he pays the media to shut up and pay the cops and everything will be fine, if not his fucked. its the unwriten law pay every one off and you get off don't and you end up stuck in jail. T.I.I or in this case T.I.B

Not being 'in the know' on street prices I have no reason to doubt that.

cut-up and mixed with babypowder to max it to 5kg, and then the price of it by the gram..it still would only be 500K euro in NL.

Isn't the price for cocaine cheaper in the Netherlands? Gilbert, what is the streetvalue per gram in the Netherlands and in Bali? Somehow I think it's more expensive here. Not sure though.

Last edited:
Anyway, we don't need this in Bali. If people living in or visiting Bali need to get high on manufactured drugs like cocaine in order to enjoy life here, then they are better off staying home. If they want to traffic drugs into Bali, then throw the book at them.

Haven't been back for quite a while, but keep pretty well informed just because of the business I am in (not cocaine).
It's actually 70 euro for a gram of cocaine, I just took a hundred to make the calculation a bit easier to follow,
and who knows maybe the quality of what was in that suitcase was so good it could have been cut up to 6 kg total
(still nowhere near the quoted price of 1.6million pounds, LOL).

Here on Bali I stay far away from any kind of drugs, I mean I don't use it and don't touch it..
But somehow the people who are into drugs (not users) always seem to be attracted to me..
Anyways, the price of cocaine on Bali...I have no idea but I doubt it's 3 or 4 times as expensive then back in NL..
Sabu/crystal meth (not mixed with rocksalt or sugar) is being sold for 2.5jt a gram wich is about 2,5 times as expensive then in NL..
so my best guess is that the value of cocaine would be multiplied by the same factor.

Terrible for the child .. . what the F@#k where the perants thinking doing this with a 6 year old in bali with them

Julian Ponder, 43, and Rachel Dougall, 38, are among four UK citizens held by Indonesian police accused of trying to smuggle 11lb of the drug onto Bali from Bangkok as part of an international trafficking gang.

Family members in Britain have been desperately trying to check that the couple’s young daughter is safe.

She is currently being looked after by Miss Dougall and Mr Ponder’s maid and gardener, who say they have not told her the truth about what has happened to her parents.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office said officials from the British Consulate in Bali have visited the girl and will continue to provide assistance.

But the FCO refused to confirm whether it is planning to fly her back to relatives in the UK

Bali drug arrests: diplomats visit couple's child, aged 6 - Telegraph

4,7kg worth 1.6 million british pounds...yeah right, hahaha

Amusing. Balinese calculator? It's wrong by a factor of 10 in the UK (about £180k street value in UK) if the papers are to be believed (£35-40/gram in Liverpool). What's a '0' anyway when you're going down for life?!?!?
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Who would risk 25 years in an Indonesian prison (or death) for maybe £5-10k mule fee??

Love the smile on the Balinese Policeman behind the granny (photo about 1/2 way down the Daily Mail article with her heads in her hands). He's just won the lottery and you can tell from his face he's already spent the kick backs from this tip off arrest on a new motorbike, laptop and 2 fighting roosters......

jaffa
using. Balinese calculator? It's wrong by a factor of 10 in the UK (about £180k street value in UK) if the papers are to be believed (£35-40/gram in Liverpool). What's a '0' anyway when you're going down for life?!?!?
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Who would risk 25 years in an Indonesian prison (or death) for maybe £5-10k mule fee??

Well we all know the media and police like to exagerate these figures . . Its not really the important figure . . 4.8 kgs of cocaine is a good haul though. .
I agree i wouldnt risk my life or spending the rest of my life in a indo prison for any figure of money. .
But all their lives are pretty much over now . . .

Last edited:
Terrible for the child .. . what the F@#k where the perants thinking doing this with a 6 year old in bali with them

I agree. This is a tragedy. I have an adorable five year old daughter and could never imagine in a million years risking her future for my own avarice and addiction. Looking for a positive, hopefully this child's extended family in the UK will give her the kind of upbringing she apparently lacked in Bali.

I agree. This is a tragedy. I have an adorable five year old daughter and could never imagine in a million years risking her future for my own avarice and addiction. Looking for a positive, hopefully this child's extended family in the UK will give her the kind of upbringing she apparently lacked in Bali.

She would probably be better off with the maid and gardener who are currently taking care of her. Yes, I do understand that is a glib comment and I know nothing about the situation of these suspects but the Balinese do know a thing or two about raising kids well.

since the 'get out of jail card' will be sold at a percentage of the bust (the quoted value of the bust that is), then that figure does matter a bit for the ones that got caught..

Very early to make a judgement.

since the 'get out of jail card' will be sold at a percentage of the bust (the quoted value of the bust that is), then that figure does matter a bit for the ones that got caught..
But if she is guilty of trafficing or possession, she deserves all she gets. Her daughter on the other hand deserves NONE of any of what she will be put through.

It is amazing what people will risk, even their children's well being, for a quick high or a few dollars. For her daughter's sake I hope she didn't do anything so utterly stupid!!

Back