freetofly

Hi guys
I recently had a baby in bali and now need to get an Aussie birth certificate. Any idea of where?
And does anyone know about rules in regards to Indonesian immigration-what to do?
Had someone recommend an agent but they charge 1000$US which is not feasible
Thanks

I did it for my son and the process is pretty straightforward - everything can be done in Bali. No need for an agent. You can apply for a passport the day you pick up the citizenship certificate if you have the forms filled out (and signed by both parents). Also, you need an "official" translation of the Indonesian birth certificate, even though almost everything is written in Indonesian and English. The consulate will give you a list of translators who can do the translation.

Just get this done with all the legal signatures and chops! I can tell you that I, now already 47 years on this planet, have been trying to get a legal and accepted birth certificate for myself for the past two years! Born in Taiwan and no birth registration I am officially non-existent although the Dutch give me a new passport every 5 years.
I don't know how the Australians are (that is the important part if the child is to be an Austalian citizen) but ask, ask, ask and make sure your child will not have any problems 40 years from now!

Last edited:
Back