no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
On the big day it was great had no idea what happened but my wife & I had a good time.
now we have a blue book & everyones happy:icon_mrgreen:.
So its easy to get married here & you will have fun.
I recently purchased a new car. We had a small ceremony. I had a few drinks and I also have little idea of what happened. However they gave me a blue book as well. I hope that I have not married the damn car.:icon_rolleyes:

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I recently purchased a new car. We had a small ceremony. I had a few drinks and I also have little idea of what happened. However they gave me a blue book as well. I hope that I have not married the damn car.:icon_rolleyes:

:eagerness::icon_e_biggrin::icon_e_biggrin: Sometimes it's confusing with all these ceremonies...

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia

If you have the Almighty blue book, I'm sorry to say you are married to your car:icon_mrgreen:
If the police see you driving anther car, be careful remember the Adultery law

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
Do I need to register our marriage in Indonesia, I guess I will have to when we move there and apply for a spouse visa, my wife and 8 week old daughter are both holders of Indonesian passports.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Do I need to register our marriage in Indonesia, I guess I will have to when we move there and apply for a spouse visa, my wife and 8 week old daughter are both holders of Indonesian passports.

I have no idea if you can register your marriage from abroad...being it without mentioning of beliefs/faith/religion. but yeah if you would want to apply for the spouse visa, you would have to be registered in indonesia as married to an Indonesian (ofcourse)
if you want your marriage registered here in Indonesia, it needs to be a marriage where both woman and man are of the same religion.
maybe you could register you balinese hindu wedding, instead of the other one..

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You must register you marriage with in a month of returning to Indonesia, you will also register your pre-nup at the same time.

The idea to get married oversea allow you not to have the same religion.

If your daughter has a Indonesian passport you wedding must have been registered????

Last edited:

alphonso

May 26, 2011
"you will also register your pre-nup at the same time"

Heh, that's what i'm talking about. At least you had the guts to mention it. So who else here has protected their finances from their Indo wife in this way. Some disclosure might add a little credibility to this thread. Or is it really only love :highly_amused:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You need a pre-nup or you & your wife can not purchase land in Indonesia.

If you were getting married in any country, these days you would be mad if you didn't have a pre-nup.:icon_mrgreen:

I think there is still a 1mill fine if you don't register your oversea marriage within 30 days of moving back to Indonesia???

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
all interesting, i will definately register it in Bali before we decide to move there permanently (we might be 6 years away yet).

However my daughter recieved her Indonesian passport within a week and our marriage documents had to be lodged at the time.

As far as the pre nup goes, yes we need to do this when we visit in November as we cannot put our land in my wifes name until this is done, we have bought the land via her cousin (close friend) and will change it over to her name with the notary when we do the pre nup.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
You must do your pre-nup before the wedding, If you are now married its to late.
Did you get dual passports for your daughter?

ehm..when registering at the keluruhan/catatan sipil, there's a box that needs to be ticked "pre-nup yes/no" on the registery form.
when ticking yes, means along with all other documents that need to be given to them, also a copy of the prenup.

as for alphonso's comment, don't see how disclosure will enhance the credibility of the thread?
But okay, I have married without a prenup...I didn't see any need for it. If we divorce, she will get anything in Indonesia..I don't care, it's peanuts compared to
what I own abroad.

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
no dual passports yet, my daughter is only 9 weeks old and she has an Indonesian passport.
I am applying for Australian citizen by descent and she can have dual up to the age of 18.

as far as the pre nup goes i was told we can do this with the notary at the time of transferring the land into her name?

do you forsee any problems?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Part of the documents will be a copy of the marriage certificate from oversea, the date on the certificate must be after the date on the pre-nup.

as for alphonso's comment, don't see how disclosure will enhance the credibility of the thread?
But okay, I have married without a prenup...I didn't see any need for it. If we divorce, she will get anything in Indonesia..I don't care, it's peanuts compared to
what I own abroad.

So if you register your marriage in your home country, could she go & take 1/2?????????
I think that in Australia your wife takes 1/2, so if she is legally married to you, I think that if my wife went to Australia & applied to the courts she could get 1/2?????????
I wonder if a pre-nup in Indonesia would be recognized in your home country????????

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
"you will also register your pre-nup at the same time"

Heh, that's what i'm talking about. At least you had the guts to mention it. So who else here has protected their finances from their Indo wife in this way. Some disclosure might add a little credibility to this thread. Or is it really only love :highly_amused:

Alphonso I think you're a little confused about this whole pre-nup thing, pre-nups are made so mixed couples can legally purchase land once they're married. It doesn't protect the foreigners finances against anything, in fact its more the opposite, it ensures everything is under the locals name. Me myself I didn't get one, wish I did but hey I'll just put everything under my sons name when he's born next year.

From your comments though Alphonso it seems you have a very narrow minded view about mixed marriages here in Bali. There are plenty of decent honest local people here on the island, maybe you should get out more and meet some of them, who knows you might even make some friends. :icon_mrgreen:

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
ok so the date of the amrriage certificate will be before the pre nup date so you think this creates a problem?
what about my daughter, she has an Indonesian passport can i put the land in her name?

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
what I own abroad.

Hi Gilbert

I don't have a prenup either. When I bought my land, the lawyer I consulted said that in case of a divorce, it's 50/50 whether you are a foreigner or not. I am not sure whether this is 100% true but I thought it was / is.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
as far as the pre nup goes i was told we can do this with the notary at the time of transferring the land into her name?

If you can give me the name of notary that would be great:icon_mrgreen:.

you can only register a pre-nup before you are married.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I don't have a prenup either. When I bought my land, the lawyer I consulted said that in case of a divorce, it's 50/50 whether you are a foreigner or not. I am not sure whether this is 100% true but I thought it was / is.

What the name of the lawyer?????
you can inherit land & then you have 12 month to sell it, Foreigners can not own land, your name is not on the title.