Bernie

Jul 17, 2015
In a previous post it was suggested that Sanur is for the more 'mature age' expats. I would imagine everyone has their own view on what area attracts what style of people.
Soo, share with me your view on Sanur, Kuta, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua etc, I am interested in your take on it :)

Please

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
So Ubud does not make your list, so I won't try and characterize those who drift this direction.

Bernie

Jul 17, 2015
Aww, Ronb, apologies, that's why I put the etc in my post, my alzhiemers wouldn't allow me to think of every area at that particular point in time lol. I would love you take on Ubud, its lovely up that way :). I of course have my own classification for the areas but wanted others after all, our perspectives are all so different.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
I don't think you can classify it by someones "age". More just what area they prefer .. . .

I think many "mature" people as you put it, prefer Legian over Sanur and there are younger people who prefer Sanur.

One thing I read a few months ago that I found hilarious was that the "hipsters" of Canggu had an ongoing feud with the hippies of Ubud. I don't think there are any age restrictions on being a Hipster or a Hippy.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Bernie, that is a very hard "general" question to answer. Ron B is 10+ years older than me and Rangi is 20+ years younger. We are all still good mates.
It is not actually the area it is about your own attitude.
I love Sanur, I also like going to Ubud to meet with Ron. I love having a beer with Rangi. Especially when he goes to order another beer and I can play with his girlfriend's beautiful little bum.
Come to Sanur and check it all out, I will happily shown you around the place.
OKAY OKAY, To be honest Rangi's bum is pretty good as well.
**** now I have started a hassle..Ron, your bum is cute as well.
My wife just said "get to bed you drunken fool. Cheers Crew.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
[MENTION=9978]no.idea[/MENTION] #5

Before you hide under the covers I think you forgot to mention Markit's bum...he'll be very disappointed. From your previous observations I imagine a well rounded soft camembert that smells like gorgonzola...:hypnotysed:

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Bernie it is difficult (as you can see) for us to define your preferences. If you could define generally what it is you are seeking, then those of us that know Bali well can be more helpful. Personally I live in West Bali, and wouldn't trade it for elsewhere, but many would not agree. Their particular agenda wouldn't fit.

Bernie

Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys, however I wasn't personally asking for a particular reason other than curiosity on what YOUR take on the different areas where. Someone classified Sanur as the 'more mature area' in a previous post and it got me thinking. Life is what you make it, and none is far away in the scheme of things.
I did read on a facebook page yesterday an article, while it had more information it was summed up as 'who is it for' as follows
Seminyak
Moderately wealthier travellers, people who prefer a not so crowded beach, people who like a good but not hectic nightlife scene
Ubud
People who prefer green valleys to the beach, people who like arsts, culture and historical places, honeymooners
Kuta Beach
Low to medium budget travellers, surfers and people who like being close to the beach, clubbers and people who prefer an assorted dining scene
Legian
Budget to moderately wealthy travellers, people who prefer to stay near a beach that is quieter than kuta, partygoers, shoppers and people who prefer a great food scene.
Jimaran
Wealthy travellers, honeymooners, people who prefer a stay with coastal views and direct beachfront access, people who prefer great seafood dining options
Nusa Dua
Wealthy travellers, families and honeymooners, people looking for direct beachfront access, people who prefer a whole resort experience during their stay without much exploration outside their hotel
Sanur
Moderately wealthy travellers, honeymooners and retirees, people who prefer direct beachfront access, people who prefer less action and more relaxation
Candidasa
Medium budget to wealthy travellers, couples and honeymooners, people looking to escape the common crowds of the south, divers, sightseers and people interested in heritage Balinese arts and culture
Denpasar
Budget to midrange budget travellers and backpackers, people who like a sense of culture and nostalgia, business travellers

It goes on to list good and bad, you can read the full article on Bali Addiction facebook page :)

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I wouldn't disagree with that facebook report but think it has more to do with tourists and visitors. I thought the OP was asking for impressions from those that live in Bali.
If that is the case I suggest most expats don't actually live in Petitenget, Seminyak, Kuta, Legian or Nusa Dua....unless they bought property there many years ago.
Most of those I know, who have permanent homes, live in Ubud, Sanur, Kerobokan, Umulas, Batu Belig and Canggu. My Javanese driver calls Umulas 'Kampung Bule'.
Drive any day down Umulas 1 or 2 and note how many pale or sunburned faces pass.....lots....go into any warung/coffee shop/pubs on Jl. Semer in Kerobokan and measure the expat customers against locals or obvious tourists...lots.

Bernie

Jul 17, 2015
Agree Davita that the article was definitely aimed at tourists, interesting take none the less.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I actually find the post by Bernie about various locations to be humorous plus VERY incorrect.
Who ever wrote that must have been drinking more alcohol that I do.
I do however like the reference to Sanur and mature.
I agree with Davita this report may possibly refer to tourists, it is not about expats.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
I love having a beer with Rangi. Especially when he goes to order another beer and I can play with his girlfriend's beautiful little bum.

I use to wonder why every time we went to Sanur to visit you that when we got home she was feeling so Randy and I would get some action. I did not realize my good friend was pre heating the oven for me. It all makes sense now !

OKAY OKAY, To be honest Rangi's bum is pretty good as well

She asked me one day why I was always also so Randy also when getting back from Sanur.. .. Luckily for me she does not read this forum so our secret it safe.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I use to wonder why every time we went to Sanur to visit you that when we got home she was feeling so Randy and I would get some action. I did not realize my good friend was pre heating the oven for me. It all makes sense now !

She asked me one day why I was always also so Randy also when getting back from Sanur.. .. Luckily for me she does not read this forum so our secret it safe.

Good response Rangi...I'm impressed....but can we see more of your pictures...especially on this subject of Randy. Btw... do you have any comment on No.ideas posterior...seeing as it 'delighted' you?

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Hang on hang on. This thread was going great while we were mentioning Rangi's girlfriend and her bum. Now you wierdos have all turned gay!