T.J

Apr 21, 2010
Tiying Tukul puri, Canggu
I did search through the archives but only found anchient posts re: laptop repair. My sons Toshiba has just died and still has a months warranty left on it. If I can find a Toshiba agent great, if not I guess I will just have to lighten my pocket and pay for the repair. Anyone passed a Toshiba agent on the Southern end of the island or alternatively can recommend someone.
PS: I know how much Markit loves computer related threads so this should be a good vent for him LOL

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ok I got my Toshiba laptop repaired in Ubud. They had to send it off to Jakarta, of course - whether they did or not...? But it came back eventually and has worked ever since.

When going towards Ubud from Mas the road divides right hand side the road curves up towards Ubud and the left goes down the hill a bit - go left and repairer is on the right hand side about 50 meters down.

They were good, just not fast.

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
I did search through the archives but only found anchient posts re: laptop repair. My sons Toshiba has just died and still has a months warranty left on it. If I can find a Toshiba agent great, if not I guess I will just have to lighten my pocket and pay for the repair. Anyone passed a Toshiba agent on the Southern end of the island or alternatively can recommend someone.
PS: I know how much Markit loves computer related threads so this should be a good vent for him LOL

I had the keyboard of my Toshiba replaced in Denpasar.There is a shop just before the Amsterdam Bakery and Rimo on the left of jalan Diponegoro called "the Laptop Shop".The first try with a clone board was no good,the spacebar would only work when tapped right in the middle.I went back and then they miraculously produced the right Toshiba keyboard and replaced it without problem.(paid 1 juta,from surfing the net that seemed reasonable.)
The name of the guy that helped me and seemed rather smart is Hengky,HP 081382881597.As they also have a venue in the street behind Rimo(Bio Service Group,jalan Maluku II no1)where he sometimes is working,better call first to make an appointment.All the other guys in both outlets did not seem to be able to handle major problems,so better find Hengky.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
When you say "died" what do you mean exactly? Does the computer power on? Any error message?

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com

We are computer services in Bali specializing in laptop of any brand including Macintosh. We can repair almost any problem with laptop however we do not cater pirate software queries as all other computer services here. Do drop in to our office or call first to make an appointment.

Our details:
www dot nyamabali dot com
(we are not yet allowed to post a link in this forum)

FYI, Toshiba world wide warranty is not recognized in Indonesia.

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
nyama, not much on your website - but I love the map - especially the plane parked near the road. I have scribbled down your contact details, 'cause I don't really like going to RIMO.

hahahaa it's a screen shot of Google Maps. I have no experience in building a website and I've been trying this late few days to make it happen. Pushed by Google Indonesia that mailed us a free voucher of Google AdWords expiring today. Bear the website for now :p

Looking forward for your queries ;)

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Toshiba Repair

My information isn't very specific, but there is an official Toshiba repair shop on a main road in the Kerobokan area. I wish I knew the, address or had directions, but I wasn't driving. They as others have mentioned also send to Jakarta, but at least you have some assurance of getting genuine Toshiba parts.
The Rinbo(sp.) place in Denpasar is very risky. I have had my audio board and software ripped off there. Good Luck.