davita

Mar 13, 2012
That's OK Markit...I was sure you knew the details but maybe read-into something else. I just wanted to establish how it works for anyone not well informed.

I'm not surprised if some agent, outside the main cities, was willing to undercut...seems like all agents operate as a franchise and control the lucrative business and the gov't conspires...I'm sure my Rp7.5M gets widely spread!

I was even told by my agent, whom I trust, that many unregistered agents take the business to his Co. to do the transaction with immigrasi.....and then take a cut....!

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
UPDATE

NEED:

- PASSPORT
- 2 PICTURES (do not need to be red background)
- ENTER TICKET
- EXIT TICKET
- APPLICATION FORM (take it in there)
- PHOTOCOPY OF PASSPORT (fron pages + page where is stamp that you entered malyasia)
- 170 ringgit (no other currency)

+ "A guarantee of the available of funds to cover living expenses while in Indonesia (e.g the last 3 months bank statements or traveller's cheque)"

A guy working on the counter asked me to provide this "guarantee of the available of funds" as now it is needed !
And said that statement of money exchanged of at least minimum cca 500$ from Malyasian ringgit (or any other currency) would be enough !
Minimum of 500$ month is needed for 30 day tourist visa he said ! (I did noit asked but logicly for 60day visa it would need to provide/have minimum 1000$.. I guess)

I found this on their Kuala Lumpur embassy pages (29.11.13) I do not remeber if it was there before or newly added:

b11nmcacoz9vkhlfwsf6.jpg

While on Singapore embassy weba pages is no needed !

hekvk0r6z4vlh9hp92ug.jpg

+ employee in embassy "noted" (said) that I am in Indonesia too long .... whatever that meant ! Was asking what I was doing in indonesia etc etc ...
(not so "smooth" as previous times)

And I noted that Embassy was strangly empty .. for 2 days in prime hours ... seems like no one applied for anything ... compared to 2 times before (6 month and 1 year ago when all embassy was crowded)

My preordered next day ticket ... wasted (its only round 60$ .. but still ....)

Bottom line ... recheck anything ... coz seems like policies changing rather quick .... what worth 6 months ago aint worth now !

Now looks like 2 day run is a quite gambling ... since you never know what to expect on counter .... I mean better take 3 day ... for this visa run :) !

And if this policy is different than Singaporean (seems like in singapore they do not need "proof of funds" ... jet) .. then it would be after all cheaper (best buy) to do it in Singapore after all ! More hussle free ...

Attachments

• kl.jpg
    kl.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 75
  • sin1.jpg
    sin1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 80

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
For moderator .. please coudl you add this RED note to requirements on fromnt page of this post ! (UPDATE it so it is up to date) .. THX

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I just had my sosbud done in Penang on Nov.7 and pick upef on the 8th
No lines and a very helpful and attentive staff.
I even forgot to make a copy of my exit ticket and all was approved.

Not show or asked about "living expenses or funds"

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Perhaps the staff in KL are trying to push people towards agencies as in Singapore?

My nasty suspicious mind sees that as a nice little earner for all parties as opposed to doing it the normal way where only the gov earns.

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Great idea on doing the visa in Penang ( friend calling to make sure of times) Lang Kawi looks great will try to fit it in also ,if not will definetly do it in 6 months

Has anyone done a VITAS (for a new KITAS) in Penang, of so, how long did it take?

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
I have only done a regular SOSBUD in Penang

Thanks, I have emailed them, they aren't answering their phone, did see their stats for 2011, they did 212 VITAS (KITAS), so worked out they must do them, but the timing is what I need to know now. If I get a reply will post here for others.

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Hi all, Penang didn't get back to us, so rang Jakarta immigration and they said they can send our telex for our KITAS to Penang embassy, so we will be going to Penang in May, will report how it went

ertert

Jul 24, 2010
****WARNING TOURIST VISA NOT AVAILABLE IN KL**** OP directions perfect but only visas (since couple of months I was

told) is Tourist visa of 30 days extendable by 30 days only same as visa on arrival what is the point??? Or Social visa with

letter from sponsor for 2 months extend X 4 as usual. Anyone had success in Singapore or Penang recently as each embassy

is different...$300 visa on arrival HOOOORRRRAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Nice town though, drowning my sorrows in tigers....

