Hello,

I'm currently in Bali and need something to get shipped to me asap from my home country. DHL express costs 60 EUR which is fine but I don't have an address here yet, what can I do?

-is it possible to get it shipped to the DHL office Jln legian and pick it up from there?

-do they ship to a hotel adress? Problem there is that I don't know how long it would take, they say "2 days in transit" but that leaves open how long it takes from Jakarta to bali etc.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: tried calling them ofc, they don't accept calls from overseas to their hot line though.

Last edited:
I've had deliveries to a hotel address via DHL. If they say 2 days, then it will be 2 days or less; the service is very fast. I ordered a replacement visa card from Australia previously and it arrived the next day!

Thanks, had someone call them on my behalf and they basically said the same. Will report with the outcome for future reference.

Avoid DHL.

If it's a letter or documents they will deliver. If it's a parcel with valuables then it will get stuck in customs until you pay the import tax.

well that is at least partially useful, thanks. So can I go and claim it back from customs? Or would I get a notice from DHL telling me that it's been held, as right now I don't have any idea if that's even the case. And where would I need to go anyway, the airport?

BTW received two other shipments just fine this week, one letter and one package.

You would get a notice from DHL telling you how much you need to pay. I guess you have checked the position of your package through DHL's website with your tracking number? What does it say there?

it just says tracking isn't supported in indonesia, so tracking stopped once it left frankfurt airport... Is there like one main custom office I could go to (at the airport maybe)?

promised but super late update:

Package never arrived or showed up in tracking, 2 months later it turned up as "undeliverable" back in my home country at the sender's though.
I've since gotten a couple of packages through regular mail and never had any problems, always took about 2 weeks.

Regular house (or villa depending who you ask haha). Don't think it was the hotel's fault since we went there and asked every single day and at some point I'm sure everyone working the reception knew to be on the lookout for it (we even provided a detailed description how it looked), plus they got mail and even packages for other guests all the time.

Just for information: you can use the German tracking number on the Pos Indonesia website.
Notices that a shipment is in customs are sent by mail and these get lost more often than not.

?: I think DHL mess this one up, if its the customs doing, they could easily notify you and you could settle it with the custom.
There's a reason people pay DHL extra and that's to track down the package and they screw you big time in this case.

Back