mrsifter_1

Jan 5, 2012
Hi everyone, just joined the forums and look forward to reading all about Bali before I arrive. I'm from Scotland and will be honeymooning in Bali in July.

I have booked a 3night stay in Ubud before we return to the UK, but for the first 10 nights once we arrive i would like to stay near Seminyak, preferably away from the rowdy Kuta crowd. One place I like the look (and price of) is the Ivory Resort Seminyak, although to me this looks like its in Kerobokan(?)

Anyway I've never been to Bali so just wondering if this place is not too isolated from things, between towns kind of thing? Easy walking distance to beach etc?

Any help is appreaciated, and apologies if this sort of request is frowned upon on this type of forum - just thought I'd ask.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Anyway I've never been to Bali so just wondering if this place is not too isolated from things, between towns kind of thing? Easy walking distance to beach etc?

Google Earth tells me it is almost 1 Km from the beach along a fairly busy street. Some people would regard this as nothing, others would think it a bit far for the hotter part of the day. But taxis are not expensive. After 3 days you could consider Sanur, closer to the beach before you get to Ubud. Check it out, and enjoy your honeymoon.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
fellow Scot

As a fellow Scot, here's my recent take:

In Dec - I stayed at:
Puri Naga (right on the corner of the beach at Double Six) - good price, large rooms, typical red-stone & carving type buildings, nice grounds.... slightly tatty around the edges but the area is fairly quiet (particularly over the past 2 days when the sky opened.... I stayed at Su's I last night - NOT a 'honeymoon' venue.

Puri Naga Sea Side Cottages | Legian Bali Hotels | Kuta - Bali
Internet Rate USD 52.00 / night

Kamala Pantai - is not far from the beach also.

Both look to be a bit more down market than the pics of Ivory Resort Seminyak on Booking.com (but when did the pics ever tell the truth?) BUT much closer to the beach & action - yet within their own quiet pleasant gardens.

Have a good honeymoon

mrsifter_1

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks SHoggard, appreciate the input.

I do however think I've just about decided on the Ivory for the ten nights. It comes in at the same price as The Puri Naga there so think I'll stick to my gut instincts. Can't be that bad a location I'm sure. She might actually prefer the 'quieter' end of Seminyak anyway.

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
Hi,

the hotel looks just a bit 'generic' to me but the price is great, and the location is a total winner - I love that part of Seminyak. make sure you have breakfast (or lunch or dinner!) at the wonderful Biku which is nearby.

BTW have you had a look at the villa option? In my eyes much more romantic to have your own place for a honeymoon. But July is peak season so it might be hard to find something that is reasonable.

sorry, if this has confused you further!

phil

mrsifter_1

Jan 5, 2012
Hi,

the hotel looks just a bit 'generic' to me but the price is great, and the location is a total winner - I love that part of Seminyak. make sure you have breakfast (or lunch or dinner!) at the wonderful Biku which is nearby.

BTW have you had a look at the villa option? In my eyes much more romantic to have your own place for a honeymoon. But July is peak season so it might be hard to find something that is reasonable.

phil

I've arranged a Villa for our final 3days up near Ubud, time to relax before heading home. Actually that's a point - anyone on here ate or stayed at Alam Ubud resort?

Sorry to bother you again but any chance of expanding on why this location in Seminyak is "a total winner". The honeymoon is a surprise for my wife to be, so I'm just trying to work out in my head if it's a place she'll really like.

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
It's close to mega-groovey places like the W and potato-head (which are actually great places to have a sunset drink with your newlywed) but if you wander up the beach a bit (towards batu belig) then there are some much much cheaper warungs right on the sand - also pretty romantic places. ok, you're not right in seminyak but seminyak can get pretty hot and bother-y! And it's only a $2 cab ride away. I understand where you're coming from though - on my honeymoon i made my wife mountainbike over a mountain in vietnam and she's never forgiven me!