BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
I'm pretty sure i don't know everything. I was "confused" about the Indo prenup, remember?, so that's at least one thing.

But you harping on about how warm and fuzzy the Indo's are is a bit rich considering your awareness of all the "horror stories" and "scamming" and "acting performances" that really go on - as per an earlier post of yours. Just because you've upgraded from fiance to husband doesn't mean the rest of the Indo's have now all turned over a new leaf. :highly_amused:

And you may like to rethink your eagerness to make personal attacks. You've got a habit of doing it on this forum and some ppl get offended and then don't come back no more. It's cyber bullying. So you're married to a 3/4 Chinese 1/4 Indo wifey - bully for you! Seriously, i wish you well. But do we now all need to tread carefully and not have any dissenting views because of it? Or when you have another personal go you must then be prepared to cop some choice sheep f*cking remarks, right??? Seriously.

Cyber Bullying lol, I added a few smiles in with my posts, obviously not enough for the overly sensitive types. Sounds like you've gone through all my old posts, kind of creepy.

About the warm and fuzzies yes there are some but like Gil said and I agree there are plenty of Gold Diggers here as well. The way I see it you can either go through life thinking everyone is either one of the other or you can open your mind, get to know them individually and then decide for yourself. You'll then might eliminate the risk of being called narrow minded on a public forum. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and one thing I will admit is that YES all Kiwis root sheep, its a fact, what I won't tell you though is where we export the meat.:icon_e_confused:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Your wife can not own property without a legal pre-nup
I have started a new thread under property.

Hi fred2, have read the other thread, and I do understand what you're saying and how the 'law' works...
that being said, my wife does have some land in her name...not as an nominee but on the landcertificate, this was processed however before she got a
new kartu keluarga and ktp, wich now says married. The notary who handled it knew she was already married to me..
will go to him to ask if there are any problems that could arise...not so much as when/if the marriage seizes to exist, but rather as if we want to sell it to someone.

now let me pick your brain first or any other member that might know for that matter...
she, my wife can own a company right? so what if I just buy a pma based in Batam :icon_mrgreen: :icon_wink:,
with a small office on Bali in her name...possible or no? I mean legally possible? and then have whatever signed over to that company?
Thanks for any insights..

ooowww, and so sorry to averyone that this thread has taken an turn in a different direction...well, somehow it is still connected...anyways, sorryyyy y'all.

alphonso

May 26, 2011
Cyber Bullying lol, I added a few smiles in with my posts, obviously not enough for the overly sensitive types. Sounds like you've gone through all my old posts, kind of creepy.

About the warm and fuzzies yes there are some but like Gil said and I agree there are plenty of Gold Diggers here as well. The way I see it you can either go through life thinking everyone is either one of the other or you can open your mind, get to know them individually and then decide for yourself. You'll then might eliminate the risk of being called narrow minded on a public forum. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and one thing I will admit is that YES all Kiwis root sheep, its a fact, what I won't tell you though is where we export the meat.:icon_e_confused:

I'm no Dr Phil but you know the type, stick the boot in then add a smiley so it's all ok. As long as you're able to get as good as you give it's fine by me.

Lots of gold diggers here, for sure. Lots of liars and cheaters too. And that's just the expats!

Hah, good one about where the meat is exported to. I think i know where :icon_biggrin:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Im a female.. he is male :)

We are both not religious and neither one practises a religion however for it to take place there we need to be the same religion..

and i dont like Whiskey.. Kahlua yes, Whiskey nope!

I am curious though why the outburst?

Hi again Soontobe,

If you've managed to stay awake through the endless complications that this thread has thrown up then please hark back to my original words. Also remember that all the problems refered to here are but a mere taste of what you have coming at you and are only really pointed at the ownership side of the relationship. No one speaks of love or happiness or joy here - it's all business.

And in the end that is what it will come down to. My personal opinion for what it's worth is that a relationship starts out easy and gets more and more complex as time goes by with houses, businesses, kids, parents, etc etc. and over 50% of those marriages fail in western countries.

The question is what chances does a relationship have that starts out as complicated as these guys all have it?

My final word is have a lovely time with your fiancee/lover and leave it at that. Old adage "why buy the cow when milk is free?"

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
The question is what chances does a relationship have that starts out as complicated as these guys all have it?

Most relationship don't start out with problems, they come up as you go down the track, like any relationship, east or west.
And no more than a non mixed couple that come to foreign country to live.

So if 50% of all marriage fail then why get married??????
soontobe under Australian law you are already married so why not just do the ceremony????

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
isn't everything always 50%??? it's either yes or no...to do or not to do.