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I was just in Penang just over 2 months go for my sosbud .They are very helpful there and even help fill out my application(very fast processing if you ask politly shhh) . Several people there were applying and recieving a 60 day VOA. No idea on what they paid for it.

ps: just did 1st extension and still have not had to visit immigration for fingerprints nor has my sponsor ever been called

sugarbear

Mar 4, 2011
I was just in Penang just over 2 months go for my sosbud .They are very helpful there and even help fill out my application(very fast processing if you ask politly shhh) . Several people there were applying and recieving a 60 day VOA. No idea on what they paid for it.

ps: just did 1st extension and still have not had to visit immigration for fingerprints nor has my sponsor ever been called

My experience has been that you have to visit immigration to have your picture and fingerprints taken on your SECOND extension.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
My experience has been that you have to visit immigration to have your picture and fingerprints taken on your SECOND extension.

ok let me rephase it I have never ever had my fingerprints or photo taken at immigration for any of my sosbud extensions nor has my sponsor ever been called or had to visit immigration as my sponsor .

sugarbear

Mar 4, 2011
Given the uniformity and efficiency with with the government and all it's branches work I am not surprised. Just be happy and quiet . . .

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
****WARNING TOURIST VISA NOT AVAILABLE IN KL****

OP directions perfect but only visas (since couple of months I was

told) is Tourist visa of 30 days extendable by 30 days only same as visa on arrival what is the point??? Or Social visa with

letter from sponsor for 2 months extend X 4 as usual. Anyone had success in Singapore or Penang recently as each embassy

is different...$300 visa on arrival HOOOORRRRAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Nice town though, drowning my sorrows in tigers....

It is business ...this visas and all that crap ... and they constantly changing it ... (read complicating it)
Yes i did it in Singapore 2 months ago ... 3 days you need !
Moderator please stick this on front page !

You can see .. in some immigration offices they take fingerprints .. in others dont ! In some case you need 3 photos in some 2 .. and after a year or so none is required .... Sometimes you need sponsor KIPP sometimes KTP .. sometimes both ....
Sometimes like this sometimes like that ....

I still dont know how foreigners suceed to conduct any proper legit business in here !?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
It is business ...this visas and all that crap ... and they constantly changing it ... (read complicating it)
Yes i did it in Singapore 2 months ago ... 3 days you need !
Moderator please stick this on front page !

You can see .. in some immigration offices they take fingerprints .. in others dont ! In some case you need 3 photos in some 2 .. and after a year or so none is required .... Sometimes you need sponsor KIPP sometimes KTP .. sometimes both ....
Sometimes like this sometimes like that ....

I still dont know how foreigners suceed to conduct any proper legit business in here !?

Its easy you just need the correct visa. Tourist visa & Sosbud visa are not for business.
KL has been only giving one month visa's for more then a year, if you don't use a agent you only pay the same in every country, the Indonesian government sets the price in Rp.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Its easy you just need the correct visa. Tourist visa & Sosbud visa are not for business.
KL has been only giving one month visa's for more then a year, if you don't use a agent you only pay the same in every country, the Indonesian government sets the price in Rp.

More than a year ... well thats what I call consistency !

Correct me if I am wrong .. but this guy was applying for tourist 211 type of visa (no mater 30 or 60 days) which you can then (that type 211 sticker/visa) extend by 4 times (up to 4 months) when you are in Indonesia ...(making it SOS budaya ... by giving your sponsorship letter with copy of sponsor KIPP/KTP)

But so far I understood .. they told him he can only get 30 day visa .. which ONLY can be extended up to 30 days more !
Which is basicly same as VOA stamp which you could get on airport (if you are from country which is on VOA list for Indonesia)

Well I dont know if he asked what kind of type visa he will get (type 211 sticker or .. same sort of stamp .. or some sort of new sticker/visa ... ) ?

Because SOS Budaya (social visa) and Tourist visa which you get in embassy abroad (in embassy) is the same thing !
Different is only for SOS budaya you need to provide 2 more papers (guarantee letter from sponsor and his ID, KTP/KIPP) and then you are on social budaya visa !

Do all what you can do now .. coz who knows what will be next year .. or two .. maybee some sort of .. coup d'etat ... like in near by Thailand !
"Rules" changing and ink still did not dried on paper !

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Tourist 60 day visa & VOA is the same, no need for a sponsor
some agent & sleeping immigration in Bali will allow you to extend it with a sponsor later, this is illegal.

Sosbud is different, to apply you need a sponsor letter & there name will be printed on your sticker in you passport