jadebecca

Hi,i was hoping to get some ideas of good places to send my 4yr old son ?im wondering if everything is really expensive?

I think I saw some local nursery school in Bali but I rather keep them home if they'll be associating with most of the local children. My child my get misunderstood or be out-of-place.

Hi,i was hoping to get some ideas of good places to send my 4yr old son ?im wondering if everything is really expensive?

Hi Jadebecca, I'm stating the obvious here, I know, but it might depend on your location. I don't expect you'll have a problem finding a place for your son to spend some time with children his own age. Have you tried to google "bali kindergarten" to see what you get? This decision may also help you decide where you want to live.

If you expect to be in Bali until he is in school you might want the preschool to be a part of the school you want him to attend later. Good luck. My daughter drools at the thought of her children attending the Green School but she can't afford it.

Hello Jade!
Try to get the Bali advertiser, there on the education pages there is so much information about so many many playgroups and kindergardens especially on the south of Bali, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, and Sanur area.
You will be surprise about how many are!! (If you are still in Perth maybe you could check the bali advertiser on the internet or if you know somebody coming from Bali to bring you a bali advertiser)
I am not sure about the ones in south areas, I used to pay for the playgroup of my child I think around 6.000.000 per a year.
I hear Mimpimanis is sick with Denguer (I hope she recovers soon!!!!) she has a child in a kindergarden in Jimbaran area I think and she could give you a lot information about these things.

I looked at the Bali Advertiser on line, but nothing there. However if you goole search "schools in bali" you will find lots of information.

Children's House

My son will be 4 in July and he just coming to the end of his 2nd year at Children's House at Jimbaran. It has local teachers but the children are taught using English language and the Montessori method. There is a mixture of local and expat children there. Costs are much cheaper than the nearby Asian Internatioanl School. It is a school that invites a lot of parent participation and it is this and the small family atmosphere of the school which is one of the most positive features. You can find more information on their website Children's House : Playgroup, Kindertgarten, Primary

My son loves going to school here :icon_biggrin:

thanks for the reply,i had a look on their page it looks great!!do you have any idea of fees?they didnt seem to have them up,i did email them but they did not get back to me

thanks for the reply,i had a look on their page it looks great!!do you have any idea of fees?they didnt seem to have them up,i did email them but they did not get back to me

Hi Jadebecca. Wow what a minefield private education is in Bali. Here are some tips and questions to ask before you hand over enrolment fees etc. 1)Choose a school whose philosophy aligns with your core values. 2)Ask to see a copy of their curriculum ...even for pre-school. 3) Check that their resource materials support the curriculum 4) Visit the school and get a feel for it Finally and most important of all meet the classroom teacher and talk with them.Have a list of questions prepared.A school is only as good as the teachers that it employs.Heaps of ex-pats teaching on Mickey Mouse ESL qualifications. Check that your child's teacher has a recognised teaching qualification, not just a TESOL cert. My son went to Sanur Independent.... disasterous. Wished I had followed my own advice before I enrolled him. The Jimbaran school mentioned above has a great reputation as does The Montessori School. Sanur Kindy at Batan Poh is also good and reasonable price ( up gang opposite Sanur Police station). Good luck

also looking for school

We are also moving over later in the year with a 10, 8 and 5 year old. I agree the Bali Advertiser is a wealth of info, I have even found some lovely tuitors/teachers who have placed adds and could teach for alot cheaper then the schools, which with three kids is a HUGE saving.
Hi Jadebecca. Wow what a minefield private education is in Bali. Here are some tips and questions to ask before you hand over enrolment fees etc. 1)Choose a school whose philosophy aligns with your core values. 2)Ask to see a copy of their curriculum ...even for pre-school. 3) Check that their resource materials support the curriculum 4) Visit the school and get a feel for it Finally and most important of all meet the classroom teacher and talk with them.Have a list of questions prepared.A school is only as good as the teachers that it employs.Heaps of ex-pats teaching on Mickey Mouse ESL qualifications. Check that your child's teacher has a recognised teaching qualification, not just a TESOL cert. My son went to Sanur Independent.... disasterous. Wished I had followed my own advice before I enrolled him. The Jimbaran school mentioned above has a great reputation as does The Montessori School. Sanur Kindy at Batan Poh is also good and reasonable price ( up gang opposite Sanur Police station). Good luck

I looked at the Bali Advertiser on line, but nothing there. However if you Google search "schools in Bali" you will find lots of information about the school for 4 years.

Hi, I have a 2 year old and would like some info on preschools or playground in the kerobokan, canguu and Umalas areas. Has anyone any info on the Umalas village private school? Can't seem to get much.

We have been looking around for our two year old as well. AIS has a preschool program from 830 to 11, though we're looking for something a little longer.

I'm struggling to get info for my 2 year old as well - arrive on 18th of Feb and hope to be based around Seminyak. I looked at AIS, but like Tvashtar I need something longer - I would prefer less days per week but longer days :)

I imagine it will be easier to find something when I am actually in Bali, so I will update here if I do :)

There is a playgroup/ daycare in canguu called skoebi do that does care from 8-3. Check their website. A lOt of schools for 2 yr olds are mornings only 5 days a week. I mIght send my daughter to Skoebi as well. By the way If you are interested in meeting up with other mums and dads on a regular basis on weekends please let me know and I'll let you know when we next meet. Good luck with the schools.

Violette001, I went to school in Taman Rama School in Ubung (formerly known as Taman Mahatma Ghandi School). The school is pre-kindergarten all the way up to high school. The school has a diverse population, foreigners, mixed children, and Indonesians. They have both foreign and local teachers as well as the best facilities in comparison to most schools in Bali. Most importantly, it backed by a Cambridge program.

I had many fond memories attending the school and made life-long friends. Though, we are all now all over the world, my friends and I remain close and I have formed successful business ventures with a number of them. Overall, I had a great time. I hope this info was helpful.

wow what an interesting start to life these little kiddies will have. wish i could have moved about when my kids were little..

what sort of jobs do all these australians have. would love it.

My 3 yo and 5 yo go to Canggu Community School and they absolutely love it. Both of them have very good highly qualified teachers. Send the school an email and they'll send you their fee structure.

As for the Green school, it's a great idea, and a wonderful place, but there's no way I'd send my kids there.

School is by far our biggest expense in bali but my kids are having a great experience, meeting kids from all over the world (which is why I would never ever home school them).

Back