@markit...you really think relationships start out easy here? apart from the cultural differences, language barriers, habits, foodpreferences and I could go on and on about things that are
very different with a girl from Indonesia and for example a girl back in europe.
I didn't mention, love,happiness or joy, because I assume if getting married those feelings all are there. following the logic of 'why get married if those feelings are not there'.

but back to the chances of a relationship/marriage being succesfull, if a relationship starts out easy and then with time it gets harder, maybe the feeling arises "I haven't signed up for this"
hence people grow apart etcetc...and eventually get divorced.
now if a relationship is kinda hard at the beginning (overcoming barriers/hurdles together as examples above) and gets easier and easier over time,
I think the feelings of joy/happiness/love will only grow...I know it does so for me.

as for considering adressing ownership questions, it's just all business...well I can only speak for myself, for me it's not business but quite the opposite...
when I die (sooner or later) I want to be sure there will be no problems regarding ownership questions of whatever for my wife and maybe by then my child(ren)...
so it's more like, how to ensure my wife and kids will be ok in the future.
guess getting older is making me more responsible, hahaha.

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia

Most relationship don't start out with problems, they come up as you go down the track, like any relationship, east or west.
And no more than a non mixed couple that come to foreign country to live.

So if 50% of all marriage fail then why get married??????
soontobe under Australian law you are already married so why not just do the ceremony????

Hi Fred, I may have miscommunicated something along the way but we are not married at all. Sorry for any confusion,

Markit as stated before:

"Thank you to everyone responding, Its giving me so much thought and information - including Markit.

This relationship has been fine - ups and downs. A normal relationship. However I have experienced so much negativity towards the relationship Markit that you arent the first and you wont be the last. Youve not been the rudest either.

I have tolerated this for a fair few years and any relationship is about accomodating both beliefs. No 2 people will ever be the same, the same morals and beliefs and things but it just about acceptance. Yes, this relationship has more obstacles than some but also this relationship is far more rewarding than others.

I will continue to think this over and if it feels right, it usually is right.

Nothing in this world is forever without hard work, not even the love from your kids the moment you give up you are doomed for failure however that can usually be prevented with comprimise and work. My culture is no more right than his and his isnt more right than mine. Its about meeting half way and so far we have been pretty good at it "

I could garuntee if I was married to you I would get divorced, I dont believe I have ever come across someone like you unfortunatley you do just come across as a sad sack and the glass could never reach half full... My marriage could never survive with someone who is so Pessimistic.. And it suprises me 10 pages down the track you are looking for some reaction to your words.. Somewhat sad imho but upto you :)

kayoticlaudia

Mar 10, 2011
Indonesia & Germany
OMG.... I actually went back to the beginning of the thread and now see some of what is going on......

- my sister is married to a Balinese - Mixed marriage still going strong!
- my parents - Dad Dutch Mom German - this certainly qualifies as a mixed marriage!!! Germans and Dutch will know what I'm talking about (add to that that my Dad was born and raised in Indonesia)
- I've tried my own kind but those relationships were all doomed and now will venture into a mixed marriage myself....

As to the slave thing somewhere on page 1 - hey I was with a German man and felt like a effing slave in that relationship. Good thing I never married the guy cause his now wife is supporting the guy.....

Sure there is always the differences of culture, upbringing, religion and more but in this century it no longer should be a problem - not like it was say .... 100 years ago?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
OK then back to the wedding.
Soontobe if you live together in Australia for more than x years you don't need to put a ring on it???????
Are all you rells coming for the happy day????
when you get married here you need 3 dresses, one in the morning, one for ceremony, one for the evening. (different parts of the all day ceremony):icon_mrgreen:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
OK then back to the wedding.
Soontobe if you live together in Australia for more than x years you don't need to put a ring on it???????
Are all you rells coming for the happy day????
when you get married here you need 3 dresses, one in the morning, one for ceremony, one for the evening. (different parts of the all day ceremony):icon_mrgreen:

My english must be terrible hahaha sorrry, I have somewhat adopted my partners way of speaking I think??

We are going through a Visa app at the moment to bring him out here, I was staying there for 6 months and now I have come home and am trying to bring him home..

I called multiple celebrants at home last week and had so many negs on it - Cannot because:
a. we suspect its an immigration wedding
b. we are not sure of his genuine intentions to marry you as he is young and indo
c. $3000 for us to sign the piece of paper
d. dont want to get involved with immigration?

I found someone on the weekend and she is happy to do it so Its just tossing up now aus or indo.

