and that Bali was home. Weird.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
On one flight from somewhere in Oz, can't remember where, the agent didn't want to let us fly even though we could plainly show her our Balinese address, Indonesian driver's license, and our KITAS. She was so programmed that everyone going to Bali must have a return ticket that she couldn't think past that. It wasn't doing any good to say we didn't have a return ticket to Australia. We were trying to get on the "return" flight and that Bali was home. Weird.

Had exactly the same experience with an extremely rude Jetstar staff member; "but you have to have a return" my answer was I have, using my return to GO HOME!!!!!! also produced licence, bank account and kitas, had to get her supervisor.....who thankfully put the situation right.....:icon_rolleyes:

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
The tourist visa is for 30 days. you must visit the immigration office a few days before it expires to extend it. its not initially valid for 60 days. Of course theres a
fee, i think its 250,000 but as the form is in indonesian you will need an local agent who will charge you for the service

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Had exactly the same experience with an extremely rude Jetstar staff member; "but you have to have a return" my answer was I have, using my return to GO HOME!!!!!! also produced licence, bank account and kitas, had to get her supervisor.....who thankfully put the situation right.....:icon_rolleyes:

Immigration had no concerns about me not having a return ticket however air asia wouldnt let me on the flight until I produced the ticket.. Obviously I couldnt because there was none. Tried lying ym way through it, its in my emails, its with another airline etc. Had a letter saying it wasnt neccesary ended up having to buy a ticket at the airport (with the manager involved) for the expiry date of when my visa would have been invalid if i hadnt used it instead of the 60 days or 6 months.. Was told unless I could produce or purchase a ticket i wasnt boarding that flight.