spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
When I was doing visa runs, KL seemed to have least friendly embassy staff. Having said that I only ever went to KL, Penang and Singapore and in Singapore I used an agent. As Smoke says, Penang were always very helpful and friendly. Singapore is nice, but everything is so expensive. I have read some positive reports of Bangkok, but no agents, so that is where I would probably head if I needed a visa. I have to admit that I miss those short trips out of the country.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Tourist 60 day visa & VOA is the same, no need for a sponsor
some agent & sleeping immigration in Bali will allow you to extend it with a sponsor later, this is illegal.

Sosbud is different, to apply you need a sponsor letter & there name will be printed on your sticker in you passport

They told me in immigration in Denpasar that tourist visa (type 211) is the same type of visa as sos budaya (211) .. and if you or not have printed sponsor name on visa sticker it is able to extend it up to 4 times (but as a SOS budaya) I did it few times in last 2-3 years !

Tourist visa (type 211) can be 30 day or 60 day ! Depending on their good will ...

anyhow .. seems nowdays it is better to have sponsor if you are going for visa run !

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
They told me in immigration in Denpasar that tourist visa (type 211) is the same type of visa as sos budaya (211) .. and if you or not have printed sponsor name on visa sticker it is able to extend it up to 4 times (but as a SOS budaya) I did it few times in last 2-3 years !

Tourist visa (type 211) can be 30 day or 60 day ! Depending on their good will ...

anyhow .. seems nowdays it is better to have sponsor if you are going for visa run !

Hi all

Just got back from Penang and we did our KITAS (new one, after 6th time you have to leave and country and do a new one) in 24 hours, no extra to pay, went in before 12noon, told to come back in the morning, no plane ticket required. Met a couple doing a 60 days tourist visa, they didn't seem to have any problems, were sent away to get 2 x 4 photos, came back and put in their application, not sure when they were to pick it up, but if they can process a KITAS that quick then I presume a VOA is just as quick.

I did note a tourist not dressed properly and a bit abrupt was sent away, we dressed in business attire, spoke polite Indonesian and they were very helpful, they even said you should have done a KITAP, chatted a bit about Bali and told to come back in the morning. Only had to wait after taking a number for about 10 minutes, to pick up passports with VISA in them was just straight to the desk and passports brought out in 2 minutes.

Cheers

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Yes klaatu. Previously my sponsor scanned and emailed a copy of my sponsor letter directly to the Consulate in Sydney, along with a copy of his KTP. I forgot to take the sponsor letter with me before I left Bali.

ertert

Jul 24, 2010
Yes klaatu. Previously my sponsor scanned and emailed a copy of my sponsor letter directly to the Consulate in Sydney, along with a copy of his KTP. I forgot to take the sponsor letter with me before I left Bali.

I didn't end up getting the social visa. I thought I could use the sponsor letter on the forum, fill in my sponsors details

but I could not get a copy of their KTP at short notice so I didn't bother. Off to Bangkok in 2 months to try again.

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
kitas Hi forum Members I am currently waiting on first renewal of retirement Kitas now 5 weeks, time isn't a problem but concerned about cost ?heard rumors about Rp 10 million..... thanks in advance

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Fraid the rumours are true and this time they're getting real pissy about documents too - whatever you do don't give them anything with "travel insurance" on it. That 10 milli does include the multi entry/exit visa.

Oh if we just had someone fighting on our side here... lament, lament.

As long as the Goose-that-lays-golden Eggs keeps right on laying without complaint the price will just keep on going up and up. Once it's clear (if it isn't already) that people will pay anything, expect that to be the "NEW" price.

Please bear in mind that we are only talking about a small stamp in a passport.

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
Markit Thanks for speedy reply confirming bad news Interesting thing is a big deal was made of my health/travel insurance and they would only accept
original contract which had to be express mailed from Australia copy of invoice and payment not good enough ? 4 weeks into wait they needed ANOTHER ID document as they had everything I own my friend went in while I was away with an expired passport from 93 and had to pay RP 500 000 on my behalf This goose is complaining and will be looking for a new country who would like my retirement income

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Abbey...do you think these are new problems and immigration is getting difficult?
My wife and I renewed our retirement kitas only last November and, other than signing some document, it was all completed by our agent. They did keep our passports for 5 weeks which meant we couldn't leave the country...I'll have to remember that next time. btw...I didn't have any medical insurance when we renewed.

A friend of mine and his wife are in the renewel process, with another agent, as we speak...I'll see him soon and ask about his process. He is eligible for a Kitap but concluded that it wasn't worth it as you have to pay 5 year's fees up front. I also thought they only give you max 2 years MERP with a Kitap anyway...anyone else have information?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm not even close to being Abbey but, yes these are new problems and it was explained to me that too many of us are falling ill and dead over here and not having any way to cover the bills that occur. Hence Immi getting stricter about what they accept.

Beginning to seem like they don't really want us here pissing and moaning about crime, the environment, motorcycling youth, food poisoning, adulterated Arak, high fees, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

I can understand it's easier to have happy tourists that come for 2/3 weeks and leave all their money here and then piss off back home to work.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Nope .. .sending money in envelope . .and not bother to come at all ... that would be ideal ! They are preferebly seeking for those !

ertert

Jul 24, 2010
I didn't end up getting the social visa. I thought I could use the sponsor letter on the forum, fill in my sponsors details

but I could not get a copy of their KTP at short notice so I didn't bother. Off to Bangkok in 2 months to try again.

I got my social visa in Bangkok. I made sure I had all the documents and used VincentOG's invitation letter

https://balipod.com/forum/threads/sos-bud-visa-invitation-letter.3418/ in the Stickys

which was accepted. It is a much smaller operation, only 5 people were applying when I was there unlike KL which is huge.

They only accept USD in cash (visa fee $50usd) and is ready two days later. They said that the tourist visa is available

if you don't have a sponsor but be aware they can and do change the rules at the drop of a hat...

Last edited by a moderator:

ertert

Jul 24, 2010
did you need to show an exit ticket ?
Yes
Exit ticket mine was for a flight home in November
Sponsor invitation letter which is checked and details ticked off at the desk
(Letter from Stickys was fine)
Copy Sponsor ID
Copy Passport ID
Copy Entry stamp and Departure card in Thailand
2 photos
$50usd

rudicantfail

Dec 3, 2014
Can anyone confirm that Kuala Lumpur no longer offer 60 day tourist visas?

Also, does "NO SHORT SLEEVES" refer to T Shirts? Or just singlets?
Do I need sleeves that go all the way to my wrists?

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Dress code at most are collared shirt , you are visiting a countries embassy or consulate .I usually wear khaki long pants and a collared shirt along with closed toe shoes .