Yes, all my rellies in aud will come to aus wedding - half of indonesia will attend the indo one.. hahaha Im trying to negotiate the whole dress thing down.. but its not to successful yet :(

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
To be honest I would come to Indonesia & do the wedding, the cost was under 3000aud
The in-laws were very happy & organized the hole thing with my wife, All the rellies will love a holiday:icon_mrgreen:
The street was blocked off & had a big marquee, I had to sneak in to the bed room for a drink:icon_rolleyes: (dry weddings)
I think that made it a lot easier to get her visa for Australia, the visa only took 2 months to be approved. (spouse visa)

alphonso

May 26, 2011
- my parents - Dad Dutch Mom German - this certainly qualifies as a mixed marriage!!! Germans and Dutch will know what I'm talking about (add to that that my Dad was born and raised in Indonesia)

Hah, i know what you mean with this. It's similar to a true blue Bali girl with a bule, in Bali. A lot of stigma against.

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hi Soontobeexpat,

Don't let Markit get you down, he's just a lonely old twat with an unjustified superiority complex, his previous dribble on the forum is evidence enough to conclude the guy 'just aint gotta clue'. He couldn't possibly be in real life like how he is here otherwise he would not have a head remaining on his shoulders.

Anyways moving right along, I thought you were applying for a Prospective Marriage visa??? Why all of a sudden the rush to get married? Getting married before the verdict (which I'm sure would be positive) could jeopardise the prospective marriage visa application (you are supposed to get married within the 9 months that he is granted with that visa) as far as I'm aware, or at least would mean you would have to go back to square one and apply for a full Spouse visa. If I was you, hold back and try and marry in Oz and don't convert for conversions sake. Maintain your freedom of choice to remain non religious otherwise you're merely supporting the bullshit Indonesian notion that only partners of identical faith should be free to marry (or that people must have a religion to marry, period).

Anyway, take care and keep us informed!
Adz

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
my wife is hindu, she claims that the same religion issue is only for muslims and not hindus....
is this correct?

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hi Tango,

As far as I am aware at least, in Indonesia you both must be of the same religion (or at least claim to be of the same religion) regardless of which one of the 5 recognised religions you claim to be (Islam, Hindu, Buddhist, Protestant or Catholic). I think the 'proof' component of an Islamic union is a bit more strict (i.e. more bureaucratic) than the other 4 religions which may be what your wife is referring to, as in, the marriage office will want to see the appropriate paperwork from an Islamic authority to say that you have 'officially' converted before they proceed with verifying the marriage. For the other 4, I believe the marriage registry just takes your word for it. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's more or less along those lines. I know for me it all seemed like 'too hard basket' and I'm glad the missus and I were married outside of Indo.

Kind regards,
Adz

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Tango,

Just to throw in a little bit more trivia which is perhaps what I was heading towards in the last rambled post and I think also fits in with what your wife may be suggesting or thinking about. I think a Muslim wedding is considered a 'complete' wedding, where as the other 4 have a religious wedding/ceremony but that is not considered an official marriage until a civil marriage has been undertaken also. If you are married according to Islamic religious custom it's automatically considered official. I think. Or something like that......

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
adam is right...a muslim wedding, one will get after the 'ceremonie' that bluebook...like an ownersbook, hahaha..but no worries they issue two, one for the wife owning the husband and vice versa..this book will in a case of divorce or death be sufficient for the courts..in other words...a muslim marriage is right of the bat a 'legalised' marriage.

a Hindu wedding for it to be a legal wedding needs to be registered, after the wedding (duh) at the catatan sipil with all the other documents as descibed in previous posts.
converting to Hindu, is as easy as 1,2,3 or A,B,C.

same goes protestant...you'll get baptist (sprinkled with water) get an certificate of baptism and that's it, easy right? for it to be legally recognized...again of to the catatan sipil to register it.

catholic is a bit different...maybe depending on the church (???), but since they all 'report' to the vatican about income/expenses/marriages/deaths/etcetc...) it's a bit more strict and one
needs to take classes with the priest/referent/dominee (no idea which his name is) and at the end ofcourse an examination. In this period (6 months) attend church-services, and be actively
involved...whatever that means? Anyways after all that then still one needs to go an register this at the catatan sipil.

haven't met any buddhist here, nor did I search for info about the ins and outs about their ways, when I wanted to get married.

bottomline for people (mixed-marriage) who would like to apply for an spousevisa/kitas, no other way then to just marry under the Indonesian rules.
one could get married abroad ofcourse and it would be totally legal there, but overhere you could not apply for that visa unless of the same religion and either have the blue book or the
weddingcertificates from the catatan sipil.
Not to mention how happy one would make inlaws, by marrying their daughter/son overhere...

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
To convert to buddhism you write a simple letter saying I blah blah want to convert to buddhism blah blah, then hand it to the people at the Klenteng. You do this a week before your wedding so they can arrange the papers. No costs involved.

For a Local to change they just go to their local Kelurahan, change their Family Card (Kartu Keluarga), then to the Camat to change their KTP, total cost of around 20,000 - 25,000 all up.