Now Claudia you are into a pet subject of mine - solar heating! love the idea but like you say it aint as easy as it sounds.

My first attempt was using the recommended "syphon" method to move hot water from the collector to the tank i. e. from a hotter to a cooler environment - didn't work for shit.

Water in the tubes got lovely and hot but not a syphon effect in sight - it just sat there in the tubes getting hotter and hotter.

So if it's documents you want I can email you dozens but if it's experience you want, keep looking, my hot water works with a switch now :icon_rolleyes:

Can't delete the whole thing but due to my really really speedy connection I posted this twice - yeah! speedy

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, it's one of those 3G modems, but thanks for remembering:icon_wink:

markit, why don't take a flexi (CDMA) for the homeline? you get a phonenumber with areacode, it's pretty cheap to use and you pay the phonebill monthly.
You can also use it for internet, at least that's what they told me...I never tried it, for internet I have a 3.5G modem from indosat and as a backup a modem for 'smart'-card

I'm interested in anything DIY in re. to water heating. I've also heard of using compost piles to heat water......

That and water purification are my projects for this summer.

So any information is more than welcome!

Now Claudia you are into a pet subject of mine - solar heating! love the idea but like you say it aint as easy as it sounds.

My first attempt was using the recommended "syphon" method to move hot water from the collector to the tank i. e. from a hotter to a cooler environment - didn't work for shit.

Water in the tubes got lovely and hot but not a syphon effect in sight - it just sat there in the tubes getting hotter and hotter.

So if it's documents you want I can email you dozens but if it's experience you want, keep looking, my hot water works with a switch now :icon_rolleyes:

it takes time to grow some trees, I think.
well, bali bengong. hahahaha, what an ugly name. bengong means day dream.

Don't understand the reference to trees - and I got to tell you the BoogeyWoman aint that beautiful either...

Bengong or day dream seems to fit the the use just about perfectly in my humble opinion - but what do I know?

There is no arguing about taste so I will just say my bit and leave it at that...:icon_razz:

I though bengong meant something like dumbfounded.... or is it something in Balinese...?

Well as long as the bale2 is not bengkok or benyot or Markit will be very bengkeng!:icon_mrgreen:

Back